Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#26 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 2:02 PM
COLOMBIANA.
what an awesome film.
Advertisement
Theorist
#27 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 2:21 PM
Went to a friend's house and the kids wanted to watch Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, so I watched along.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 2:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vhanster
Went to a friend's house and the kids wanted to watch Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, so I watched along.
What did you think of it?

I watched Mary and Max. It was odd and disturbing at times. It stayed with me though. I'm not sure what I'd say about it.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Field Researcher
#29 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 2:41 PM
Just watched In time, it was awesome!
Instructor
#30 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 3:57 PM
Contagion. I liked it. Not for viewers with germ phobias or OCD about disease though! =-)
Scholar
#31 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 4:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsLover50
Contagion. I liked it. Not for viewers with germ phobias or OCD about disease though! =-)

That was the last movie I watched, too. I thought it was pretty good. Fairly accurate, at least as far as popular fiction goes, though there were some logistical issues with how the fictional CDC handled things. Herd immunity is far more effective than individualized raffle, for example.
Inventor
#32 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 4:46 PM
I just watched Pan's Labyrinth (finally).

Everyone said it was good, but I still went into it with relatively low expectations. I thought it was amazing and so well-done. Although, this guy...
...severely scared the shit out of me.

"Goonies never say die."
Top Secret Researcher
#33 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 6:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsLover50

Then I better not watch it o.o

As for me though:

Imagine Me & You

Love My Life

"Queen of the Damned seeks knight in shining piercings for pleasure, pain and purring"--Scary Mary from the Urbz: Sims In The City

"A Famous Explorer once said: 'The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.'"--Lara Croft from Tomb Raider 2013
Test Subject
#34 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 8:45 PM
Saw - never seen it, never really been interested, but decided to give it a go. It was good, extra props for low budget. I didn't find it scary though. I don't think I will be going any further though, 7 films is pushing it.
Test Subject
#35 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 3:54 PM
Jackass 2.

Theorist
#36 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 3:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
What did you think of it?

Well, quite decent I guess. Not really a fan of those cartoon animations though- I'd prefer darker and edgier types like Final Fantasy: ACC or something like that.
Instructor
#37 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 11:33 PM
I just downloaded Beastly, but haven't watched it yet on itunes. I'm hoping to get to watching Underworld this week if work doesn't get too busy.
Test Subject
#38 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 9:34 PM
I watched Rango a couple of days ago for the third time. I still never get tired of that movie.
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 4:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AkiMiyu
I watched Rango a couple of days ago for the third time. I still never get tired of that movie.

heh, yeah

at first i was kinda turned off by the characters(they all looked gangly), but it's actually really funny, spoofing western films' cliches

as for me, it was bucky larson: born to be a star, some scene made me cringe, if you like crude/gross humor you might wanna give it a shot
Test Subject
#40 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 5:18 AM
Cowboys & Aliens. May not be a timeless classic, but it's a fun ride.

I’m not weird…
I’m slightly unusual by societal standards.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#41 Old 25th Jan 2012 at 8:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GigaRevival
I just watched Pan's Labyrinth (finally).

Everyone said it was good, but I still went into it with relatively low expectations. I thought it was amazing and so well-done. Although, this guy......severely scared the shit out of me.

I KNOW RIGHT?!! loved that scene

hmm last movie I watched. Finally got around to watching 5 Centimeters per Second. Voices of a Distant Star is one of those movies that I'm gonna remember forever and I tried not to to go into this movie with too much expectations but once I realized it was more or less another story about a long distance relationship I had to roll my eyes. I guess it's well done but I lost interest by the third act. oh wellz
Inventor
#42 Old 25th Jan 2012 at 12:59 PM
Edgeplay

A very good documentary, one of the better I've seen.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 26th Jan 2012 at 4:40 PM
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (the new one). I haven't seen the Swedish version but I did read the book. The film is very true to the novel in most regards. They left out a couple of the not as important, at least in my opinion, sub plots from the novel. It was easy to follow even if you hadn't read the book. The opening credits were absolutely brilliant. I saw it twice, that's how much I enjoyed it. It's pretty long, at least by today's standards, but I wasn't bored at all.

Say no to bug babies.
Scholar
#44 Old 26th Jan 2012 at 10:31 PM
15 minutes. It's about Russian murders filming their murders or something.
Rubric Wrangler
#45 Old 27th Jan 2012 at 1:11 PM
The Artist. A little slow in the middle, but very beautiful and charming. And it has the cutest dog ever!

The meadows are in bloom:
who has ever seen such insolence?

simblr
Scholar
#46 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 6:31 PM
Just watched Ninja Scroll and it was really good! :D
Field Researcher
#47 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 10:06 PM
Le fabuleux destin d'Amelie Poulain. I had been intending to watch it for a long time, and it exceeded my expectations.
Mad Poster
#48 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 11:23 PM
Part of the Dark Shadows, not sure if it counts.

I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT.
Theorist
#49 Old 30th Jan 2012 at 12:15 AM
Watched the live action movies of Death Note. Well, in some aspects, it's more realistic than the anime version; but I don't really like how they made unnecessary changes on the scenes (such as the bus-hijacking incident). The rest is fine though.
Test Subject
#50 Old 31st Jan 2012 at 9:00 PM
the frankenstein syndrome.. Interesting take on the frankenstein theory
Page 2 of 6