Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
#51 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 1:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gelis
Funny that their hunger bar goes green when they drink... ea..

It is easy make a fortune with magic gnomes. Also, dogs can find pretty easily valuable gems, like rainbow gem or tiberium. So maybe it is easier to find pink diamond this way?

Both dogs in two different families found rare gems while their hunting skill was only at 4 or 5. Vampire's eye, pink diamond and soulpeace.
Advertisement
Scholar
#52 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 2:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Purity4
I was playing the Marshall family and noticed their deceased horse's ghost showed up at the bewitching hour, then never went away. The horse urn looks a lot like a music box and is located in the spare upstairs room amongst the wanna-have-a-baby-crap. What would you do to make the ghost go away during daylight hours if it's a glitch? Nothing to do about it, right?

Try to see if resetsim thehorsesname works on it. If it does but it happens again maybe take the urn to the graveyard so you don't have to deal with it?
Field Researcher
#53 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 3:01 AM
oh, so sim pets can be ghosts? yay!
Test Subject
#54 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 5:32 AM
I found out that you can make a puppy sleep with their Mom or Dad in the same pet bed. It's really cute! :lovestruc
Screenshots
Alchemist
#55 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 9:23 AM
horse gnome!

(i knew there was a dog gnome, but not for horses.)

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Test Subject
#56 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 10:27 AM
I found out that even in the smallest pet bed, puppies look soooo tiny and cute! Also, puppies have the cutest little bounce to their step! No tips really. Just discoveries

../The Most Beautiful Flowers in all the World, A Baby's Hands\..
Mad Poster
#57 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 1:37 PM
If you want your pet to have gourmet food, don't fill up the food dish because your sim will make like 5 bowls at a time and it goes in their inventory until you put it in the pet dish. It might be an obvious one but before I figured that out I thought the bowls in the inventory could be taken out and fed to the pet lol
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 2:48 PM
I absolutely love that you don't need to place spawners in a world for wild-collectable pets to appear. A world I made ages ago which is just a small island with one residential lot, nothing else, has wild animals on it like parrots and lizards. (And paprazzi and tourists if you count them as wild animals.) As well as wild horses which just look fantastic running around the island.

not indorsed by Hypno toad... all hail Hypno toad @_@
Inventor
#59 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 3:42 PM
You also don't need to put down any spawner in order for your cat to catch prey on its home lot. I haven't put any spawner on my sim's lot and the cat went out autonomously to stalk prey and caught a pygmy komodo dragon, a snake and a squirrel.

Also, having the cat present its catch-of-the-day to its human is ridiculously adorable. :lovestruc

kittens!
Field Researcher
#60 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 7:48 PM
Unicorn-generated fertilizer is potent but risky. When I used it to fertilize my "excellent" tomato it turned into a "normal" lifefruit plant. Not what I wanted at that point in my game.
Scholar
#61 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 8:18 PM
Not really a tips, just a new things I discover.
I just know that a pet can get more than usual 5 traits if trained. Now, my dog is already have 8 traits, 5 of them because of trained.

Hey there! :)
Scholar
#62 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 8:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AnnaIME
Unicorn-generated fertilizer is potent but risky. When I used it to fertilize my "excellent" tomato it turned into a "normal" lifefruit plant. Not what I wanted at that point in my game.

Wait, it turned it into a lifefruit plant? That's...I can see that being ridiculously overpowered.
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 7:19 PM
Dogs set to guard houses don't seem to like the ice cream vans just parking outfront. My dog hasn't stopped barking and growling at it.

however hey appear to be entirely useless in the event of a burglar. He just walked right by the dog, who was still set to guard, who was still barking at the ice cream truck...

