Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 9:18 PM Last edited by Sprue : 25th Oct 2011 at 9:58 PM.
Default Similar to pets , do you think will ever be sims 3 farm life ?
We now finnaly can have a taste of country life in Sims 3, ranches, horses, dogs and vegetables . But will there ever be cows, pigs, chickens in sims 3 ? With Sims 3 Pets we know that's possible.

what do you think ?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 9:24 PM
Sometime some intrepid modder is going to turn a parrot into a chicken, a dog into a pig, and a horse into a cow.
Just you wait!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 9:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lenglel
Sometime some intrepid modder is going to turn a parrot into a chicken, a dog into a pig, and a horse into a cow.
Just you wait!

Ooh, instead of finding rocks, could the pigs hunt for truffles? :p
Mad Poster
#4 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 10:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lenglel
Just you wait!

Gotta love those intrepid modders

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Test Subject
#5 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 10:17 PM
EA really should hire the modders on here :P
Scholar
#6 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 10:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shhh
At leats they have improved (or seemed to, I don't have it) with Pets. Just after they got rid of Will Wright. Mmmmm

Supposedly Pets was contracted out to a separate company. But I'm sure that has NOTHING to do with the quality...
Field Researcher
#7 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 11:59 PM
What do you mean it was contracted out? Maybe this company is...better...

My Simblr: Here
Scholar
#8 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 12:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shhh
What do you mean it was contracted out? Maybe this company is...better...

I don't know, but someone was saying there was an interview with someone at EA where they said that the majority of this expansion was done by a smaller company under EA's name.
Inventor
#9 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 1:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zokugai
I don't know, but someone was saying there was an interview with someone at EA where they said that the majority of this expansion was done by a smaller company under EA's name.

Someone was saying there was an interview...

Yeah that ranks right up there with: A friend at school said.

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Scholar
#10 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 7:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Axe Gaijin
Someone was saying there was an interview...

Yeah that ranks right up there with: A friend at school said.

I really don't care whether you believe it. It was said in this forum, I just can't recall who the employee was to search for it elsewhere.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#11 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 11:51 PM
As soon as the tool makers update their tools to extract the new .sim meshes, there will be modifications.

It's easy enough to change a parrot to a chicken.... parrots already are found on the ground walking around. The difference will be the animations... those are harder to do... can you imagine a graceful cow galloping along like a horse does? ahahahahahahahahaha.

p.s. EA is a mega-corporation umbrella with lots of smaller subsidiaries. It's all owned by EA - it's just legalities for tax purposes. That way, if one line flops, they can kill it, tax break it away and reconstruct a new subsidiary. It's all for write-off. AND, if they are going out of house, you can bet the mother-ship (EA) plans on a hostile takeover.... making them an offer they can't refuse.
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 12:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by porkypine
As soon as the tool makers update their tools to extract the new .sim meshes, there will be modifications.

It's easy enough to change a parrot to a chicken.... parrots already are found on the ground walking around. The difference will be the animations... those are harder to do... can you imagine a graceful cow galloping along like a horse does? ahahahahahahahahaha.

I wouldnt make it pass EA. Their deer already jumps like a Kangaroo.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 12:11 AM
I love the dear. Whenever I see one I burst out laughing.

My Simblr: Here
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 12:21 AM
I feel like there could be a sp
Instructor
#15 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 12:33 AM
I personally think that Will Wright has the power to sue EA for screwing him over, in which he sould.
Alchemist
#16 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 6:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by emino

i thought there was something wrong with my camera angle when i first saw a deer... how high it jumps versus how far it actually goes is completely wrong. itd be the equivalent of a person jumping 3 feet but only moving about as far as they would if they were in a potato sack race.
the up side: its hilarious. especially when you consider that deer in ts3 also cant jump fences. (anyone who has lived in the countryside for any amount of time knows that next to breathing, jumping fences that arent ridiculously high--and barely any of ts3's fences are that high--comes naturally to deer. its why anyone with a vegetable garden who wants to keep it, has a backyard that looks like it could also be used to hold dangerous criminals.)

OT: id say "i hope so"... but even though i like this version of pets better than ts2's, theres enough wrong with it that i hesitate. a farm might be cool to play with, but not if its completely borked.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Is Claeric
#17 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 6:49 AM
the deer jump is supposed to be cute like bambi It is funny.
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#18 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 5:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Scarity
the deer jump is supposed to be cute like bambi It is funny.

