Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#26 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 12:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by orangemittens
NP The learning curve on making things for this game can be a little steep so most people, I think, end up with something not-optimal the first time around. Try mapping with MS if you aren't already. It's very straightforward...much easier than any other mapping method I've seen yet.

Not sure what you mean by can I use the mesh with s3oc. But with the s3oc/s3pe combo you can edit an object, try it in-game, edit it again to fix stuff, try it in game, and etc.
I am download the tools as we speak, can i just use S3OC to edit the paintings on my mesh or do i need another tool?
Advertisement
Alchemist
#27 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 12:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TDC95
I am download the tools as we speak, can i just use S3OC to edit the paintings on my mesh or do i need another tool?
Use this tutorial:

http://dino.drealm.info/den/denforu...php?topic=681.0
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#28 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 1:17 AM
Use this tutorial:

http://dino.drealm.info/den/denforu...php?topic=681.0
Ok i used the Texture Tweaker to do the .dds files this time, i just exported my project from TSRW to a .package file, and i did the 1024 x 1024 size covered it over perfectly and it didnt come up clear, so its not TSRW causing the bug its something i didn't fix, because the others tools made it come up the same way. If you would like me to attach my painting and you can take a look at the .package file and see whats wrong i can do that.

Ok its attached you take a look and see what i did wrong point it out please.

Sorry im such a knuckle head and cant figure this out
Alchemist
#29 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 1:34 AM
Ok i used the Texture Tweaker to do the .dds files this time, i just exported my project from TSRW to a .package file, and i did the 1024 x 1024 size covered it over perfectly and it didnt come up clear, so its not TSRW causing the bug its something i didn't fix, because the others tools made it come up the same way. If you would like me to attach my painting and you can take a look at the .package file and see whats wrong i can do that.

Ok its attached you take a look and see what i did wrong point it out please.

Sorry im such a knuckle head and cant figure this out
I'm thinking there is something wrong with your TSRW project and that's why it wasn't working in the first place. I recommend you start off with a new clone made with S3OC and then follow the tutorial to put your image on it. This is what I did using your .dds and as you can see...it looks very nice in the game
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#30 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 1:52 AM
I'm thinking there is something wrong with your TSRW project and that's why it wasn't working in the first place. I recommend you start off with a new clone made with S3OC and then follow the tutorial to put your image on it. This is what I did using your .dds and as you can see...it looks very nice in the game
ok I get it, I'm going to use just those tools for paintings mow, btw will I need to re-make my mesh in milkshape? Ill p.m you from now on if I have problems expect spam because I'm losing it lol thanks so much
Alchemist
#31 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 3:32 AM Last edited by orangemittens : 2nd Nov 2011 at 3:44 AM.
ok I get it, I'm going to use just those tools for paintings mow, btw will I need to re-make my mesh in milkshape? Ill p.m you from now on if I have problems expect spam because I'm losing it lol thanks so much
If you made your mesh in Milkshape already you shouldn't have to remake it...you can use that mesh to overwrite the .s3asc you would be exporting from a new .package you created using s3oc. I would convert it to .obj form before trying that though. I have no idea what format TSRW uses in Milkshape but .obj is safe for sure. There is a tutorial for how to use S3PE to export .s3asc to MS and reimport your edited version back into a .package here:

http://dino.drealm.info/den/denforu...php?topic=614.0

But if all you're doing is recoloring an EA mesh you shouldn't have to make any mesh at all.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#32 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 1:52 PM
If you made your mesh in Milkshape already you shouldn't have to remake it...you can use that mesh to overwrite the .s3asc you would be exporting from a new .package you created using s3oc. I would convert it to .obj form before trying that though. I have no idea what format TSRW uses in Milkshape but .obj is safe for sure. There is a tutorial for how to use S3PE to export .s3asc to MS and reimport your edited version back into a .package here:

http://dino.drealm.info/den/denforu...php?topic=614.0

But if all you're doing is recoloring an EA mesh you shouldn't have to make any mesh at all.
I have the plug-ins installed into milkshape but im not seeing the option in S3PE to do what step 4 there is no s3asc from the drop-down menu.
Alchemist
#33 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 2:47 PM
I have the plug-ins installed into milkshape but im not seeing the option in S3PE to do what step 4 there is no s3asc from the drop-down menu.
It may be the case that you do not have the meshExpImpHelper installed. You need this in order to get the .s3asc export option in S3PE even if you use the Easy Installer method to install s3pe.

