Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 10:09 AM
Default Free stuff pack w/pets preorder
Apparently, there is a new deal available for preordering pets. If you preorder from Origin they will give you a free downloadable stuff pack. The stuff packs offered are High End Loft, Outdoor Living or Fast Lane (you can’t get the new Town Life stuff pack.) You can order a physical copy of pets, but the stuff pack only comes as a download. Unfortunately, older orders don’t get the deal, so if you already preordered, you have to cancel it and preorder again.

The main website didn’t actually link to the deal for me, but the link that simsvip gave worked.
http://store.origin.com/store/ea/ht...PreOrdStuffPack

If they keep offering these deals, I may actually get all the stuff packs. :D
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 11:05 AM
It's really frustrating that such offers aren't available in all countries. I live in Poland and we may only dream about such fantastic offers as one of the stuff packs for free. So unfair... -.-'
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 11:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aUserName
You can order a physical copy of pets, but the stuff pack only comes as a download.

Where does it say that you get a physical copy of pets? All I see when I click on the link is an option to buy the direct download (and it says a free stuff pack but doesn't offer it when you try to make a purchase).
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 2:24 PM
Simbalena, I don’t know why you’re having problems ordering. Here’s how I ordered it. I went to this web page:
http://store.origin.com/store/ea/ht...PreOrdStuffPack
Ok, it keeps automatically making this a link. I'm going to double post so I can give you it in text.

You should see this screen:

(image is from simsvip)

You can see in that picture that there are three steps.
1. Use the drop down arrow box to select a physical copy. It’s right under the cover box pic for pets box and it's called Platform. The download is automatically selected, so you have to change it. (You can also choose a download, pets plus or console version.)
2. Select the stuff pack you want by pressing the circle ticky under its cover pic.
3. Press the order button.

After you do that it should take you to an order page with an order list of pets and the stuff pack.
If that link doesn't work, you can try simsvip, but it’s the same webpage.
Another problem may be that you are in the wrong country? I’m not sure why it isn’t working for you.

Quote: Originally posted by shante090
It's really frustrating that such offers aren't available in all countries. I live in Poland and we may only dream about such fantastic offers as one of the stuff packs for free. So unfair... -.-'

That sucks; I don’t understand why EA doesn’t support its international customers better. You would think that such a large country would. Is it definitely impossible for you to order it from them? They offer a downloadable version of pets too. Of course, I don’t know if there are any other languages offered.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 2:32 PM
Too bad I ordered on Amazon.
I guess I'm just going to have to miss out on this deal and get the Stuff Packs I want when I see them used or on sale.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 2:32 PM
Here is a link for you to cut in paste. Perhaps it will work better.

http://store.origin.com/store/ea/html/pbPage.sims_stuff?intcmp=TheSims3StoreSept_Internal_ComSplash_PreOrdStuffPack
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 2:39 PM
Can you cancel the order? I know that you might not find it worth the trouble though. It's pretty stupid of EA to do this at the last minute.

I kind of thought EA or maybe some store might have a last minute special offer like this, so I waited. I'm glad I didn't trust EA.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 3:21 PM
Simbalena, I don’t know why you’re having problems ordering. Here’s how I ordered it. I went to this web page:

It's certainly looking like it's US-only, as with the pre-order SP for Generations -- I'm from the UK and no matter how I try accessing that link, I get redirected back to the main Origin home page.

Angelos Town Prosperity updated 11th June 2012. | Albion Falls BACC updated 25th April 2011.

Watch my Livesimming Channel -- 17th June 6PM GMT (2PM EST) Cresdale: Rules and Regulations (Part 2)
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 5:09 PM
Same here. We've never had an option to pre-order upcoming EP with SP as bonus.

aUserName, I can pre-order the digital version and unfortunately that's all about the options. No physical copy, no additional stuff pack to choose. Such a shame...
Inventor
#10 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 6:12 PM
I've pre-ordered at Bol.com and they're charging the same for the CE as for the standard version (so guess which one I got? )

They did the same with the base game together with various other websites, if you pre-ordered Sims 3 you got the CE for the same price as the normal one, so might be interesting for other Dutchies.

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Eminence Grise
#11 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 7:33 PM
That sucks; I don’t understand why EA doesn’t support its international customers better. You would think that such a large country would. Is it definitely impossible for you to order it from them? They offer a downloadable version of pets too. Of course, I don’t know if there are any other languages offered.

To be fair, the US doesn't get all the "best" offers either There have been several bonuses, collectors editions and so on that were not available here. I think they just have different marketing departments in different regions, and they all make their own decisions.

