Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 11:31 PM
Now I'm going to have to go play the crazy cat lady! Why did you show her!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 4:02 AM
OooOoooo, it looks so pretty!
Test Subject
#28 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 6:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Axe Gaijin
Is there a Sniper in that Dinosaur? :D

Mmmmhhh I see many objects I want to us in my custom 'hood.

aha a fellow Fall Out New Vegas player...oooh I'm going to make a sim Boone!! :o)
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#29 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 11:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HCAC
Looks like you have a nice graphics card!

I only just got Generations and my lap top is groaning.

I don't think it can handle another EP so I will enjoy looking at everyone's pets for now.

I'm running on onboard graphics HD4250...not some fancy graphic cards, don't worry, Appaloosa doesn't lag on my rig much when I'm running it on high and it's very smooth when settings is low. I hope you can play it too, I think Pet's the best EP so far and playing it with cute kitten on my lap is even better.
Inventor
#30 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 12:29 PM
Installing now...

looking at those pictures again I now need to re-design some of my plans for my custom 'hood. I had planned an Urban-Suburban-Euro-Americana style 'hood but I now want to add a Rural area into that mix

Some of the run down buildings will look amazing in my East Freehaven area, where I plan to have an urban run-down/being renovated area and a factory district.

And the clinic will go great with my Malibu Beach area, looks just right as a private clinic for my affluent Sims

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Field Researcher
#31 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 6:35 PM
Persuading parents now, can't wait. Telling parents if I download from origin I get Limited Edition AND a stuff pack .

My Simblr: Here
Test Subject
#32 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 7:00 PM
After looking at this thread and exploring a bit more myself, I might have to take back what I said earlier. It's actually kinda pretty.

Although a lot of the terrain paint still looks really weird/unnatural to me ingame. Maybe it's just my graphics card?
Mad Poster
#33 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 7:13 PM
It is a beautiful place, I love the scenes and the gameplay is so funny. Very impressed with the new rabbitholes and somebody at EA must have study how simmers like their lots to look. Really nice looking ranches. Especially the ice cream truck. I like the animations of how they look inside trying to decide what to get. Major decision, LOL! The colorful pop has bad animations, but it is all good. Can anyone remember a "brain freeze".

The sims are decent too. I think the game is channeling Samuel L. Jackson for a bartender.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#34 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 2:31 AM Last edited by noxnoxnox : 21st Oct 2011 at 6:04 AM.
The animation of being stuck into the face is the same for all kind of ice-creams...I think they didn't bother to fix it because this kind of graphic bug is so obvious, some testers must have reported it.
But I love that the truck stops in front of my house very often so I don't have to run around looking for it. It's kinda funny my sim drops her ice-creams a lot, y'know it's 25 simoleon a piece, don't be so clumsy .
Then I'm questioning whether the Freezer Bunny is a reward for the cool treat's loyal customer?

Test Subject
#35 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 9:17 AM
oh... i just love that freezer bunny gnome. with his little fake beard and gnome-hat balancing on top of one of his ears. like he is in disguise or something
Field Researcher
#36 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 1:19 PM
Parents wouldn't be persuaded. Parent asked me if I wanted to go to Asda, going, hoping to buy game Post pics later.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#37 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 8:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shhh
Parents wouldn't be persuaded. Parent asked me if I wanted to go to Asda, going, hoping to buy game Post pics later.

haha, I have seen you are dying to get the game, will their heart be soften if you do chores around house like those teenagers in game?
Inventor
#38 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 10:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shhh

If at first you don't succeed, whine and whine and whine again!

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Test Subject
#39 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 11:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NoRelationstoJFK
All I can think of is Braeburn from MLP saying AAAAAPPLELOOSA!

Excited for it though <3

I hope none of them buffaloes attack my pets. xD
Field Researcher
#40 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 2:12 PM
I have cleaned the bathrooms, hovered my room, tidied my brother's room and mine, whined, and I still can't have it

Scholar
#41 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 7:25 AM
I just bought the game today, and I am quite pleasantly surprised. This world is even better than Bridgeport and Twinbrook...
Instructor
#42 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 9:05 AM
And to know that for once EA actually didn't have a hand in making this world.... WesHowe said he spoke to someone who worked on the Pets expansion, and apparently EA completely outsourced the development of Pets. So they hired an outside company to do the design, who hired temp artists to make everything. Maybe that explains why FOR ONCE it doesn't actually suck. :D
They need to have that company make everything!

