Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#51 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 9:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jay290783
They don't all match because, for example, Adventures is something like version=2 I think.

That could be significant- what are your gameversions for each EP and SP?
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...ind_Gameversion
Can't remember if I asked you that before.

SharaRose, perhaps you could check your gameversions too?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 8:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
That could be significant- what are your gameversions for each EP and SP?
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...ind_Gameversion
Can't remember if I asked you that before.

SharaRose, perhaps you could check your gameversions too?

Will give what each skuversion.txt file says:

The Sims 3 Base Game

The Sims 3 World Adventures

The Sims 3 High-End Loft Stuff

The Sims 3 Ambitions

The Sims 3 Fast Lane Stuff

The Sims 3 Late Night

The Sims 3 Outdoor Living Stuff

The Sims 3 Generations

The Sims 3 Town Life Stuff

The Sims 3 Pets

Now if you can understand what's what in those files then you're a lot better than me
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#53 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 1:42 AM
Okay, forget Pets, Town Life and Generations as they haven't had patches released for them. And obviously the basegame is fully patched. But look at the others and you'll see that only Ambitions is patched:
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...elp:Patch_Table
What you're looking at on that table is patch level 11; most of your EPs/ SPs aren't patched at all. For the game and most game mods, this seems to not matter, as the game runs from the TS3W executable now so patching the EPs/SPs is not necessary for proper game function. However, I've seen several cases where people have had strange glitches or crashing with CAW/ EIG which has been resolved by fully patching all EPs and SPs. So it's worth a go! backup all of your CAW and Sims 3 user data and fully patch each expansion. The archived patches can be accessed here:
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...wnload/Archived
Most of them had a combo patch so you only need to download the one file.

Further help:
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...efore_You_Begin

Then give CAW a go to see if the spawners show. It won't break anything (provided you backup) so it's worth a try.
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 12:41 PM Last edited by Jay290783 : 6th Nov 2011 at 1:59 PM.
Okay, forget Pets, Town Life and Generations as they haven't had patches released for them. And obviously the basegame is fully patched. But look at the others and you'll see that only Ambitions is patched:
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...elp:Patch_Table
What you're looking at on that table is patch level 11; most of your EPs/ SPs aren't patched at all.

But my game says it's up to date? It was meant to autopatch before every new EP/SP install.
The launcher says my game is up to date.
Very confusing

Edit 1: OK. I have uninstalled ALL EPs and SPs and have now started reinstalling them.
World Adventures is reinstalled and fully patched to correct number.
Am installing first SP now. Will fully patch and then install Ambitions and carry on until everything is fully patched and installed.

You reckon doing that will make the spawners show up correctly? Well we shall see *fingers crossed*
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#55 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 2:10 PM
Nono, you don't need to uninstall, just patch. The Launcher says it's up to date because it only checks the basegame and latest EP/SP. But the SKU versions you posted say otherwise.

If you read the links I gave you, you will see that we describe in detail how to manually patch, including links to download the patches from EA and tips on backing up your files.
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 2:34 PM
Nono, you don't need to uninstall, just patch. The Launcher says it's up to date because it only checks the basegame and latest EP/SP. But the SKU versions you posted say otherwise.

If you read the links I gave you, you will see that we describe in detail how to manually patch, including links to download the patches from EA and tips on backing up your files.

Too late now.
I'm not that overly bothered. I prefer to auto-patch anyway so doing it this way takes longer granted but it updates them fully.
Just have to wait a bit longer doing it this way

5 down, 4 to go
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#57 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 2:49 PM
Don't panic, you'll get the same result!

Just be sure to check your SKU versions once finished, just to make sure it really did update fully.

I hope it works after all this!
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 3:07 PM
Don't panic, you'll get the same result!

Just be sure to check your SKU versions once finished, just to make sure it really did update fully.

I hope it works after all this!