http://dino.drealm.info/den/denforu...php?topic=689.0
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#34 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 4:27 PM Last edited by TDC95 : 2nd Nov 2011 at 9:41 PM.
It may be the case that you do not have the meshExpImpHelper installed. You need this in order to get the .s3asc export option in S3PE even if you use the Easy Installer method to install s3pe.

http://dino.drealm.info/den/denforu...php?topic=689.0
Thanks, and yes im using my new mesh.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#35 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 9:45 PM
Ok update, i remade it with all the tools you guys recommended and it came blurry again ugh. One thing i did notice though is when i went to Create a style and tried to re-color it with a different pattern in-game it came up 100% clear, but when i left create a style it came blurry again. Another thing i can mention is when i was recoloring in-game i had it on wood and the painting looked fine but as i clicked on different things like gold the little speckle's where showing up on the panting 0_o and when i would change to a lighter metal the painting would get lighter. Ok whats going on here?
Alchemist
#36 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 10:39 PM
Ok update, i remade it with all the tools you guys recommended and it came blurry again ugh. One thing i did notice though is when i went to Create a style and tried to re-color it with a different pattern in-game it came up 100% clear, but when i left create a style it came blurry again. Another thing i can mention is when i was recoloring in-game i had it on wood and the painting looked fine but as i clicked on different things like gold the little speckle's where showing up on the panting 0_o and when i would change to a lighter metal the painting would get lighter. Ok whats going on here?
If it looks 100% clear in Create a Style but gets blurry in play mode you need to change the Mask width and height values. I'm not sure what you mean about the other issues. Could you post the .package so I can look at it? Also, if you aren't sure where/how to change the Mask width and height values from my post above let me know and I'll post some pictures illustrating it.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#37 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 11:21 PM
If it looks 100% clear in Create a Style but gets blurry in play mode you need to change the Mask width and height values. I'm not sure what you mean about the other issues. Could you post the .package so I can look at it? Also, if you aren't sure where/how to change the Mask width and height values from my post above let me know and I'll post some pictures illustrating it.
Ok im attaching the file, and yes im not sure, do i re-size in gimp? And its only 100% clear in Create a style, not build mode buy, or play. What i ment was the pattern seems to be leaking into the painting in game like if im using wood i cant really see the grain but if im using metal that has speckles they will seep through onto the painting in-game. Or if im using any shiny metal the painting seems to get lighter and light reflective.
Alchemist
#38 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 11:31 PM
Ok im attaching the file, and yes im not sure, do i re-size in gimp? And its only 100% clear in Create a style, not build mode buy, or play. What i ment was the pattern seems to be leaking into the painting in game like if im using wood i cant really see the grain but if im using metal that has speckles they will seep through onto the painting in-game. Or if im using any shiny metal the painting seems to get lighter and light reflective.
You need to change the mask width and height using S3PE so the .package values match the mesh map you've made. I gave instructions for that in post #9 of this thread.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#39 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 11:59 PM
You need to change the mask width and height using S3PE so the .package values match the mesh map you've made. I gave instructions for that in post #9 of this thread.
Thank you, this is very confusing, but ill take a shot at it, is there a size that i need to put in to be exact or what? this is the first time i have done this
Alchemist
#40 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 12:05 AM
Thank you, this is very confusing, but ill take a shot at it, is there a size that i need to put in to be exact or what? this is the first time i have done this
Look in the thread that Esmeralda posted. Wes posted the numbers you need in post #13 there. I checked your painting in my game and I'm not seeing any issue except the blurriness. I'm not getting any bleeding from the frame onto the image. If you're having that maybe it's a video card problem (?). Again, if you have problems with the method of changing the mask width and height using S3PE post again and I'll post some pictures of it. Hang in there...this does become easier with practice
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#41 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 2:04 PM
Look in the thread that Esmeralda posted. Wes posted the numbers you need in post #13 there. I checked your painting in my game and I'm not seeing any issue except the blurriness. I'm not getting any bleeding from the frame onto the image. If you're having that maybe it's a video card problem (?). Again, if you have problems with the method of changing the mask width and height using S3PE post again and I'll post some pictures of it. Hang in there...this does become easier with practice
Ok i found what i'm supposed to but i'm not seeing any number in the posts to change it to, here is the info under [01] ChunkEntry \ RCOLBlock \ Mtnf \ SData

