Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Castaway Set Part 4 - 6 items

by lhawk07 Posted 4th Nov 2011 at 1:36 PM - Updated 1st Dec 2011 at 10:40 AM by lhawk07

20 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 11 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 8:47 PM
would it be posible to create a crib that looks like a crate ? i would love it if you could try for me please thank you ddsmile
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 2:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ddsmile5
would it be posible to create a crib that looks like a crate ? i would love it if you could try for me please thank you ddsmile
I might be able to. I had a fit with a crib awhile back and gave up on it. lol... I couldn't quite get it to look right. I might give it a whack.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 10:05 AM
Could you make nursery items to fit this theme? And maybe the Gnubb set so that it isn't wooden bunnies but rocks?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 8:47 AM
I absolutely love this theme you've been doing, when I get pets I'm going to be using it for a story I'm making - thanks so much for working so hard on it! I would second the nursery thing, or maybe some male clothes but I'm sure I'll love whatever you do next! :P
Test Subject
#6 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 2:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lhawk07
I might be able to. I had a fit with a crib awhile back and gave up on it. lol... I couldn't quite get it to look right. I might give it a whack.

cool thank you so much i have been looking for a box crib for a long time now i wanted a crib i could ues in several senerieos like aftermath babies mega poor sims and of corse castaways
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 2:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ddsmile5
cool thank you so much i have been looking for a box crib for a long time now i wanted a crib i could ues in several senerieos like aftermath babies mega poor sims and of corse castaways
I went ahead and made it along with a toybox and a high chair. I will get them submitted soon!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 3rd Dec 2011 at 6:22 AM
thanks for your castaway stuff! <3
Test Subject
#9 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 2:36 AM
i think "castaway" theme is really a special one, western culture (as long as i know, mostly ameriacans) loves such kind of things (movies, books, and now i saw in-game objects)
please don't be angry if i offended you, i am just out of curiosity
why? i think you do like this, right? can you tell me why you like it?
(i am an Asian, so i really have no idea)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 3:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by celiaswelkin
i think "castaway" theme is really a special one, western culture (as long as i know, mostly ameriacans) loves such kind of things (movies, books, and now i saw in-game objects)
please don't be angry if i offended you, i am just out of curiosity
why? i think you do like this, right? can you tell me why you like it?
(i am an Asian, so i really have no idea)
Hmmm...that's a good question! I don't know, I think maybe growing up watching the TV show, Gilligan's Island. :-) which was really popular when I was a kid. Also, I grew up in the mountains no where NEAR an island or a beach and I think it's sort of a novelty idea to many Americans because for the majority of us, islands are very far away.
Test Subject
#11 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 6:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lhawk07
Hmmm...that's a good question! I don't know, I think maybe growing up watching the TV show, Gilligan's Island. :-) which was really popular when I was a kid. Also, I grew up in the mountains no where NEAR an island or a beach and I think it's sort of a novelty idea to many Americans because for the majority of us, islands are very far away.

i didn't think of that before, which does make sense
my country is an island lol so island is no secret to me
before you said so, i was thinking "castaway phenomenon" might be some kind of mental escape from people, society, morality, etc. blah blah blah
but since "mental escape" isn't region-restricted...XDDD obviously not true

thanks for responding such weird question
it's really kind of you to do so
and you're really good at creating objects BRAVO
i like them a lot
keep going : D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 2:14 AM
i didn't think of that before, which does make sense
my country is an island lol so island is no secret to me
before you said so, i was thinking "castaway phenomenon" might be some kind of mental escape from people, society, morality, etc. blah blah blah
but since "mental escape" isn't region-restricted...XDDD obviously not true

thanks for responding such weird question
it's really kind of you to do so
and you're really good at creating objects BRAVO
i like them a lot
keep going : D

I DEFINITELY think that is in large part a "mental escape" as you said from society, people, etc and since islands are so far away, I think imagining being on a deserted island would be both a mental AND physical escape.

I don't mind answering that question at all! :-) I am a deep thinker and talkative so you picked the right person to ask! lol
Test Subject
#13 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 5:33 AM Last edited by celiaswelkin : 17th Dec 2011 at 5:39 AM. Reason: adding sentences
to me, two most impressive movies is that the CASTAWAY by Tom Hanks and his darling Wilson lol and (Return) to the blue lagoon
and in the end of the movie, both had implied that return to civilization is no good at all
(abandoned by wife, lies, hypocrites, and deceives)
OMG now i wanted to be casted away but definitely not with Wilson

*and we can see from return to the blue lagoon
there are both mental and physical escapes (evil grin
and somehow we are escaping from reality as well by this not so real virtual sim world, didn't we? :" )
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 10:40 AM
to me, two most impressive movies is that the CASTAWAY by Tom Hanks and his darling Wilson lol and (Return) to the blue lagoon
and in the end of the movie, both had implied that return to civilization is no good at all
(abandoned by wife, lies, hypocrites, and deceives)
OMG now i wanted to be casted away but definitely not with Wilson

*and we can see from return to the blue lagoon
there are both mental and physical escapes (evil grin
and somehow we are escaping from reality as well by this not so real virtual sim world, didn't we? :" )

AH! Too right you are!
Test Subject
#15 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 11:22 PM
hey LOVE your stuffwell in this set I cannot find the table or sundial, but the rest is there...:S any help??x
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 18th Dec 2011 at 5:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gertie758
hey LOVE your stuffwell in this set I cannot find the table or sundial, but the rest is there...:S any help??x
The sundial is under misc electronics (with the alarm clock) and the end table is where the nightstands are I believe
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 7th May 2012 at 4:11 PM
I love Sims Castaways. I also love that you have introduced items from that game into this one. (Now all we need are those rascally chimps, and I'll be all set,lol.) Thanks a bunch!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 3rd Jul 2012 at 12:11 AM
Thank you again
THANKS POST
#19 Old 26th Feb 2014 at 10:32 AM
Nice pack! Cheers! Im a little late to the sims game, but now im finding sooo much great content available! XD
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#20 Old 18th May 2014 at 8:18 AM
Thanks!
Test Subject
#21 Old 18th Jul 2014 at 5:03 PM
Hello,
Very VERY nice.
I wonder why "Sims 3 dashboard by Delphy" finds conflicts between many of the castaway items you created??? To me they seem to work ok all together. Any idea??