Knowing my luck it'll update fully. Everything will be as it should be and the pet spawners STILL won't work
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 3:46 PM
Knowing my luck it'll update fully. Everything will be as it should be and the pet spawners STILL won't work

This is what each skuversion.txt file now says:

The Sims 3 Base Game

The Sims 3 World Adventures

The Sims 3 High-End Loft Stuff

The Sims 3 Ambitions

The Sims 3 Fast Lane Stuff

The Sims 3 Late Night

The Sims 3 Outdoor Living Stuff

The Sims 3 Generations

The Sims 3 Town Life Stuff

The Sims 3 Pets

Just checked and still no pet spawners.
Got all the other normal EA enabled items though like the Unicorn Crossing sign.
What to do now?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#60 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 4:08 PM
Oh drat, that's annoying. All of your games are definitely up to date, it might be worth redownloading and reinstalling CAW again but apart from that I'm stumped.
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 4:10 PM
Oh drat, that's annoying. All of your games are definitely up to date, it might be worth redownloading and reinstalling CAW again but apart from that I'm stumped.

Already ahead of you.
I uninstalled CAW, downloaded it again, and reinstalled CAW.
Still no luck.
I did keep my saves/settings whatever it asks you to keep or delete because I didn't want to lose my world after all work I've done on it.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who's stumped
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#62 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 4:12 PM
Ah, it might be worth testing with a clean set of CAW user data then, just to test. Also, are any other custom objects showing? Just so that we know your Packages folder is working since you reinstalled.
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 4:16 PM Last edited by Jay290783 : 6th Nov 2011 at 4:33 PM.
Ah, it might be worth testing with a clean set of CAW user data then, just to test. Also, are any other custom objects showing? Just so that we know your Packages folder is working since you reinstalled.

OK. The DT for HS in CAW is named what again?
If it's Terrain - Distant then my packages folder is working correctly.

Edit 1: Right I've copied my UserToolData/Worlds folder to my desktop, uninstalled CAW (including saves and settings), deleted my CAW folder from my documents EA folder, and am about to reinstall CAW and see what happens.

*fingers crossed*
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#64 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 5:02 PM
OK. The DT for HS in CAW is named what again?
If it's Terrain - Distant then my packages folder is working correctly.

No idea, I don't have HS. But Sunset Valley DT is called Terrain - Distant.

Try testing with the haystack from this thread, since I wrote what it is called in metadata.
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=427515
It's a pets object also.

Try the Twinbrook Ruins Station too, as that's from a different EP.
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 5:45 PM
No idea, I don't have HS. But Sunset Valley DT is called Terrain - Distant.

Try testing with the haystack from this thread, since I wrote what it is called in metadata.
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=427515
It's a pets object also.

Try the Twinbrook Ruins Station too, as that's from a different EP.

I think something has gone wrong with my Packages folder because niether DT for either HS or Riverview is showing up.
Any ideas how to sort out my packages folder so it works?

I bet that's the problem. Does the version of CAW for Pets detect the Packages folder somewhere else instead of the main installed CAW directory?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#66 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 5:53 PM
So when you said:
The Food Truck does not show up in CAW.
I meant that it showed up in game and in EIG.
The DTs show up in CAW properly and they're in the correct folder to do that just like the pet spawners are in the correct folder alongside the DT packages but the pet spawners do NOT show up in CAW for some bizarre reason

You did not mean that custom DTs were showing up? My apologies, I thought that this post indicated that your framework was working correctly.

Note that the HS DT and Riverview DT require for the corresponding worlds to be installed to be visible in CAW.

This should help:
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...p:CAW_Framework
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 6:33 PM
So when you said:

You did not mean that custom DTs were showing up? My apologies, I thought that this post indicated that your framework was working correctly.

Note that the HS DT and Riverview DT require for the corresponding worlds to be installed to be visible in CAW.

This should help:

No I DID mean they were showing up originally. But since Pets I've just realised that even they're not showing up either.
I do have both worlds installed as well so as far as CAW should be concerned, the DTs do exist.