[5] SData Field 0x707F712F (MaskWidth) Data 0x00000100

[6] SData Field 0x849CDADC (MaskHeight) Data 0x00000200

What needs to be changed and to what size?
Sockpuppet
#42 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 6:19 PM
I have to agree you will learn alot this way but my advice would be to clone a billboard next time.
I think it comes closer to your needs and it has all the correct settings.
Alchemist
#43 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 12:03 AM
Ok i found what i'm supposed to but i'm not seeing any number in the posts to change it to, here is the info under [01] ChunkEntry \ RCOLBlock \ Mtnf \ SData

[5] SData Field 0x707F712F (MaskWidth) Data 0x00000100

[6] SData Field 0x849CDADC (MaskHeight) Data 0x00000200

What needs to be changed and to what size?
You're in the right place. The last three digits of the number you posted is what needs changing. You change them so the value matches your .dds size like this:

00000080 is 128
00000100 is 256
00000200 is 512
00000400 is 1024

So a .dds that's 256 x 512 would need to be like what you have there now. A 1024 x 1024 should have both numbers changed to 400.

And Base is right...when you're first learning it's very helpful to choose a clone that has characteristics close to what you want to make...later after you're familiar with S3PE you can take almost any object and make it into what you want. Of course, it isn't always easy to know which is going to be the best clone and it's sometimes easier to learn how to fix the one you picked than it is to wade through all the choices to find the most optimal one
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#44 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 12:29 AM Last edited by TDC95 : 4th Nov 2011 at 1:21 AM.
You're in the right place. The last three digits of the number you posted is what needs changing. You change them so the value matches your .dds size like this:

00000080 is 128
00000100 is 256
00000200 is 512
00000400 is 1024

So a .dds that's 256 x 512 would need to be like what you have there now. A 1024 x 1024 should have both numbers changed to 400.

And Base is right...when you're first learning it's very helpful to choose a clone that has characteristics close to what you want to make...later after you're familiar with S3PE you can take almost any object and make it into what you want. Of course, it isn't always easy to know which is going to be the best clone and it's sometimes easier to learn how to fix the one you picked than it is to wade through all the choices to find the most optimal one
Ok i have tested after looking every where in every chunk entry in ever Sdata file in ever extension and changed it to the new size of 400. And yet its still blurry. And yes i did this for both the MLOD file and MODL.

I have uploaded the latest file after updating the mask. and you Take a look and tell me what might be going wrong im really sad i cant fix this
Alchemist
#45 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 2:34 AM
Ok i have tested after looking every where in every chunk entry in ever Sdata file in ever extension and changed it to the new size of 400. And yet its still blurry. And yes i did this for both the MLOD file and MODL.

I have uploaded the latest file after updating the mask. and you Take a look and tell me what might be going wrong im really sad i cant fix this
I checked the mask width/height and all looks good there. Next I looked at the painting in-game and the image is fine...there is no blurriness.

I'm thinking you may have a game settings issue or a problem with your video card...but this looks just fine except the frame needs to be remapped to match the changes you made to the mesh. There is nothing wrong with the image.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#46 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 3:12 AM Last edited by TDC95 : 4th Nov 2011 at 2:41 PM.
I checked the mask width/height and all looks good there. Next I looked at the painting in-game and the image is fine...there is no blurriness.

I'm thinking you may have a game settings issue or a problem with your video card...but this looks just fine except the frame needs to be remapped to match the changes you made to the mesh. There is nothing wrong with the image.
Thanks for all the help, that looks really pretty and i cant believe i made that

How would my game setting affect this? Everything is on high. I think its my video card, ill update.

How would i go about Remapping the frame? I think the carvings from the multiplier look nice but it is a little blurry like you said. Can i keep the fancy carvings and adjust them to the new frame size?

Btw sorry about all the P.M's
Alchemist
#47 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 3:46 PM
Thanks for all the help, that looks really pretty and i cant believe i made that

How would my game setting affect this? Everything is on high. I think its my video card, ill update.

