Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#26 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 4:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ~MadameButterfly~
Yes...this too!! (I'm getting a bunny in real life in a few days. An angora...will be making nice soft yarn, and getting lots of cuddles.
Yeah, I lost my rabbit a couple months ago, and I wanted to make a tribute rabbit for my self sim for him Stinking Chinchillas and Wombats!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 12:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Stoo
I wish that toddlers could eat from the pet food bowl like in Sims 2 - always amused me...and made child care a little easier

Hehe I loved that option too! Does anyone know if toddlers can sleep in pet beds this time round?
Mad Poster
#28 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 4:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CinderEmma
Yeah, I lost my rabbit a couple months ago, and I wanted to make a tribute rabbit for my self sim for him Stinking Chinchillas and Wombats!

Awww!! I'm sorry.

Part of the reason why I wanted to get the Sims Pets was so I could keep myself from going crazy while I wait for my one. So far, I have found that this is only working somewhat. I really really want my bunny!

Maybe I would have been more satisfied to wait if this game had bunnies too!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#29 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 5:13 PM
Yeah, I get it about the RL animals. This ep is helping keep me from falling apart atm as I lost 2 cats a week or so apart from each other.
Field Researcher
#30 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 9:36 PM
I totally hear you. My cat has been sick for quite some time and was just recently diagnosed with multipe myeloma. We're trying out chemotherapy right now and we'll see how things go, hopefully she'll feel better and get at least a few more months of enjoying life. Poor little cancer kitty...

Because of this I have actually not been able to get the Pets EP yet, since things were so up in the air. But I see how it could be a good distraction as well.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#31 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 9:49 PM
Awww, I do hope you RL kitty spend the rest of her time without pain and enjoying life.

Back in TS1 and 2 days, I used to make my RL animals into sim's, now, having lost so many of them, I cant, Instead I enjoy making the ideal fictional animal compainion.
Test Subject
#32 Old 28th Oct 2011 at 12:46 AM
I am kinda bummed that the ONLY accessories for our dog friends are collars.... My fur-baby in real life wears a hankerchief around his neck with little bones and such on it, his he's an Australian Shep/Corgi mix, and his name is Scout. When he doesn't have that little hankerchief around his neck he just doesn't look the same, and I'm dissapointed that the only choices for collars so far are just that- collars.

I'd also like to make one of those obbessed diva sims with a scrauny chihuahua that wears a pink sweater and such, but that doesn't seem to be an option either. Pet cloths are definitly one of the major things missing from TS3 Pets!

While I am very impressed by the amount of customization you have in choosing coat coloring, pattern, ect.... I'm almost thinking they put ALL their effort into making as a customizable as possible and slacked off in other departments...
Scholar
#33 Old 28th Oct 2011 at 5:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by McManda89
I am kinda bummed that the ONLY accessories for our dog friends are collars.... My fur-baby in real life wears a hankerchief around his neck with little bones and such on it, his he's an Australian Shep/Corgi mix, and his name is Scout. When he doesn't have that little hankerchief around his neck he just doesn't look the same, and I'm dissapointed that the only choices for collars so far are just that- collars.

I'd also like to make one of those obbessed diva sims with a scrauny chihuahua that wears a pink sweater and such, but that doesn't seem to be an option either. Pet cloths are definitly one of the major things missing from TS3 Pets!

While I am very impressed by the amount of customization you have in choosing coat coloring, pattern, ect.... I'm almost thinking they put ALL their effort into making as a customizable as possible and slacked off in other departments...

I'm not sure that would be possible, though. I've already seen the collars get all twisted out of shape on some dogbreeds (the EA bulldogs for instance). That'd be so much worse on a bandana.
Inventor
#34 Old 28th Oct 2011 at 9:48 PM
Veterinarian Career. I was so blasted disappointed when I realized there isn't one. It would have been so simple to do, they wouldn't even need a new rabbithole, just add the option to the hospital. Such an oversight in an EP all about pets.

kittens!
Top Secret Researcher
#35 Old 28th Oct 2011 at 10:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura
There are a couple of shelves that can be shifted up and down the wall. I think they came with Generations.

Yes, but for some reason the trophies won't go on them.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Scholar
#36 Old 28th Oct 2011 at 11:10 PM
Ahh man, you know what would have been nice? A Petsitter profession. All it really would have needed was a relabeling of the daycare one. Minimum effort.
Test Subject
#37 Old 1st Nov 2011 at 7:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zokugai
Ahh man, you know what would have been nice? A Petsitter profession. All it really would have needed was a relabeling of the daycare one. Minimum effort.

You know, maybe a modder out there can pull that off? People have tons of custom professions on this site. It really is just a renaming issue. Possibly changing some of the chance cards (if there are any for the Daycare job). It might be a good idea to request this in the proper thread. (I have to go find that thread)

My issues with this EP though... no bunnies, no way to invite those deer & racoons to join your family, and I haven't run into any sort of Opportunities for pets. How awesome would that be? "A pack of wild Chihuahuas have chased one of your best playmates into a tree! He needs help! Will you go save him?" lol. If we have those... then someone tell me how to get them >.> Then of course, the pet shows. Why bother teaching my pet to roll over on command? If I could just show it off for some fancy blue ribbon...

