Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Grand, Fancy Panel Walls

by iCad Posted 5th Dec 2011 at 9:27 AM
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 1:44 PM
There are many walls in-game that are quite brilliant, but limited (especially by the colour options). This particular wall is a really nice one. I see you have added your iCad flare for detailing to it and given us a broader colour spectrum (with a "few" bonus walls as well), which is great!

And the Maxis Matches/Recolours collections grow. Thanks for sharing these.

P.S. - I totally "get" the "pure white" thing. In game, it tends to make you feel you are staring at the brightest ray of sunlight. It's hard to build with pure white shades. Yes, opting for grey tones is a necessity with objects and with textures.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 2:31 PM
These are so beautiful! I already know several homes and community lots that could use these panels. Thanks for giving us another great download!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 3:08 PM
I love this set, the detail and variety of colors, and the matching capabilities. Thanks for creating and sharing them.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 5:08 PM
These are great! Thanks for sharing them!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 8:46 PM Last edited by MacApple : 5th Dec 2011 at 8:48 PM. Reason: spelling
This is just perfect for my most recent project. I'm building a Christmas/Holiday themed set of houses, and the "white" gilded walls are exactly what I need for my Ice Castle house. Thank you muchly.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 10:02 PM
These are quite nice--you are exploding my downloads folder and I love it. grazie--
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 12:12 AM
Awesomeness aimed for & awesomeness achieved!

Coolness!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#9 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 10:20 AM
Beautiful work ! Your recolors are amazing. Thank you so much for sharing
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 9:28 PM
Walls are superb. Absolutely love them! Thanks for sharing!
Undead Molten Llama
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#11 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 11:28 PM
As always, thanks for the comments, everyone. I'm very glad that others might find a use for these. They were labor-intensive to make (Thank God for Wacom tablets that make tiny selections easier for those of us with incipient carpal tunnel syndrome!), but I was pleased with how they came out. Anyway:

@StephSim: Yeah, in real life very few things are actually pure white. Or pure black, for that matter. Most things are various shades of gray. And in the game's lighting, pure white just...glares, yes. And yes, Maxis makes some really nice but, in the end, ultimately useless walls...which does bad things to me. Or, they'll make useful walls in absolutely hideous eye-piercingly bright colors...which again does bad things to me. Must...fix...

@BurgundyStars: I'm glad you have lots that need these. I now have grand, dangerous visions of trying to make an actual palace, God help me...

@MacApple: I can almost picture those "white" walls in a holiday-decorated room with a Christmas tree and a pine-bedecked mantle with a wreath over it and lots of red-and-green decoration. I bet it'll look really pretty! So, I'm glad these were timely for you.
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#12 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 12:11 AM
I felt so limited when making fancy shmancy mansions. There were only a few Maxis panels I like using. So glad to have these options from you, they are lovely.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 10:01 AM
Lovely. :3 Thank you for these, gonna help a lot.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 9:15 PM
you are so awesome! I end up never using any paneled wall in my game (not since I discovered custom contents, duh) because I don't like the Maxis ones, and I really needed something like this. thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 8th Dec 2011 at 4:54 PM
GREAT idea! these were definitely underutilized by maxis, despite being amazing walls!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 10th Dec 2011 at 1:10 AM
The original white gilded panel is one of my favorite walls, so I'm glad you made these recolors. They're gorgeous, thank you! <3
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator THANKS POST
#17 Old 10th Dec 2011 at 4:26 PM
OoOoOOoOo Nice job! Thanks!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#18 Old 4th Feb 2012 at 2:27 AM
just grand.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#19 Old 17th Sep 2013 at 1:42 AM
Thanks! Love your colors!