Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 11:31 AM
Default What do you mean there is no.......
What is missing from Pets in your oppinion?

Well not to much struck me tbh, but one thing that did was there is no display shelf for the trophies you can win with your pet. Sure there is the WA stands but they are so big n clumsy, just dont look right on a lot of home lots.

Also, cowboy boots and the new cute slippers,kids have 'em, adults have 'em.... what about the poor teens?

Oh, and that lovley photo of sim on horse from the racing score board....WHY no way to get that for the sim to display at home?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 1:20 PM
Some other Pets, so I can make a farm. Like chicken, pig, cow, and stuff.

Hey there! :)
Mad Poster
#3 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 1:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elven_Ranger
What is missing from Pets in your oppinion?

Well not to much struck me tbh, but one thing that did was there is no display shelf for the trophies you can win with your pet. Sure there is the WA stands but they are so big n clumsy, just dont look right on a lot of home lots.

There are a couple of shelves that can be shifted up and down the wall. I think they came with Generations.

ontopic: I would have liked some farm animals like chickens, cows, and ducks for the ponds. But I guess they are not usually known as pets.
Instructor
#4 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 2:00 PM
Patience, my students. I am sure there will be farm animals and the option to hunt deer for meat in time. Not by EA, of course, but nevertheless....
Mad Poster
#5 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 2:20 PM
Is it wrong that I really do want to hunt down some deer? I thought it was just me. I've been suppressing the urges...

It has come to my attention that truffles are missing. Also, there are dogs in our world who are trained to search for truffles besides pigs. I have been told that a well-trained dog is less likely to eat truffles.

Anyway, I think cats have a better end of the deal when it comes to hunting in the game. After completely training both a dog and cat, I found that my cat made the most money...and was quick about it.
Instructor
#6 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 2:24 PM
No. Nothing wrong with that. I do want my Sim to get on her horse and fire arrows at those deer ... all the time. I admit I'm not a big fan of the "full fridge" gameplay. I prefer to grow produce and not have a fridge at all (or a stove ... fires, anyone?) but my Sims have a hard time accepting that. My Sims like to live in a tent and work for their food ... and I've wanted to be able to hunt ever since I played "Medieval".
Test Subject
#7 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 2:49 PM
There's no adorable wolves and lycantrophy. *sigh*
Instructor
#8 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 3:02 PM
I'm trying to turn those big dog strays into wolves. 0_o Wish the game wouldn't crash on me all the time, and wish the advanced options tab would ... you know, work. Reliably, that is.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 3:19 PM
I to really miss the wolve's .... have several tat's IRL of wolves. My sim-self cant be the crazy wolf lady this time around
Test Subject
#10 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 3:38 PM
So far, the only thing that made me pull out my hair in frustration is the lack of maternity-compatible outfits. We had some of those with generation, I was hoping for some more with pets.
Also, I wonder where the Michael Jackson background music is each time I see a horse moonwalk... (and boy, do they do that often *grumble*pathfinding*grumble*)
Mad Poster
#11 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 6:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rockerduck
My Sims like to live in a tent and work for their food ... and I've wanted to be able to hunt ever since I played "Medieval".

Yeah, that's probably what it is. Medieval is full of hunting for game. Of course, you don't get to see the actual cuteness of the soon-to-be dinner in that one.

Oh, and edit. Just some background trivia on MB:
For one year of my childhood, I spent living in the mountains with a grouchy old man (step-grandfather). He didn't get his meat at the store. He got it from the woods & river. Vegetables came from the garden out back. It was just like the movie Heidi. For one year...no McDonald's happy meals for me!
Scholar
#12 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 6:46 PM
Veterinarian careers. And some sort of self-employment option for cat and dog owners.
Test Subject
#13 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 10:50 PM
The Pet Store be a Pet Store.
Live off the land and be sort of a gypsy
More ANIMALS, almost like a safari :D
And some other stuff..

Quote: Originally posted by Zokugai
Veterinarian careers. And some sort of self-employment option for cat and dog owners.

As in breeders? Or show pet owners?
Scholar
#14 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 11:10 PM
BUNNIES! I'm sorry to keep bringing this up, but they have so many other animals but no bunnies
*shakes head*

It does look really great otherwise though, I haven't been able to play because of computer issues but it just looks awesome
Scholar
#15 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 11:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AzaraGore
As in breeders? Or show pet owners?

