Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#26 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 2:23 PM
Is there a benefit to having a unicorn in your household or is it just for the novelty of it? I haven't bothered looking for one in my game yet, but if there's a good reason to I will.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 2:55 PM
You can put the unicorn bless your sims which gives very nice mood boost. They can also bless plants but I haven't tested it.

I usually bless my horse before competitions just because the mood boost.

Unicorns have their racing and jumping skill full so pretty easy to win competitions. Also, unicorns can cure sims from fleas and perhaps from other things?
Instructor
#28 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 6:54 PM
I just use Treeag's Sim Transformer. There is an option to spawn unicorns now. :: Treeag!

My true to life tumblr: http://smargent.tumblr.com/
Eminence Grise
#29 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 9:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bookish310
Is there a benefit to having a unicorn in your household or is it just for the novelty of it? I haven't bothered looking for one in my game yet, but if there's a good reason to I will.

Also, apparently unicorns live much longer than horses, which means more time with maxed skills = more simoleons
Field Researcher
#30 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 9:26 PM
It is painful waiting them to die of old age.

Have anyone tried to kill unicorn by fire? I tried, but no luck. Is there any other ways to kill them?

And how do you get male unicorns? I have more mare unicorns as pets than any other animals in my world! And still the wild one is mare.. I have two regular and one half unicorn females and 2 regular and one breeded male unicorn. So it can't be that the game is balancing the sexes?

ETA: I sound extra brutal
Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 2:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bookish310

My unicorn had an option to "ignite" something but I didn't try it.
Instructor
#32 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 3:06 AM
Although, you need to find and adopt the unicorn without cheats to fulfill the LTW.

Top Secret Researcher
#33 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 3:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by van Dorn
Although, you need to find and adopt the unicorn without cheats to fulfill the LTW.

It still works if you cheat by dragging up the relationship bar.
Alchemist
#34 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 8:02 AM
I have a unicorn, I have a unicorn, I have a unicorn! Aaand I have problems. But, right now, I'm obsessed with my little horned happiness.

Evil doesn't worry about not being good. - The Warden, Dragon Age Origins
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 9:25 AM
"You can find unicorns wandering around like wild horses. They're easier to find at night because of a super pretty rainbowy aurora cloud type thingie they generate. You may have to wait a while for one to be generated. "

I have never seen that Aorora Borealis, nor yet a unicorn, and I 've been playing in Appaloosa non-stop since Friday 4 o' clock. Any suggestions?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#36 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 9:30 AM
Just keep waiting, and keep looking at night around where wild horses tend to congregate. One will show up eventually.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#37 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 11:37 AM
The sims is a game of patience sometimes. I don't use any mods with my game apart from a mood boost one. Dolphin's orchids, so I have to be patient a lot! Quite looking forward to finding a unicorn though

../The Most Beautiful Flowers in all the World, A Baby's Hands\..
Test Subject
#38 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 4:33 AM
How long does it take for a unicorn to show up in sunset valley?
Top Secret Researcher
#39 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 5:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Silver Babywolf
How long does it take for a unicorn to show up in sunset valley?

How long is a piece of string?
Mad Poster
#40 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 5:20 AM
I didn't manage to see any unicorns at all until I installed Twallans Story Progression. It makes me suspect something was broken.
Scholar
#41 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 6:17 AM
I hope this helps everyone. Once the unicorn spawned in my new savegame I caught a couple screengrabs of the rainbow effect so you know what to look for.

Instructor
#42 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 6:57 AM
This is super helpful, thanks Zokugai.

Test Subject
#43 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 3:33 PM
Well, I haven't found a unicorn yet, nor a deer, nor a raccoon. I have only found a Python (snake) which I collected, but set free immediately (idk why). The reason I haven't found a unicorn yet is probably that my sim doesn't go out at night. Or because I have only been playing with Pets for 2 days now....Anyway, I will keep looking.
Scholar
#44 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 5:42 PM
Also I don't know if it's connected, but from what I'm seeing and from what other people are saying the unicorn tends to spawn where the wild horses hang out. You'll notice they seem to have a "home lot" they run back to, and from what I see the unicorn only shows up there. I've never seen it decide to go for a run around the neighborhood or whatever. I've seen it at the adventure beach thing, the water treatment place, and the waterfall pond, so I'd say at night just switch into mapview and keep an eye on those lots while your sim sleeps.
Test Subject
#45 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 9:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zokugai
Also I don't know if it's connected, but from what I'm seeing and from what other people are saying the unicorn tends to spawn where the wild horses hang out. You'll notice they seem to have a "home lot" they run back to, and from what I see the unicorn only shows up there. I've never seen it decide to go for a run around the neighborhood or whatever. I've seen it at the adventure beach thing, the water treatment place, and the waterfall pond, so I'd say at night just switch into mapview and keep an eye on those lots while your sim sleeps.

Thanks for the tip! :D
Mad Poster
#46 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 10:13 PM
So...the unicorn in Appaloosa is a black animal, a little gem-like, but without rainbows, named "Diamond Horse". The only reason that I know he/she is a unicorn is because when I finally clicked on him/her is that it read "watch unicorn". I thought the unicorns were supposed to be white with rainbows coming off of them? Is this an ok unicorn?

He/she certainly is a lot friendlier than the wild horses. It took forever to adopt one of the more nervous wild horses.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Scholar
#47 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 10:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
So...the unicorn in Appaloosa is a black animal, a little gem-like, but without rainbows, named "Diamond Horse". The only reason that I know he/she is a unicorn is because when I finally clicked on him/her is that it read "watch unicorn". I thought the unicorns were supposed to be white with rainbows coming off of them? Is this an ok unicorn?

He/she certainly is a lot friendlier than the wild horses. It took forever to adopt one of the more nervous wild horses.

Yeah Unicorns come in black too. If you adopt it and wait for the next to respawn you'll see a white one sooner or later. Those are the only colors I've heard of them in, though...other than the bred ones of course.
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 11:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zokugai
Yeah Unicorns come in black too. If you adopt it and wait for the next to respawn you'll see a white one sooner or later. Those are the only colors I've heard of them in, though...other than the bred ones of course.

They come in gray, too. I think gray is rare, but the first Unicorn I found was gray. It sounds boring, but I think it's actually sort of beautiful: .
Scholar
#49 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 11:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tairourou
They come in gray, too. I think gray is rare, but the first Unicorn I found was gray. It sounds boring, but I think it's actually sort of beautiful: .

I'd be curious if someone can post a screen grab of the white one for comparison...because what I've been referring to as white is pretty close to that but not exact. More of a cream actually. So maybe there are more than two or three possibilities after all.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#50 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 11:52 PM
I have a shot of a white one, I think, but it's at night. Haven't adopted it yet.

And I agree about it being much more friendly than the wild ones. We were friends the second time we interacted while the wild horse, even after we were friends wouldn't let me near her. I finally cheated and added her to my family because she was so pretty.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Page 2 of 3