Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 9th Oct 2011 at 4:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by insane_in_charlie_shirt
Really? where about exactly because I havn't found it yet. I'd love to see it and have a play :D

Coat -> Fur Shape -> Advanced Mode then play around with the sliders to get the shape, length, and texture that you want. Make sure your graphics settings are on high or you probably won't see much of a difference.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 9th Oct 2011 at 6:40 PM Last edited by insane_in_charlie_shirt : 9th Oct 2011 at 7:40 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Sakarri
Coat -> Fur Shape -> Advanced Mode then play around with the sliders to get the shape, length, and texture that you want. Make sure your graphics settings are on high or you probably won't see much of a difference.

Oh those? Those are the sliders which made me miss TS2 textures :S

Although I did just go and have a quick play around again to, make sure I was fully seeing everything and to be sure my graphics were nice and high, and while I still don't think they're very good, I can see where EA were coming from and the potential these sliders have to be great...but, the textures are only available when a fur shape is chosen, you can't just have a dog who is curly all over evenly, and the waves aren't very wavy, they more closely resemble 80's crimping. (Which can work for certain dogs XD) (And the fur density one is a bit creepy, it looks like spikes...)

But I suppose that is more to do with the fur shape options than the sliders, as it stands I still miss the crispness of the textures from TS2, and that you didn't need a fur shape to make them work, but I'm hoping that when the full game is released either more options will be available (It seems like some more obvious sliders options in body shape were missing - like feet size and tail width etc.) or it will be possible to create custom fur shapes.

Thank you though, I would have spent ages obsessing about where the texture options were

Though, with all the little thins like this which I think could be done better, but are still good, there's only one thing which I actually have real a problem with - no third height.

not indorsed by Hypno toad... all hail Hypno toad @_@
Test Subject
#53 Old 10th Oct 2011 at 1:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ketsu_sama
Where are you from? I was able to get the LE version from Best Buy for 39.99 USD.

same price i was able to get it for at our local gamestop here in the US...barring location, "farmerphil" might want to look into why it was so exspensive
Forum Resident
#54 Old 10th Oct 2011 at 2:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CeJaye
Still October 18th for North America, and 22nd for everywhere else. I'd get it somewhere else if I were you, since they're telling you Oct. 30th. And Skyrim isn't out until Nov 11 so you'll have plenty of time.

overhere in Holland its Okt 20.
so just 10 more days!!
i'm gonna have so much fun reading you guys opinions!
Instructor
#55 Old 10th Oct 2011 at 10:45 PM Last edited by fraroc : 11th Oct 2011 at 9:08 PM.
Thus begins the LONGEST week of my life.

And the longest MONTH (Skyrim in 30 days!)
Forum Resident
#56 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 7:03 PM
I just realized - we can now make effective ZOOS. *rubs hands together and plots*

Or... or... a 4-H display at a County Fair! Wait, that might get complicated. Eh. Didn't someone make a Ferris Wheel?
Instructor
#57 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 11:58 PM
In Poland it's October 21...
Instructor
#58 Old 12th Oct 2011 at 12:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by anie_1981
In Poland it's October 21...

Hopefully you can score an American copy on the 18th....
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 12th Oct 2011 at 12:31 AM
I just saw a thing for the consoles about 'Karma powers' and how one of the options was transmogrify - turning a cat, dog or sim into another species.

Is there any indication if somthing like this will be in the PC version, either as a LTR or potion? It would be wonderful, and it seems a little strange that they'd leave something like this out of the PC version.

I just think it'd be fun.

Instructor
#60 Old 12th Oct 2011 at 3:10 AM
Well Karma powers are not in the PC version... so probably not. I think the list of LTRs was released a while back.

My true to life tumblr: http://smargent.tumblr.com/
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 12th Oct 2011 at 3:37 PM
Next part of Sims 3: Pets screenshots collection from SimsPlanet2 Forum!
Alchemist
#62 Old 12th Oct 2011 at 4:40 PM
OMG, a picture of a dog scratching furniture. I almost managed to forget about that.
Eminence Grise
#63 Old 13th Oct 2011 at 3:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by insane_in_charlie_shirt
I just saw a thing for the consoles about 'Karma powers' and how one of the options was transmogrify - turning a cat, dog or sim into another species.

Is there any indication if somthing like this will be in the PC version, either as a LTR or potion? It would be wonderful, and it seems a little strange that they'd leave something like this out of the PC version.

I just think it'd be fun.

Console versions are really different games than the PC versions... a lot less open-ended, more directed gameplay. They also don't have EPs: Pets is a standalone game on consoles. AND: they aren't getting horses So you can't really directly compare em.
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 13th Oct 2011 at 7:14 PM
Is there confirmation on how many puppies/kittens are born when a pet is pregnant?
Mad Poster
#65 Old 13th Oct 2011 at 8:25 PM
The XML says a maximum of 4 in a litter, so it can be 1,2,3,or 4. Pregnancy duration is 48 hours. There is also an extra thingy typed in: <!--Chance you get 2 [or 3 or 4] offspring that share the same egg--> which I presume to mean that some of the offspring may be identical twins.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Instructor
#66 Old 14th Oct 2011 at 1:08 AM
Is that XML in the Demo?

Scholar
#67 Old 14th Oct 2011 at 2:37 PM
I think now we get Sims 3 Pets, even before playing it. Too much info spoiled. In one side, I don't like it. In the other side, I am too curious...

Hey there! :)
Mad Poster
#68 Old 14th Oct 2011 at 3:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by van Dorn
Is that XML in the Demo?

There is a GameplayData.package file that came with the demo, yes.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 15th Oct 2011 at 7:15 AM
I WANT PETS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =)

Just being polite =D

Accidental Murder
Field Researcher
#70 Old 15th Oct 2011 at 3:54 PM
I wonder if pets will look pregnant or not? It's probably not; they didn't in TS2, after all.
Instructor
#71 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 4:33 PM
I wonder, If Sim will be ablle to ride a pregnatnt mare :P
Eminence Grise
#72 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 7:28 PM Last edited by Srikandi : 16th Oct 2011 at 7:51 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by anie_1981
I wonder, If Sim will be ablle to ride a pregnatnt mare :P

And will a pregnant sim be able to ride at all? They couldn't clean kitty litter boxes in TS2, wonder if that restriction's in as well (tough on any single moms out there!)

Edit: Haven't seen a screenshot of this before -- the horse race interface at the Equestrian Center (in Dutch, from SimsNieuws: http://translate.google.com/transla...de-door-xelles/)

Forum Resident
#73 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 8:04 PM
The game comes out in two days! I cant wait to see what neato CC sliders can be made for Pets. I think the first animal I'm going to make is Weregurumon
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 10:14 PM
That a nice touch of realism about the pregnant sims and litter boxes, I didn't remember that.
I know my sister loved being told that by her doctor, thinking she could get her partner to clean it out, instead they just got the cats to go outside.

Instructor
#75 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 11:08 PM
I really like that Race interface. It looks good.

Page 3 of 5