Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#26 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 4:42 PM
I'm curious, can you buy items still in the store, or is it purely decorative (besides the stealing?)
*wants to play Pets so badly*
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 5:50 PM
you can only buy objects at the pet store...
Instructor
#28 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 6:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jenieusa
Yes..you use the cheat on animals...just like sims....i just redid 2 stray horses last night...
shift click on any dog/cat/horse...and well stupid EA...it does say "edit sim in create a sim" but i guess you can't expect everything from EA...lol

I adopted a puppy through the paper and when he grew he was a small dog. Well, I wanted my sims boys to have a German Shepherd so I changed him through CAP this way.

Sadly, it worked out oddly. Because he was a little dog, when I turned him into a large dog there were some issues happening. He looked fine when he walked but whenever he went to do or think of something else he would morph back into a small dog with the Shepherd's coloring.

The morphing was odd because not only would his size and color change but he would look completely disfigured for a moment before returning to normal, not stretched or anything, it just looked like there were two dogs morphing into one bizarre animal.

I haven't had this issue with cats, horses or large dogs, but for some reason changing small to big gave me plenty of hang ups.
Scholar
#29 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 7:37 PM
lol...i bet that did look odd....i guess you could always look for one of the larger dogs to adopt...
just have to remember that in the future....
Scholar
#30 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 7:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ladyhawke976
I adopted a puppy through the paper and when he grew he was a small dog. Well, I wanted my sims boys to have a German Shepherd so I changed him through CAP this way.

Sadly, it worked out oddly. Because he was a little dog, when I turned him into a large dog there were some issues happening. He looked fine when he walked but whenever he went to do or think of something else he would morph back into a small dog with the Shepherd's coloring.

The morphing was odd because not only would his size and color change but he would look completely disfigured for a moment before returning to normal, not stretched or anything, it just looked like there were two dogs morphing into one bizarre animal.

I haven't had this issue with cats, horses or large dogs, but for some reason changing small to big gave me plenty of hang ups.

Yeah, the game would still think he's a small breed dog, so all the animations would be small breed animations.
Test Subject
#31 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 7:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KeiraLou
You're kidding me? What the hell is the point in that?!

I'm seriously annoyed with this. I know you can make pets in CAS but that comes with adding them to a household with loads of money which I don't want to do, I want my Sims to work for their money not add 15,000 every time I want a new pet in there .

It's all very well adopting too but I really wanna create my own again. Hrmph.

Exactly! I know we can use testingcheatsenabled to enter CAP but I wanted to be able to BUY my own pet, I really don't see the point in a useless pet shop; it's stupid & pointless!!!
Eminence Grise
#32 Old 28th Oct 2011 at 2:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jeyca80
Exactly! I know we can use testingcheatsenabled to enter CAP but I wanted to be able to BUY my own pet, I really don't see the point in a useless pet shop; it's stupid & pointless!!!

The pet shop isn't even part of the EP... was bonus content for preorders. So yah, I'm not arguing it's not pointless, but it's not really a game feature either

I like some of the extra pet items that came with the store, like the palm tree scratching post and the super-fancy bed. Luckily they're all in BuyDebug, so I just put em in a collection so I can access them more easily and buy em from the catalog when I want them
Forum Resident
#33 Old 28th Oct 2011 at 11:01 AM
To me the Pet Store is useless. You can still buy all the objects from Buy Debug > Misc anyway. And no-one has appeared as the cashier even after playing several sim-days. What a waste of time All it did was made me miss S2 stores where you can actually buy everything you need, including pets.

MaraLetsPlay on Youtube - Sims Let's Plays and Livestreams
Mara @ LJ - Downloads and stories
TS2 Patch and Pre-made Sim Archive | TS2 Townie/NPC Archive | TS3 Pre-made Sim Archive
Scholar
#34 Old 28th Oct 2011 at 1:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Maranatah
To me the Pet Store is useless. You can still buy all the objects from Buy Debug > Misc anyway. And no-one has appeared as the cashier even after playing several sim-days. What a waste of time All it did was made me miss S2 stores where you can actually buy everything you need, including pets.

Did you try replacing the cash register?
Forum Resident
#35 Old 30th Oct 2011 at 10:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jenieusa
Did you try replacing the cash register?

I did, several times. I even downloaded a fix for the register from MATY and it still doesn't work. But I'm very happy to use Buy Debug so it doesn't matter anymore.

MaraLetsPlay on Youtube - Sims Let's Plays and Livestreams
Mara @ LJ - Downloads and stories
TS2 Patch and Pre-made Sim Archive | TS2 Townie/NPC Archive | TS3 Pre-made Sim Archive
Test Subject
#36 Old 31st Oct 2011 at 12:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Maranatah
I did, several times. I even downloaded a fix for the register from MATY and it still doesn't work. But I'm very happy to use Buy Debug so it doesn't matter anymore.

can you use buydebug and get the stuff without the limited edition game? im very annoyed at EA for doing this as i could not afford to preorder the game.
Page 2 of 2