Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Nov 2011 at 11:12 PM Last edited by heaven : 1st Dec 2011 at 3:52 PM.
Default TS3 Calendar: Chat Thread
This is the official chat thread for our Calendar Contest!

Here you can post chatty stuff about the contest like:
  • Awesome! I want to join!
  • ”The entries are great! My favorite is Simmer1234’s entry for March!”
  • Various other chattery type things - but please do not spam! Remember, we have a Private Message system so this thread is not for conversations you could easily have via PM or IM.

You can also post:
  • Pictures for a third, fourth, etc entry - you're only allowed two months/official entries per person, but if you have more shots, post them here!
  • If your month fills up before you get a chance to enter it, post your pictures for everyone to see!
  • If you don’t want to compete for various reasons but still want to share your pictures.
  • If you have pictures that don't fit exactly and still want to share.

Please remember to BE NICE! - You can post comments on the entries but don't be mean about it. Positive stuff or nicely-put constructive comments only! Remember, the main point of this contest is FUN!

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 3:49 PM
I made a really good pic for the 4th of July, but since it doesn't have sims in it, it was taken in sunset valley, but I wanted to ask if it was okay, I'll upload it in a couple hours, school, u know?

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 3:51 PM
Since you have already entered your 2 months, any additional shots can be put here, just to share with others.

"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Inventor
#4 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 3:54 PM Last edited by GigaRevival : 1st Dec 2011 at 3:57 PM. Reason: filler words are the bane of my existence
heaven: Let's say that a certain someone has absolutely horrid resolution issues and needed to sharpen it +1 just to get it to look normal; that would count toward editing correct? (I know, stupid question; but just thought I would ask). ; )

"Goonies never say die."
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 3:57 PM
I'd tell that someone that if I can't tell it's been edited, I can't prove it.

Inventor
#6 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 3:58 PM
*previous comment was just an illusion* waves hand.

Thanks heaven!

"Goonies never say die."
Site Helper
#7 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 6:10 PM Last edited by Ghost sdoj : 1st Dec 2011 at 7:49 PM.
I liked this shot, but does it say "June" to anyone else?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edit: Never mind. I'm going to enter it as June.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 10:58 PM
Would this picture be okay for July?

Link: http://i.imgur.com/PxhK3.jpg

Also @Ghost sdoj, that's a really good shot but to me it definitely speaks spring rather than summer, because of the green.

I'm either gonna enter the july one above or this one:

Link:http://i.imgur.com/cjxl3.jpg

Hit me with your opinions!

GTA V
Site Helper
#9 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 11:22 PM
Early summer -is- green and full of flowers. "May flowers" seem to come out in the last week of May. It's not until late summer that things start getting brown.

Haven't you ever heard "What is so rare as a day in June? Then, if ever, come perfect days." And a nice romantic "evening" is more likely to be an anniversary by the time you have two snoopy kids. (Fairies are often nocturnal, so "evening" for them is early morning for us.) This was why I had it in June.

But thank you for giving me your opinion, even though it's a bit late now. I already entered it in June. I do appreciate it.

I love the one with the fireworks, but I'm getting the impression that the one with the sim in it would do better in the contest.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 11:51 PM
To be frank, it should have a sim in it, as said in the top paragraph. Should be a scene with sims in it, rather than just by itself. The fireworks one is still very nice to see though.

Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 2nd Dec 2011 at 12:02 AM
All righty, thank you, I'll enter the sim one...

GTA V
Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
#12 Old 2nd Dec 2011 at 12:19 AM
Alrighty, I like to make nice pictures, so I wanted to share my ideas for this contest
I'm not entering, so I thought maybe someone will get some inspiration from them :D

Spring/Summer moths.

Winter months.

For more Sims 3 stuff by me - visit Ace Creators
My FB Fan page - Elexis's Sims Stuff
My Simblr - ElexisSims
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 2nd Dec 2011 at 12:28 AM
How'd you make it snow?

GTA V
Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
#14 Old 2nd Dec 2011 at 12:49 AM
There's such thing as Fog Emitter in Sims 3, you can make snow, rain and fog with it.
(There's a tutorial on MTS on how to use it, I think)

For more Sims 3 stuff by me - visit Ace Creators
My FB Fan page - Elexis's Sims Stuff
My Simblr - ElexisSims
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 2nd Dec 2011 at 12:57 AM
Yeah there is, I just didn't know it could do that...

GTA V
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#16 Old 2nd Dec 2011 at 2:24 AM Last edited by porkypine : 2nd Dec 2011 at 3:10 AM.
Well Darn! If I had started my project earlier (but couldn't because TS3 Pets wasn't out yet. ) We could have finished making the horse parade stuff for AUGUST!

So, just pretend these are pictures of SIMS! lol

Here's real life samples! These guys are Crow Fair parade. 3rd weekend in August, every year.

Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#17 Old 2nd Dec 2011 at 3:02 AM
Here's Shoshone-Bannock parade - 2nd weekend in August - Fort Hall, Idaho!

Old style guys - bareback

My nephew. :0) He's HUGE now.. and I remember when he was a little guy! lol

Modern 'pony' - Can't stop Vivian! :0)
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 2nd Dec 2011 at 5:49 PM
I have a question. We aren't allowed to submit pictures with pay custom content in it, right? What about Store content? I know you have to pay for them, but they're official content and we can still get them for free if we register our games. Are Store content okay or not?

I said a bow string, not a G -- oh, never mind.
My Simblr
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#19 Old 2nd Dec 2011 at 6:29 PM
Store content is ok. We consider Store stuff to be like EP stuff (except more overpriced).

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 2nd Dec 2011 at 10:23 PM
Definitely overpriced, some stuff goes for like 5 dollars, not worth it, although the massage chair is cool.

GTA V
Site Helper
#21 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 4:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Riptide651
I don;t know if this goes into the chat thread or not, but I really think this contest needs more publicizing. Like, sending a PM to all members or more news or a publicizing thread, idk... Advertisement in general

As an Official Contest it is still in the news on the front page. Other stuff has started drowning it out, though.

We could have Contestant avatars. That seemed to work well at S2C to advertise contests, without irritating people who have no interest in it. Or you could add the link to your sig if you want to advertise it more.

(And yes, I'm willing to make avatars if we want them. )

Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 11:52 PM
all right I'll edit my dog, I you want, feel free to make avatars, but that's your decision. Thank you for the details on that.

GTA V
Field Researcher
#23 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 7:58 AM
I think most people just need some time to prepare pictures that suit them, not everyone posts during the day one and awaits results anxiously. After all, there are 25 more days to go, I do believe the thread will be filled with contestants by then.

Noone expects the spanish inquisition!
My simblr and my downloads blog .
Field Researcher
#24 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 1:37 PM
I spotted the thread in the rotating news banner, myself.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#25 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 6:41 PM
Oh! Redhead Creations. Your August entry makes me nervous. When she is that pregnant, should she be lifting a toddler? Am loving all the new entries!

Page 1 of 4