Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#26 Old 4th Oct 2011 at 8:27 PM
I fear my reaction was rather mild. I just thought "So, the DO listen to us if enough people keep on saying the same thing." Then I started to wonder if they will make a new EP for Medieval with horses...
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 4th Oct 2011 at 8:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Garambola
I fear my reaction was rather mild. I just thought "So, the DO listen to us if enough people keep on saying the same thing." Then I started to wonder if they will make a new EP for Medieval with horses...
What???? No horses in Medieval????

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 4th Oct 2011 at 8:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
My reaction was "ORLY?". Because I have yet to see any actual evidence that this is real and a bunch of photoshopped images does not constitute proof.

Ha-ha! I immediately thought of Capricorn I when I read this. Yes, the world IS INDEED flat!

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Instructor
Original Poster
#29 Old 4th Oct 2011 at 9:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
What???? No horses in Medieval????

Nope and that's what REALLY pissed people off.
Alchemist
#30 Old 4th Oct 2011 at 9:07 PM Last edited by Zandvoort : 4th Oct 2011 at 9:08 PM. Reason: OR I can't write anymore ORmyspacebarisbroken
Meh.I agree that EA finally did something good, something new,but I'm more a cat person

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#31 Old 4th Oct 2011 at 10:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elyasis
Now we can make Equus in the Sims.

Wait, I guess that's not such a good thing.

Oh........HELL to the N-O. (am I the only one who knows what that even is?)
Mad Poster
#32 Old 4th Oct 2011 at 11:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
LOL Pes I understand that this is a rhetorical position of yours, but in THIS case, it seems a tad weaker than usual, since I do not believe that you haven't already taken apart the CAP demo and analyzed everything in it. (Was very thoughtful of EA to give our modding community a head start this time )

Yeah, the caption in the parenthesis makes me think they didn't realize how much that helped the modding community. LOL! I don't think EA meant for that to happen.

Pes thinks it's all Lies and Propaganda until he gets the game and checks it out. When I heard about horses I was really not going to open myself to being happy because I worried how EA would have them in the game. If the promos and screens are true, then it will be a big YAY! After having let downs in prior EPs, I am still reserving myself in case I am disappointed.

How crazy there are no horses in Medieval? What was EA thinking?

*secretly squeeing*

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Instructor
#33 Old 5th Oct 2011 at 11:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fraroc
Oh........HELL to the N-O. (am I the only one who knows what that even is?)

Yeah, I know. It's okay fraroc, you are not alone in the horror!
Inventor
#34 Old 5th Oct 2011 at 11:35 AM
I was:

I'll have to wait and see, was it really a surprice? No of course not, EA knows an opportunity to make $$$ if it sees it.

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Top Secret Researcher
#35 Old 5th Oct 2011 at 12:08 PM
Well I don't care about horses in real life but I have always wanted them in the sims so my thoughts were:

Woooo horses... maybe my sims can ride them? No wait this is the sims, they won't be rideable and horses should only be in the game if they're rideable... Oh they are rideable... I hope my sim can ride them anywhere through the countryside on a crazy sim rampage... but I bet they're only rideable along the roads like cars, so it's not really a horse, it's just a car that looks like a horse. That's not a horse. Sad face.
Scholar
#36 Old 5th Oct 2011 at 1:30 PM
I think I even posted here in MTS back in 2009 about an EP that I called "Farm Life" or something like that. With Riverview and Twinbrook, and all the complaints, I saw it coming. I was very satisfied, because I like horses and was hoping for them in TS3.

I was hoping for farm animals, thou. Cows, piggies, sheeps~ At least we have cute birds, deers and raccoons.
Test Subject
#37 Old 6th Oct 2011 at 12:10 AM
I'm sure someone will be making at least Statues of farm animals to add to our Farming community I'm just happy i can finally have my horse ranch. Been working on making farms Since i found out that Horses are in this EP. I really dont like the houses that come with the base game so i always go in and redo them lol. But I gotta admit i feel like a little girl in a candy store waiting for this to come out ~~~~13 DAYS TO GO~~~~ *Does a happy Dance*
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 6:15 PM
Kinda horrified, kinda happy. If the people in Sims were hardly playable without loads of CC and mods, the first few weeks of playing them is going to be awful. I mean, they rear when you tack them up. SERIOUSLY? I doubt I'll get the game until I start seeing fixes for that kinda stuff. That being said, I've been wanting horses in Sims since I first started playing Sims 2. So it'll probably be worth the wait.
Test Subject
#39 Old 9th Oct 2011 at 10:51 PM
When I saw grim riding his ghost horse I was more than a little excited I was exctatic!
My poor other half had to hear about me going on about my excitement for this expansion pack all day then again when I found out you can actually play as the pets :D
I'm def stoked for the 21st of october!(if my comp is upgraded in time) =(
Alchemist
#40 Old 12th Oct 2011 at 3:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GigaRevival
Meh. I'm so-so. I didn't really care for horses to be introduced, but I can see the appeal. At least it's something new and different for sims... I can certainly applaud that.

That was my reaction as well.
Field Researcher
#41 Old 14th Oct 2011 at 12:12 AM
I wasn't very exited, but I thought it was a nice feature to add to the game, something new and interesting. However, I am not very happy to hear that we'll have wild horses wandering through the town, they'll be completely out of place in many towns)))
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 14th Oct 2011 at 12:17 AM

*Signature Under Construction*
Field Researcher
#43 Old 14th Oct 2011 at 6:54 AM
I was, and still am, super stoked! I can't wait!!
Mad Poster
#44 Old 14th Oct 2011 at 9:09 AM
I'm another 'meh, cat person'.

But since the petition for horses had been bumped up after Pets was announced, I got a good laugh out of that :x
Test Subject
#45 Old 14th Oct 2011 at 12:48 PM
I screamed until my sister came in to see why I was screaming.
And then she screamed with me.
Pets has been my favorite EP in TS2, and seeing it again, AND BETTER, BECAUSE OF FREAKING HORSES was like a blessing.
I love dogs and cats too, but ponies are boss.
Test Subject
#46 Old 14th Oct 2011 at 3:40 PM
I was shocked, and still am lol
Theorist
#47 Old 14th Oct 2011 at 4:19 PM
I practically jaw dropped. I never expected EA to actually put horses in the game because I always got the impression that EA seemed to avoid putting in large animals. Then after the initial excitement my reaction was pretty much the same as simbalena. My expectations were really lowered after Generations but after all the previews it's been completely turned around.
Eminence Grise
#48 Old 15th Oct 2011 at 3:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Captain THPS4
I practically jaw dropped. I never expected EA to actually put horses in the game because I always got the impression that EA seemed to avoid putting in large animals.

I think there really was a barrier in TS2 that was removed in TS3... with the open world. Horses need space, and in TS3, they aren't confined to a lot
Mad Poster
#49 Old 15th Oct 2011 at 5:11 AM
So-so. The new elements the horses introduce is nice, and it is nice to see EA try something new with a pets EP. Still missing those animal shows that Unleashed had though.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Test Subject
#50 Old 15th Oct 2011 at 2:55 PM
I am super excited about horses (I kinda hope they bring them in the next expansion to TSM so I have new motivation to play the game again). I grew up loving horses but never had one so now I can have a virtual one heh
Page 2 of 3