This space intentionally left blank...
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#43 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 10:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nukael
And to know that for once EA actually didn't have a hand in making this world.... WesHowe said he spoke to someone who worked on the Pets expansion, and apparently EA completely outsourced the development of Pets. So they hired an outside company to do the design, who hired temp artists to make everything. Maybe that explains why FOR ONCE it doesn't actually suck. :D
They need to have that company make everything!

Now I'm expecting some of our excellent builders to come out and confess they actually worked on this amazing plains.
Scholar
#44 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 10:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by noxnoxnox
Now I'm expecting some of our excellent builders to come out and confess they actually worked on this amazing plains.

Tomorrow it'll be discovered Appaloosa Plains is actually a massive piece of CC. :D
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 6:31 AM
I know I'm late to the party, but I just toured Appaloosa Plains, and I am so impressed and surprised. Honestly, I didn't expect to like it much since "I'm just a city [girl], I'm really not the country kind." But, wow! I love it. EA, or rather the company EA outsourced this to, did a really good job. One thing that I was gobsmacked by was the fact that they created new Ambitions lots and a Late Night lot. I never thought they would do that; I was expecting to have to 'doze those terrible auto-placed lots. It really feels like a complete town—just have to add a few bars and clubs, maybe add some Gen stuff to the parks. And as has been said, the new rabbit holes are also cool—they're new designs, not just recolors and the combinations actually make sense. Also, their descriptions in the community objects section are actually long and detailed, unlike the RHs from earlier expansions that just say stuff like, "This is the criminal warehouse for your town." In fact, all of the descriptions are pretty detailed.

Pets feels like a full expansion, especially in contrast to Generations where we got one community lot and no new town (I do like the gameplay that came with Gen, but still.) I'm wondering, did they include any World Adventures lots (don't have it installed at the moment)? Also, if you don't have Ambitions and/or Late Night installed, do the EP-specific lots like the consignment store still show up but with default replacements or are they not there at all?
Eminence Grise
#46 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 7:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Iggysaurus
I'm wondering, did they include any World Adventures lots (don't have it installed at the moment)?

No, but those lots aren't intended to show up in the base game anyway. Apparently, WA worlds do get minor pet spawners (lizards etc), and you can use Edit Town to add pets to families in those locations, but to travel with your own pets you'll need Twallan's Traveler mod.
Mad Poster
#47 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 7:27 AM
Sounds cool, Srikandi. I wonder if the residents will get horses if a Equestrian Center or something like that is placed in the WA worlds. I think seeing residents riding horses in China and Egypt would be cool.

I am not trying to think realistically, just think it will look great in the game. I just think it would have a more historic look to those lands.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#48 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 7:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
Sounds cool, Srikandi. I wonder if the residents will get horses if a Equestrian Center or something like that is placed in the WA worlds. I think seeing residents riding horses in China and Egypt would be cool.

I am not trying to think realistically, just think it will look great in the game. I just think it would have a more historic look to those lands.

I haven't traveled enough to see if Story Progression kicks in and immigrate new family with pets to the WA world or let them adopt pets, I think the quickest way is to have some pets in your library and add them to the existing families yourself. But animals are already roaming other worlds as Twallan has enabled many kind of Pets spawner.
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#49 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 8:43 AM
I think one of the cool things about this expansion is the ability to get on a horse and just go for a ride, and enjoy the scenery. What a beautiful town!
Test Subject
#50 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 11:17 AM
i love this new town and the rabit holes my only probkem is the sheard rabit holes like when your sim goes in the grocery store an not the diner it just gets abit anoying don't understand why they joined thoes two anyway they could have just placed them next to each other with move objects on same with the restraunt and buisness centre, i don't mind the school and staduim, hospital and science lab or the civil service building.
Page 2 of 3