First time I saw a deer hopping around my reaction was "OMYGOD WTF IS THIS?!" seriously, they jump SO DAMN HIGH. O________o It's... scary...
Test Subject
#19 Old 28th Oct 2011 at 5:37 AM
I live in upstate NY, I hunt deer, (and small game,turkeys,not up to bear yet!)

The Only time I see a deer jump anywhere near what they do is, well never. They will bound along when they are scared yes. Every time I see one I do a mental facepalm.
Now granted I understand that they may be going for a "universal type deer", but most people talk about and know the White tailed deer.

I believe the jumping deer in this game are closer in relation to the ones in Africa I think. Essentially they use their jumping skills to tell predators "Neener Neener, look how agile I. Good luck catching me!"

"Stand up for what you believe, Even if it means standing alone."
Formerly Toddler430
Scholar
#20 Old 28th Oct 2011 at 8:14 AM
I would love to see a Farm EP, but I'm not interested in a bunch of dogs and cats meshed to look like <insert animal here>. I want a real working farm. I want to milk my cow to get milk that I can churn into butter, or put in some super-dooper-pet-washing-time-machine-thingy to make cheese to sell at the farmers market. I want sheep to sheer so I can spin thread and then make clothes and a metric assload of ugly potholders. I want a hen house that I have to collect eggs from, and that my dog can guard from the big bad wolf. I want to keep bees for honey, turn my fruit into jam, watch my tractor become possessed and mow down half my farm, etc.

And the chances of me getting this are....well, I could get hit by lightening and win the lottery in the same week. Stranger things have happened, right? :D
Field Researcher
#21 Old 28th Oct 2011 at 1:59 PM
No, I don't think there will be a farmlife EP, though EA could've included some farm animals into Pets EP. I don't even think I'd be interested in playing with all those pigs, cows, sheep, etc. Not my cup of tea. If they included such animals with Pets, I'd have 2 or 3 farms with them, but as we don't have them, my farming household just have large vegetable gardens, horses, dogs, cats, and will probably have smaller animals, too, if they generate in my 'hood, and that's it. An SP with farm animals& - no, i don't think so, but who knows, maybe they'll introduce some new kinds of fauna for us to buy at Store, as they did with fountain of Youth and other objects with specific functions.
Instructor
#22 Old 28th Oct 2011 at 3:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by emino

lol Well maybe they got by mistake the running animation from this cute animals:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ba3...&feature=fvwrel

Test Subject
#23 Old 30th Oct 2011 at 2:47 AM
My husband and I had a great long chortle watching the deer... my poor sim family got horribly neglected while we followed the deer about the neighborhood just to watch it some more.... Its always black tho, and I read somewhere on here that it is a glitch so be keen to see it when they release a fix... but then I'm not sure I want all the other broken stuff that would come with it... as long as they dont break my marriages again!
Test Subject
#24 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 9:16 PM Last edited by rwood293 : 6th Nov 2011 at 9:19 PM. Reason: forgot some stuff to say
They should have made horse trailers in pets. I'm always late to the races, and because the horse takes to long to get there. My guy on the other hand can get there in a blink of an eye.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 2:06 PM
Maybe it's just me, but when I think of a 'farm life' I think of crops and livestock. Don't get me wrong, some modders can do amazing things when it comes to meshing, but it would be awesome to have an EP where my Sims can ditch their 9-5 jobs and live on a working farm. I think the possibilities for a Farm Life expansion are endless. EA could incorporate weather fluctuations like in Seasons. After all, isn't farm life dictated by the weather? Droughts, monsoons, cyclones... and all the other things that affect livestock like disease and foxes.You could have cattle, pigs, layer chickens, poultry, and all different types of crops that your Sims can sell at market for a good profit. I want my Sims to be true blue rednecks! They could hoon around on tractors, go to rodeos, raise 15 children, marry their cousins, and all that fun stuff (Okay, maybe not the last few...)! But then you also need to consider the younger audiences. They probably couldn't handle sending their cute little calves off to slaughter (I don't think I could either!). Still, I think a Farm Life EP needs to be all or nothing. I don't want no deco chickens. I want the real thing.
Page 1 of 2