Field Researcher
#64 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 8:52 PM
You can bring back dead pets to life the same way you can bring back dead Sim. Just set the plate of ambrosia on the ground and direct the ghost-pet to eat it. Did that with my favorite horse, then got him a Young Again potion too, since he's the only horse I've ever had that got full racing skill and nearly full jumping skill. (And that was despite the fact that I made him in CAP as an elder!)
Field Researcher
#65 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 8:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kinseth
You can bring back dead pets to life the same way you can bring back dead Sim. Just set the plate of ambrosia on the ground and direct the ghost-pet to eat it. Did that with my favorite horse, then got him a Young Again potion too, since he's the only horse I've ever had that got full racing skill and nearly full jumping skill. (And that was despite the fact that I made him in CAP as an elder!)

Marvelous tip! Thank you Time to rescue Glint 2.0!! lol
Theorist
#66 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 9:12 PM
You have to put a barn door on the house to let the horse inside. Who wouldn't want a horse in their house?

Resident wet blanket.
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 11:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elven_Ranger
Marvelous tip! Thank you Time to rescue Glint 2.0!! lol

Does anyone else wonder what happened to Glint 1.0
He doesn't even have a ghost.

Alchemist
#68 Old 28th Oct 2011 at 5:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by insane_in_charlie_shirt
Dogs set to guard houses don't seem to like the ice cream vans just parking outfront. My dog hasn't stopped barking and growling at it.

however hey appear to be entirely useless in the event of a burglar. He just walked right by the dog, who was still set to guard, who was still barking at the ice cream truck...

ive had 1 guard instance, the first one, where a burglar tried to pass my guard dog, and was caught. second time, though, the burglar went around the house and the dog completely missed them derp.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Test Subject
#69 Old 28th Oct 2011 at 9:02 AM
my dog saved my sim's life!!!

my sim went through a flaming hoop with horse and it burned her... she took too long getting off the horse and on her way to the shower she died... the grim reaper came to get her and she turned into a ghost... a min later she was walking around the house again!!! and a message said the dog saved her!!
Top Secret Researcher
#70 Old 28th Oct 2011 at 9:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by insane_in_charlie_shirt
Does anyone else wonder what happened to Glint 1.0
He doesn't even have a ghost.

Could he be in the cemetery?

I'm more interesting in finding out what happened to him then I ever was with Bella!
Test Subject
#71 Old 28th Oct 2011 at 12:26 PM
i found you have to have no door on the barn for the horses to enter, i could not for the life of me get the horses to go through ANY barn door at all =( and my maid is stuck standing like a gorm outside my house never to leave and i cant get her to go away =( damn it. hey guys are your pets "fluffy" in the game? mine arent they are just fat looking :S am quite dissapointed
Field Researcher
#72 Old 28th Oct 2011 at 2:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by uccello_leanne
i found you have to have no door on the barn for the horses to enter, i could not for the life of me get the horses to go through ANY barn door at all =( and my maid is stuck standing like a gorm outside my house never to leave and i cant get her to go away =( damn it. hey guys are your pets "fluffy" in the game? mine arent they are just fat looking :S am quite dissapointed

Horses will only enter a barn door, there is 2 I think barn doors in build mode.

As for the maid, last night I had my sim hire one, she came the first day did her job and left. The second day she came made the bed, then went outside and stood there, I noticed that I had a male maid on the lot too, he was also just standing there. So somehow I had 2 maids and neither one did anything!
Scholar
#73 Old 28th Oct 2011 at 5:31 PM
Bit of advice, maids muck out boxstalls. So if you're trying to save the fertilizer, make sure you get to the stalls before your maid shows up for work.
Instructor
#74 Old 28th Oct 2011 at 7:16 PM
I had a burglar and the 2 horses, 2 dogs and 2 cats just followed him around. Well the horses just stood outside the house by the steps. They all had the thought bubble of the burglar, but no one stopped them. I had my sim call the cops, but they didn't catch him.
Test Subject
#75 Old 28th Oct 2011 at 8:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by psivampyr
I had a burglar and the 2 horses, 2 dogs and 2 cats just followed him around. Well the horses just stood outside the house by the steps. They all had the thought bubble of the burglar, but no one stopped them. I had my sim call the cops, but they didn't catch him.

Just a thought, but would it do any good to give them the brave trait?
Page 3 of 5