How would i go about Remapping the frame? I think the carvings from the multiplier look nice but it is a little blurry like you said. Can i keep the fancy carvings and adjust them to the new frame size?

Btw sorry about all the P.M's
If your game settings are all on high maybe working the video card angle will help.

As far as the frame goes I shouldn't have said mapping because unless you changed it from EA's mapping the mapping is fine. The issue is the .dds files you're using for the multiplier and the mask. I'm not sure there's a way to easily use the carvings on EA's multiplier and not have them be blurry because you've increased the size of the frame so much compared to the original size of it. You could try enlarging the mask and multiplier to the same size as the overlay and see if that works but my bet is the carvings will still look blurry. Another thing you might consider is fixing the tiling on the frame because currently you have it set to the old ratio (for a rectangular .dds) and the patterns are coming in expecting the new ratio (which is square). You'll notice what I mean if you apply a geometric pattern to your frame in CAS...the pattern will be somewhat distorted.

Although you would lose the fancy carving you could bake the resized painting in Blender and make a new multiplier that fits your frame and would look very nice in the game.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#48 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 4:33 PM
If your game settings are all on high maybe working the video card angle will help.

As far as the frame goes I shouldn't have said mapping because unless you changed it from EA's mapping the mapping is fine. The issue is the .dds files you're using for the multiplier and the mask. I'm not sure there's a way to easily use the carvings on EA's multiplier and not have them be blurry because you've increased the size of the frame so much compared to the original size of it. You could try enlarging the mask and multiplier to the same size as the overlay and see if that works but my bet is the carvings will still look blurry. Another thing you might consider is fixing the tiling on the frame because currently you have it set to the old ratio (for a rectangular .dds) and the patterns are coming in expecting the new ratio (which is square). You'll notice what I mean if you apply a geometric pattern to your frame in CAS...the pattern will be somewhat distorted.

Although you would lose the fancy carving you could bake the resized painting in Blender and make a new multiplier that fits your frame and would look very nice in the game.
I really want to keep the carving s, they look ok if I use a metal like gold, and the video card update is a bad idea I just updated and it screwed a lot of things up so I had to do a system restore to fix it, so I'm stuck with my painting still blurry but it just seems to be my painting because the other cc ones I have come up clear, this is getting very irritating I have the object detail on high not all my setting. I just want my image to be clear for me but I guess it won't ever be -_- what is the multiplier called in the chunk entries ill try re-sizing It. The point was to get a cool fancy frame but I guess that just isn't going to work out. Its strange how it will work for you, and my card was already up to date, there was just another software that was newer that could replace it. Why is this happening to me!?!?!?!? Can milk shape bake or just blender? Because I don't like using blender to much I find it annoying. Like my paintings at this point......
Alchemist
#49 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 5:55 PM
I really want to keep the carving s, they look ok if I use a metal like gold, and the video card update is a bad idea I just updated and it screwed a lot of things up so I had to do a system restore to fix it, so I'm stuck with my painting still blurry but it just seems to be my painting because the other cc ones I have come up clear, this is getting very irritating I have the object detail on high not all my setting. I just want my image to be clear for me but I guess it won't ever be -_- what is the multiplier called in the chunk entries ill try re-sizing It. The point was to get a cool fancy frame but I guess that just isn't going to work out. Its strange how it will work for you, and my card was already up to date, there was just another software that was newer that could replace it. Why is this happening to me!?!?!?!? Can milk shape bake or just blender? Because I don't like using blender to much I find it annoying. Like my paintings at this point......
Could you show a picture of your painting in your game next to an EA painting and a CC one? There's no reason yours and yours alone should be showing up blurry...and there is nothing wrong with it in my game. I'm curious to see what it shows up like.

Milkshape cannot bake but there are Sim 3 tools that make baking in Blender a very simple process.

You wouldn't change the multiplier and mask in s3pe...you would change them basically how you changed the overlay...edit them in your image editor and import them to your .package using 3T.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#50 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 6:01 PM
Ok after I restored my system I went back in-game to test and I re-colored
them as usual but now after I hit the check in CAS it stayed clear and I go in-game to play mode and its clear, I just have 2 recolor it in game once I'm so happy wonder why though I have to recolor it once to make it clear, it doesn't bother me that i have to do that as long as no one else does i will finish them and upload ^^
Page 2 of 5