Either or. Basically a cat or dog equivalent to the Horseman career. Ability to sell puppies and kittens would be a necessity of course.

Also there needs to be a way to play simless pet families without me spending fifteen minutes typing in cheats just to set up the game, because that is an awesome playstyle.
Scholar
#16 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 11:17 PM
A real pet store that sells pets.

But I'm okay, at least we got an open venue at all.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Mad Poster
#17 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 11:21 PM
properly labeled minor pet spawners. "Large Bird Spawner 3" isn't very descriptive enough.

That, and those little pet shows for cats and dogs.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#18 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 11:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zokugai
Either or. Basically a cat or dog equivalent to the Horseman career. Ability to sell puppies and kittens would be a necessity of course.

If you can put them up for adoption you could play them as a sort of pet shelter. You could earn money from the animals they catch. Lizards are quite expensive, my cat caught 2 and they sold for something like 500-600 simoleons each. It also ate my parrot and scratched all the furniture but that's another story. :p
Scholar
#19 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 11:39 PM
Actually the minor pets sell from about $11 to about $1000, you've probably just had really good luck.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 11:41 PM
As a few people have mentioned: An ability to sell cats and dogs.

A skill based around each of them so there could be a profession to gain money from working with either cats or dogs.

Farm animals which an give eggs and cheese and such. And to go along with this, working options for dogs. A cattle market would have been fun

Pests which the cat can control. Like if your house is a very countryside house than you have a random chance of getting mice or rats, but cats keep this down or can catch them.

More to do with dogs. I'm kind of bored already with them (And I work with them in real life, they are the sole reason I wanted this game...) So what they can find me gems and crap? Why can't they hunt animals too? Or do a canine equivilent of the show jumping (Agility) Heck you could have a dog center rabbit hole and have things like lure coursing and agility as rabbit hole events like racing and show jumping.

On the truffles thing, MB, it's true. There are even dog breeds known for it and specifically bred for it now. TBH I knew of truffle dogs before pigs, and although it's likely just because of me being more involved with dogs, from what I've heard they're more common now than pigs. For the reason you said, a dog wont eat the truffles. (And I imagine they're easier to transport.) Italian Water dog and poodles are known for truffle hunting.

not indorsed by Hypno toad... all hail Hypno toad @_@
Mad Poster
#21 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 12:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CinderEmma
BUNNIES! I'm sorry to keep bringing this up, but they have so many other animals but no bunnies
*shakes head*

It does look really great otherwise though, I haven't been able to play because of computer issues but it just looks awesome

Yes...this too!! (I'm getting a bunny in real life in a few days. An angora...will be making nice soft yarn, and getting lots of cuddles.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 12:50 AM
More small animals like rabbits, different color options for the small animals and ability to have more than one in the same cage (I don't actually have Pets yet so correct me if you can do that), sports for dogs and cats (there are tons of possibilities for dogs, like frisbee, herding, etc. and cats can do agility too), pet-only families, and maybe more wild animals (like the deer and raccoons) and ability to adopt them. And I think there were some breeds missing from CAP like labradors? And if it were up to me, we'd have more "fantasy" animals like dragons, gryphons, pegasus, dinosaurs... :D
Instructor
#23 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 2:16 AM
You can't have more than one small pet per terrarium, which kind of sucks cause the terrariums are so huge... so if you want to have a lot of minor pets, you need a cage for each one. It made me sad because I wanted to recreate myself with all my pets, and I have four rats all living together (they're all brothers so they were raised in the same cage and rarely fight)... plus you can only get the one color, which is also sad! Rats come in so many different colors!
Scholar
#24 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 2:44 AM
The pet cages thing is a little weird. For instance, the bird tree lets the bird fly around the house when it's bored or w/e. But only large birds can do it. So if you had a large bird you'd pretty much always (IMO) go with the tree. But the cage is sized for a large bird...so when you put a small bird in the birdcage it's this tiiiiiny little dot alone in the massive cage.
Test Subject
#25 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 4:04 AM
I wish that toddlers could eat from the pet food bowl like in Sims 2 - always amused me...and made child care a little easier

I agree it sucks that you can only have one minor pet in a cage or whatever.
Page 1 of 3