Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 8:36 AM
Default Your plans for Pets
It's like the Late Night topic: what will you do when the expansion comes out?

Are you planning yet? Have you written down two pages about new families and their pets, like I did? What will be the course of your storyline in Appalooooosa Plains?

Anyways. Here's mine:

I like to play in several worlds, so I have something reserved for each city.

In Bridgeport: my spoiled actress will get some cute and fancy cat. Her sister, that is totally more down to Earth, will adopt a stray puppy. My athletic fireman will adopt a dog that build up his ego, or that makes him look even more hunky.

Twinbrook: I plan on giving a ponie to the mayor's daughter, and make her compete, since she's very athletic and not like the other girls around town. The mayor's newest son may get a puppy to play with and help him, because he's not very smart. My teen witch, of course, will gain a familiar, a beautiful black cat and I may call him Salem just for the sake of cliche - will bite my nails waiting for a mod to make shapeshifters so he can shift between cat and human. hahahaha

Redcliffs: since this world (which I suppose you guys have, because it's simply the most beautiful world I've seen - from Awesims) have a rural area, I may create a new equestrian-lover (does it make any sence?) family. My french girl may adopt a kitten, and the couple that runs a band may get a Husky. It fits their style, but it would be bad for the dog, since they live by the beach. He'll die with the heat! lol

Queenstown: (again from Awesims - amazing) I think I'm going to make a cat crazy girl for this. She may own four cats, or so. I don't think I can run more than this, hahaha. My main actor in the city may have a dog, and the richest family in the town will own a puppy. My lesbian couple will own a pair of dogs.

Well - I just started playing Los Aniegos so I don't know yet what I'mma do. Didn't started a game in Sunset Valley and Riverview since I reinstalled Sims, so they'll have to wait untill I lose my interest in Los Aniegos and Appaloosa Plains.

I don't have plant for Appaloosa yet, since I like to know the feel of the town I'mma play and see what I'mma make there.

But, what about you guys? Tell me your plans, I wanna steal your ideas! :D
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 8:46 AM
I haven't really planned ahead (I am NOT a planning type person... because I'm horrid at it), but I definitely have a few sims that are notorious cat lovers that will be getting their own furry pals.

Also, some nerdy/forgetful sims that will get ant farms... because it's obligatory. (ant farms are still included, right? I'm hopelessly out of the loop.)

As far as the other animals go, I'm sure I'll slowly integrate them as well.

On a random note: I agree with your sentiment regarding Redcliffs and Queenstown; both are absolutely gorgeous worlds.

"Goonies never say die."
Test Subject
#3 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 9:00 AM
I hadn't given it too much thought, but I'm definitely having a crazy cat lady with a house full of cats :D
Forum Resident
#4 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 11:10 AM
I'll get a turtle for my two lovely kittens to play with, I can't have one in RL because I'm always afraid that they will bite its head off. :D
(I don't even know whether cat can interact with turtle or not )
AND "two pages about new families and their pets" IS AN EPIC PLAN.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 11:46 AM
I'll move my sims into the new town and then ..... I don't know.....
Field Researcher
#6 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 1:41 PM
Exploring the town. lol. There hasn't been a lot of information about the townies.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 2:05 PM
I started making a wild west style town ages ago and got bored. The idea of riding horses has me all inspired again... I shall be play testing my world thoroughly :-)
Scholar
#8 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 3:06 PM
i will play....
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 3:28 PM
Wait until AwesomeMod is updated, then acquire it.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 4:11 PM
I'll :pauses to remove her cat from the keyboard: Sorry. Anyways, I'm gonna make a family full of Kitties. LOTS AND LOTS OF KITTIES. Cause my Momma won't let me have more than one cat in real life, so you can bet your last buck that I'm gonna have a sim old crazy cat lady.
Inventor
#11 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 4:31 PM
Wait for all my favorite mods to be upgraded....

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Alchemist
#12 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 4:33 PM
Everyone will get a cat, a dog, a horse and a unicorn. Yay. :D

Evil doesn't worry about not being good. - The Warden, Dragon Age Origins
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 6:58 PM
I'm going to go crazy in the Town, I'll have a read of the townies stories and such, but then I'll probably bring in any of the many sims I'm been making over the past few weeks with the idea of them being ranchers or dog trainers.

Then I'll probably get bored of them and go around giving all the survivor groups in my many different apocalypse/zombie/last sim alive games dogs to keep them company or horses for transport.