The US FOR SURE doesn't get invited to the same number of fan events!
Mad Poster
#12 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 9:18 PM
I'd rather wait on SPs I don't have, like find them for a steal in the gaming stores or on line. I only want physical copies (don't know what I will do if they become extinct) and don't the digital downloads come with SecuRom? Nah, do not want.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 9th Oct 2011 at 6:47 AM
Dang it, why did I order at Gamestop? D:
Oh well, it's digital download anyway. I like my disc copies. :3
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 10th Oct 2011 at 10:28 PM Last edited by metal_goat : 10th Oct 2011 at 11:05 PM.
Is there a way to get the SP if you already preordered Pets?

EDIT: Official forum mod says yes.

"It sucks because the vampires don't run fast enough. Lets be realistic - any vampire could run at leas a 4.5 40. These guys ran somewhere between a 4.8.-4.9."
Theorist
#15 Old 10th Oct 2011 at 10:46 PM
Oh you also get a paw print costume as well now, they announced it on their facebook page.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 15th Oct 2011 at 9:18 AM
Wow, I'm impressed now! They've made it possible to pre-order Pets with free stuff pack in Poland! It has never happened before! I'm so happy!
Field Researcher
#17 Old 15th Oct 2011 at 12:24 PM
alright, dumb question- would pre-ordering a digital copy from Origin be alright if my copy of generations is a physical one? I'd love to take advantage of this offer, but I've been on the go quite a bit recently and don't really have a reliable snail mail address
Forum Resident
#18 Old 15th Oct 2011 at 2:43 PM
Well, I'll be darned -- the offer is also available in the UK now, and it runs until the 20th.

Angelos Town Prosperity updated 11th June 2012. | Albion Falls BACC updated 25th April 2011.

Watch my Livesimming Channel -- 17th June 6PM GMT (2PM EST) Cresdale: Rules and Regulations (Part 2)
Test Subject
#19 Old 15th Oct 2011 at 2:52 PM
@clockworkapple that should not matter at all. You will be fine ordering the digital version of Pets. I have the hard copy of Generations and I ordered the digital copy of Pets as well.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 15th Oct 2011 at 6:10 PM
I've never bought a stuff pack as they don't seem worth but seeing as it's free, can anyone recommend which one has the most content? Thanks.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 15th Oct 2011 at 9:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by evilcatapila
I've never bought a stuff pack as they don't seem worth but seeing as it's free, can anyone recommend which one has the most content? Thanks.

If I recall, HELS fittingly gave a lot of players Hell, Town Life is really just buildings, Fast Lane is just cars and stuff, mainly, so.... Outdoor Living Stuff, maybe? I dunno. None of them seem to be that great, really. Roll dice?

On a related note, Amazon is doing something similar, where you get a $10 voucher for things they sell and ship, if you preorder Pets from them. So if you prefer physical copies, and still want something free, it may be worth checking. Also works if you already preordered; they'll just apply it for you, so no need to do it over.

Methinks EA must really want to squeeze this expansion for all its worth. xD
Instructor
#22 Old 15th Oct 2011 at 10:28 PM
What I don't understand is, why do UK buyers only get the digital copies? If i'd pay that much for a game or two, i'd certainly want the actual physical copy.. Especially as I haven't once bought a digital copy of any sims game as I like to have a collection :3
Eminence Grise
#23 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 1:15 AM Last edited by Srikandi : 16th Oct 2011 at 1:35 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by evilcatapila

Depends on what KIND of content you like. If you like cars, Fast Lane is a good choice... and it is the only one that actually adds a trait (Vehicle Enthusiast) and the possibility of having a relationship with your car HELS is good if you like hypermodern stuff, but there is one annoying thing about it: the furniture has a lot of blue neon that can't be recolored Outdoor Living is probably my personal favorite, on the aesthetics. Would have to agree that TLS is a disappointment; it contains a handful of pretty nice community lots, including a couple of new rabbitholes, but there aren't many actual new objects in it, and you can get great community lots all over (or build em yourself).
Mad Poster
#24 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 1:31 AM Last edited by HarVee : 16th Oct 2011 at 5:29 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
I'd rather wait on SPs I don't have, like find them for a steal in the gaming stores or on line. I only want physical copies (don't know what I will do if they become extinct) and don't the digital downloads come with SecuRom? Nah, do not want.

Actually, even the disc based copies contain SecuRom, albeit to a very mild extent. SecuRom isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be though.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 12:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
If you like cars, Fast Lane is a good choice... and it is the only one that actually adds a trait (Vehicle Enthusiast) and the possibility of having a relationship with your car

That trait came with one of the patches.
Page 1 of 2