So that now leads me to thinking that the newest version of CAW (which you have to install when you've installed Pets) somehow breaks the Package folder or ignores it or something because they won't show up now.

Anyone else having this problem?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#68 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 10:21 PM
Not me- everything works fine for me including the spawners, and I have all the same gameversions as you with the latest CAW.

Although, I just noticed that you have the digital version of the basegame, so maybe that's significant?
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 10:26 PM
Not me- everything works fine for me including the spawners, and I have all the same gameversions as you with the latest CAW.

Although, I just noticed that you have the digital version of the basegame, so maybe that's significant?

Perhaps. I was wondering that myself.
It's just that I didn't want to uninstall the base game if it meant having to uninstall the EPs and SPS as well.
I do have them all on disk and the EPs and SPs I've installed from disk instead of the downloaded versions I had.
Will I be able to uninstall just the Base game and then reinstall it using the disk without having to uninstall the EPs and SPs? And will they work still when I've reinstalled the Base game?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#70 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 10:36 PM
No, you'd have to reinstall the whole lot if you remove the basegame. But you had the CC working with that version before (just not the spawners)?
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 12:46 AM
No, you'd have to reinstall the whole lot if you remove the basegame. But you had the CC working with that version before (just not the spawners)?

Figures
Well everything worked fine before I installed Pets and new version of CAW.
So if those EPs and SPs you mentioned obviously weren't patched, it didn't affect the DTs from HS and Riverview appearing in CAW.
The spawners were showing in CAW as well (as I've already said) it's just that they were just hex names because I obviously didn't have Pets yet.
Once I installed Pets I tried using CAW but got that error message about it not being compatible or whatever and to download the new version.
After downloading (and installing) the new CAW, everything went downhill from there.

So that's the life story of the impossibleness of getting the Spawners to show up correctly (and now the 2 DTs as well).

So what now?

Oh and on a sidenote, what is the name of the DT for Appaloosa Plains? See if that's showing up or not. I presume it should be as it's enabled by default by EA (supposedly) but knowing my luck it probably won't be there
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#72 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 5:33 PM
So is other CC showing up in CAW for you now? If not, post a copy of your resource.cfg, as it's most likely that.

The Appaloosa Plains DT is just called 'Distant Terrain':
http://pasimficandbeyond.wikia.com/...Distant_Terrain
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 8:08 PM Last edited by simsample : 9th Nov 2011 at 9:36 AM.
So is other CC showing up in CAW for you now? If not, post a copy of your resource.cfg, as it's most likely that.

The Appaloosa Plains DT is just called 'Distant Terrain':
http://pasimficandbeyond.wikia.com/...Distant_Terrain

Ah right. I think that is in my CAW objects list. Will have to double check though.
Will post a copy of my resource.cfg file.
Which one do I need? The 1 in the CAW installation directory? Or 1 of the game installation folders?
Just want to be sure I post the correct version for you to have a nosey at

Recently I've been thinking. The reason why nothing is showing up in CAW I think probably IS because of my Resource.cfg file in my cAW directory.
I vaguely remember having to edit it to make it realise the Packages folder actually exists. When I reinstalled the new version of CAW, after installing Pets, the file would have been overwrote. Correct?
Anyway, this is what's in the file. I forget what I need to add to it to make CAW realise the package folder exists.

Thanks in advance,
Jay
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#74 Old 9th Nov 2011 at 9:38 AM
Jay, I linked this twice already:

Read that, and do as it says- your resource.cfg is wrong.
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 9th Nov 2011 at 10:15 PM Last edited by Jay290783 : 9th Nov 2011 at 11:12 PM.
Jay, I linked this twice already:

Read that, and do as it says- your resource.cfg is wrong.

Sorry. I could've sworn I'd opened that and it wasn't what I was looking for. I guess I can't have looked at that. Sorry

Edit 1: It's working now.
Thanks again. Sorry for all the confusion and messing around when it was something so simple. I feel a right fool now
Page 3 of 4