Then maybe I'll make a world, fill it with dig spots and vampires (With the vampire hunter mod thing) get a dog with hunting skill to find the dig spots, and go crazy Fable style.

I dunno. I'll probably just spend a week grinning like an idiot, then set about breeding pets ingame to see what happens.

not indorsed by Hypno toad... all hail Hypno toad @_@
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 7:03 PM
(I can finally jump into the Pets EP conversation as I preordered the pack today!)

I'll stick with my usual routine and explore, explore, explore. Check out what's new for a couple days before I really start to play the game. Then, I'll hold out and wait for my favorite mods to be updated so that I can play the game I usually do.
dodgy builder
#15 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 7:15 PM
I just have to explore the horses. I have to know how it works when I make houses.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 7:31 PM
I'm going to download a steampunk house. Then have one sim who lives in a bunch of crazy other sims... So a simbot, vampire, a witch, a unicorn, and of course a regular sim whos surround by the crazy supernatural creatures. It will be awesome.. may make a story out of it.. oh and have the unicorn be evil with flames and stuff... poor regular sim.....
Field Researcher
#17 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 8:55 PM
I'm going to plop my selfsim into the new town with my two cats, my two dogs, plus I'm going to give her a horse, and a bird. I'm going to explore the town, add the stuff for Late Night & Ambitions, and after I'm bored playing with my selfsim, I'm going to start a new Random Legacy there. Oh, and somewhere along the lines I'm going to make a Crazy Cat Lady.

Click HERE please, so I can up the sweet sweet page count. Thanks!

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx
Field Researcher
#18 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 9:08 PM
I may play around with the new world a little until the mods I use are updated, but I don't really intend to explore too much. I like to play my random legacy as usual and explore new features as I go rather than learning about everything within the first couple of days. I will definitely be getting a nice kitty for my dear Holmes & Watson to start off with (they're the founders of my legacy :D).
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 11:41 PM
nothing special really, just keep playing my same old families but give them pets.. maybe make a cat based on my real cat. And if I start a new game, I might put it in Appaloosa Plains. And if you can have a pet-only family, I'd love to have some pet-only legacy-type things.. or even if you can't, I might make some random sim and ignore them and only play the pets :P
Test Subject
#20 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 11:48 PM
how do u make something?!
Test Subject
#21 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 12:42 AM
Hehe i already been planning on this expansion since i first heard about it Got my main girl who is going to have a German Shepard as her herd dog. then nothing but horses on the ranch i been building. Done a few houses so far and love them all, I'm just really surprised i haven't seen ranches galore being uploaded or farms. Cuz if the houses in this one are anything like the rest of the Sims houses i know I'll be replacing them or updating them all lol... but that's the interior decorator in me. Already have some horses saved from the demo and hoping i can still use them
Fresh fruit from the bigot tree
#22 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 7:47 AM
I will domesticate some horses to earn me money, after wich I will breed unicorns (I guess they will be better to have around, one way or the other), but only after I get rid of all the premade cats in the savegame. With the "four walls" method.

Do not install pescado's mod. It is the one producing the errors it warns you about. Get Twallan's instead. It cleans your save file and prevents glitches.
Test Subject
#23 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 7:52 AM
I will probably surround my selfsim with turtles, since real me is. At least a Lily turtle.

I hope.. I hope they have Box Turtles, if not Ornate Box Turtles, because, then, that'd save me from a lot of work.

And maybe have a sim that has a lot of horses and horse babies.
Test Subject
#24 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 10:32 AM Last edited by smokepanther : 8th Oct 2011 at 10:35 AM. Reason: spelling/typing
i'll deal with not having all my fav mods...and just immerse myself in all the new goodness...im not a real "pets" type of person but then again i've wondered how i might make a sims version of a really bad old movie..."billy the kid versus dracula"...who knows...this just might be a bit of totaly silly and ridulous fun...then again who am i kidding...the choices offered in this exp are gonna be quite fun pet guy or not
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 3:05 PM
I'm going to make a poor sim who lives on a rundown/abandoned farm. She will probably start out with a dog and/or a horse. The goal will be to build up the farm over the generations (I always play legacies). They will breed and train horses.

My current legacy family living in Queenstown will probably get a cat.

I wonder how this will all work with townies. Will we start seeing townies riding around town on horses? That would be kinda odd in a world like Bridgeport lol.
Page 1 of 3