--my other beef with this EP may not so much be an EA issue, but I've realized Peggy's hairs do not work. I'm still searching the forums to see if anyone has found a solution yet. I'm fairly certain its just her hairs, because the ones I've downloaded from other sites seem to be doing okay. Re-textured versions of her hair seem to be working fine too. But nobody re-textures her toddler to child hairs. --- Then again, they worked before PetsEP. So maybe its an EA problem. I believe I recalled someone saying that EA's motto was "send it to them broken, wait for them to fix it, and then break it again." This seems a good example of that.

I dreamed I was missing... you were so scared, but no one would listen, 'cause no one else cared. After my dreaming, I woke with this fear. What am I leaving when I'm done here?
Forum Resident
#38 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 4:49 AM
Werewolves.
Mad Poster
#39 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 5:14 AM
Pet shows & REAL pet stores.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Test Subject
#40 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 5:25 AM
I really wish there were more wild animals. Wolves, bears, maybe mountain lions or bobcats. Just..anything you wouldnt normally keep as a pet. Maybe make them tameable. Deers and raccoons you can't interact with much are boring.

I also wish there was more to do with dogs & cats. Feels like horses got everything.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 7:40 AM
I had more random little ideas, not completely necessary but... It might be cool if you could breed the small pets, especially if they came in different colors and you could breed for rare colors or something. And it also might be cool if your sim could have a part-time job as an ice cream truck driver :D
Scholar
#42 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 8:39 AM
Maybe the bunnies will come with a Magic ep. From top hats. Thats where bunnies come from. Really. And pigeons too.
Scholar
#43 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 3:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CocoMouse
I had more random little ideas, not completely necessary but... It might be cool if you could breed the small pets, especially if they came in different colors and you could breed for rare colors or something. And it also might be cool if your sim could have a part-time job as an ice cream truck driver :D

By ice cream truck driver you mean serial killer, right?
Mad Poster
#44 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 4:07 PM
By ice cream truck driver you mean serial killer, right?

Nice Dexter reference..

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Lab Assistant
#45 Old 9th Nov 2011 at 11:29 PM
Oh yeah, I miss the bunnies, the "register a new breed" option, and of cooourse, THE WOLVES! (and the WEREwolves as well!)

Sorry for my English!
Eminence Grise
#46 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 2:50 AM

The way the daycare toddlers and kids work has no relation at all to the way toddlers and kids work when they're not in daycare... it's all scripted fresh for the profession. And, since you couldn't exactly use precisely the same AI for pets, it would have to be coded from scratch.

So, yeah. Maximal effort

And while it's easy enough (thanks largely to tools from Twallan) to mod a CAREER, daycare is not a career, it's a profession like the ambitions ones... so not even remotely straightforward to mod either, though I'd never say it was impossible
Scholar
#47 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 5:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
The way the daycare toddlers and kids work has no relation at all to the way toddlers and kids work when they're not in daycare... it's all scripted fresh for the profession. And, since you couldn't exactly use precisely the same AI for pets, it would have to be coded from scratch.

So, yeah. Maximal effort

And while it's easy enough (thanks largely to tools from Twallan) to mod a CAREER, daycare is not a career, it's a profession like the ambitions ones... so not even remotely straightforward to mod either, though I'd never say it was impossible

Meant minimum effort on EA's part, not on modders' part, if for no other reason than they get paid to do it and we pay for the ability to do it.

Played Sims 2 the other day and found I desperately miss pet careers, too. Nice, simple, rabbithole-style careers where I could send them to work and ignore them all day. My pets spend way too much time at home sleeping on the couch.

Come to think of it, my real pets spend way too much time at home sleeping on the couch, too. Brb signing my dogs and cats up for the showbiz career so they can actually earn their keep for once...
Top Secret Researcher
#48 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 5:04 AM
Yes, all of those would be nice...

But what really gripes me is that the horse ranches (the places where you can train your horses to jump or race) do not have bathrooms for the people. Aargh, how stupid is that? Of course, the ones in my game all have bathrooms -- but to me that is as lame as forgetting to put lights on your lot. ... come to think of it, I don't think the cat & dog parks had facilities for people either, and the lighting is rather poor on all of them. .

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
Scholar
#49 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 5:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bluetexasbonnie
Yes, all of those would be nice...

But what really gripes me is that the horse ranches (the places where you can train your horses to jump or race) do not have bathrooms for the people. Aargh, how stupid is that? Of course, the ones in my game all have bathrooms -- but to me that is as lame as forgetting to put lights on your lot. ... come to think of it, I don't think the cat & dog parks had facilities for people either, and the lighting is rather poor on all of them. .

Then again my IRL dogpark is just a fenced in field without human facilities, too.
Inventor
#50 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 9:14 AM
I would have liked bunnies as well, also big dogs (as in great danes etc) looking bigger than collies etc. Same with bigger horses (shires) looking physically bigger than standard breeds.
I would have loved a horse carriage for weddings and so on.
I love farm games so I concur about the cows , pigs, sheep and chickens etc. And where's the carrot cake recipe?!
Page 2 of 3