Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Your Stairs, Your Way!

by mustluvcatz Posted 27th Nov 2011 at 10:13 PM - Updated 28th Nov 2011 at 6:01 AM by mustluvcatz

32 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 6 Feedback Posts, 25 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 11:17 PM
Great idea! LOVE what you made here!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 28th Nov 2011 at 12:04 AM
Very cool!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 28th Nov 2011 at 12:54 AM
I'm in love with these stairs!
Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 28th Nov 2011 at 4:01 AM
These are so awesome!! I always seem to have trouble finding just the right stairs so I know these will get loads of use in my game. Thanks!!
Former Hamster
retired moderator THANKS POST
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th Nov 2011 at 5:48 AM Last edited by mustluvcatz : 28th Nov 2011 at 6:01 AM.
Thankies! You're all welcome, too, lol.
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#7 Old 28th Nov 2011 at 6:19 AM
You just make the most handy items that I didnt know I needed until you've made them! Thankyou so much
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 28th Nov 2011 at 9:12 AM
:O *gasps* i thought we can never use the items under the stairs...
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 28th Nov 2011 at 2:33 PM
Lovely, unique and very usable!

Sim Fans UK - Free downloads, tutorials, game help and chat!

I'm selling my vBulletin 4 suite - please contact me if you are interested in buying it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 28th Nov 2011 at 3:58 PM
Ooh, how lovely. Must have these!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 28th Nov 2011 at 4:47 PM
Really like these.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 28th Nov 2011 at 7:44 PM
What a wonderful and creative idea. I despise the game default stair options. I will truly enjoy using these stairs in my Sim houses. Thank you very much!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 28th Nov 2011 at 8:20 PM
These look very useful especially with the additional deco railings in different styles. Thank you for all the options you give us!
Undead Molten Llama
THANKS POST
#14 Old 28th Nov 2011 at 11:57 PM
God, I totally love it that the railings aren't attached to the stairs! Why didn't EAxis do that, dammit?! I also love it that the individual bits are recolorable. It does Very Bad Things to my brain, mind you, because it's having visions of fancy inlays and crap, but I love it anyway.

Fantastic work, MLC.
Former Hamster
retired moderator THANKS POST
Original Poster
#15 Old 29th Nov 2011 at 3:27 AM
*happy dance* Thanks for all the lovely comments (we creators really do appreciate them!) and you're all very welcome.

ekrubynaffit : I can do that because I'm in your mind!! HeeHee.
ChocoholicChocofreak: Most open underneath stairs, your sims can use furniture you put underneath. (I say most because I don't think it's all of them.)
TheSimsWorldSims: I'm all about options. Don't you know that by now, lol?
iCad: Inlays? Oh my..go for it!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 29th Nov 2011 at 5:50 AM
very nice - thanks!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#17 Old 29th Nov 2011 at 2:01 PM
Oh my... These are awesome! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 29th Nov 2011 at 9:42 PM
Beautiful job. I love these! Thank you so much, finding good stairs is difficult and these are definately good. I was wondering if I just put the downloaded files into my downloads folder or if I have to do something else as well? I know I've read something before about stairs and it sounded complicated so have never done it but I really want these stairs in my game. Thank you again for all your wonderful creations.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
Original Poster
#19 Old 29th Nov 2011 at 10:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simgirlsam
Beautiful job. I love these! Thank you so much, finding good stairs is difficult and these are definately good. I was wondering if I just put the downloaded files into my downloads folder or if I have to do something else as well? I know I've read something before about stairs and it sounded complicated so have never done it but I really want these stairs in my game. Thank you again for all your wonderful creations.

Since these are regular straight stairs all you have to do it put them in your downloads folder. You're welcome and thank you!
Inventor
THANKS POST
#20 Old 2nd Dec 2011 at 5:43 AM
Absolutely wonderful! The set of stairs I absolutely needed and didn't know it! As soon as I can re-install my game these are going to end up in every house (I can almost guarantee it). Thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 2:41 AM
wow these are awesome! I always hate how the Maxis stairs don't ever fully match with the room deco...thanks so much for these!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#22 Old 25th Dec 2011 at 1:49 AM
Thank you SO much! These are phenomenal, and the variety.. something for absolutely everyone!
Field Researcher
#23 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 7:45 PM
Wow this is a wonderful idea! I've searched all over the place for diz but nobody ever had this brilliant idea. Great work! Thanks! (Is there also a way you can make them for small like five-steps stairs?)
Former Hamster
retired moderator
Original Poster
#24 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 6:53 AM
Thanks for the comments and you're very welcome.

Cleos: 5 step stairs? You mean modular stairs? There are tiled recolors (using Numenor's recolorable modular stairs) available..which is why I made these. There's also the problem of me not having the files or textures anymore due to getting a new computer. (And I couldn't get back into the old one to get anything.) So, unfortunately no. I won't be doing this for modular stairs.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 24th Mar 2012 at 2:44 PM
I downloaded these weeks ago, then got caught up using modular stairs. I just started a house I'm doing in all victorian and wanted a double wide staircase in the center, none of the modulars looked right. These are absolutely perfect!!!! I just wish I had more recolors now Thank you!
Page 1 of 2