Replies: 1820 (Who?), Viewed: 242176 times.
Page 2 of 73
Forum Resident
#26 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54
EA missed that boat with LN, with the velvet rope things. I think you can set the bribe amount, but it's not really the same as setting a price of entry.


Well if they can make an expansion to an expansion, what's holding them back from trying a second time with some of their other failures? Worth a shot at least
Mad Poster
#27 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 10:18 PM
The point is LN do exist. The singing and performing should have been included. Now if there is the ability to create open restaurants and theaters is a feature then that is fantastic. I think that should have been in the base game. Just saying.

I am not knocking EA's money making scheme, but I thought they could be more creative. IMHO.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzetter
If it included open restaurants and spas that would be a miracle. If the theaters were open spaces and we had some audience control that would be good. (No sims wandering on stage mid performance and mucking things up). However, EA has given no indication of having the capacity to create and include something so logical in the game.

Also, I'm skeptical that they will be open venues since EA was idiotic enough to make a 4 x 4 tree house a rabbit hole. The thing is as big a kid's bedroom so there was no reason for that tree house to be a rabbit hole. Still there is a part of me that hopes with each EP that its a new day and they'll do something right for a change. Though EA's past performance with TS3 EPs has taught me not to run out and buy them right away anymore.

So being simultanusly hopeful and doubtful my stance is "we'll see"


And not even the option to build your own treehouse.

I guess I was just being hopeful about open restaurants and spas. I seriously doubt SHT will include such things. Then again, they are probably being saved for another EP. There is $ at stake here, after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54
EA missed that boat with LN, with the velvet rope things. I think you can set the bribe amount, but it's not really the same as setting a price of entry.


Perhaps EA could overwrite the ropes by adding a new "set fee" option? Why make a new set of ropes, otherwise? Then, they can throw in a ticket pole thingy like from OFB.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#29 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 10:22 PM
JUST realized that this game could use a those of the curved staircases from BOTH Superstar and Makin' Magic - the games they we're inspired by. We don't seem to be getting any REAL build items this time around.

We shall wait, and see...

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarity
If late night didnt exist people would go crazy for about singing and DJ-ing and superstar stuff in general. Late night being a thing for some reason makes people get angry about it?

Nobody cried about superstar being "hot date expansion expansion", so why is this "late night expansion expansion"?? Just becuase they didnt give you what you wanted for night life doesnt mean it isn't worth its own expansion...what the heck!!!


No one is getting angry about singing and DJ-ing, those sound like interesting and cool features, but it seems to me like EA is trying to make us pay twice for one expansion, after the trailer many people thought that singing will be a part of Late Night but EA just got us hooked on an idea, obviously so that they can now make a double profit.

The social features are the source of anger, for me anyway, and if you take the social stuff from the description what are you left with? To me it is just few more Late Night features, especially since the celebrity system already exists, its just additional ways to play a celebrity sim, of course it doesn't mean that they are not great ways to play, it's just not enough for entire new expansion in my opinion.

But it's still very early, so we all might yet be surprised.
Theorist
#31 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 10:44 PM
I just hope that since they're basically releasing LN 2.0 that they actually flesh out the game and make it much better than super star.

Hi I'm Paul!
Scholar
#32 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 11:51 PM
The Sims 3: Stuff-That-We-Forget-To-Include-In-Late-Night-And-An-Expansion-Pack-That-Will-Take-All-Your-Bucks-Out-Of-Your-Pocket seems a bit better to me to replace the Showtime name. *sigh* EA...

Hey there! :)
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisb40
If they include weather, if only a thunderstorm, then it might be a saving grace for EA. :


Whoah.... lets not even go there. I like weather but if EA ever tries to cram in features such as this, you can expect its likely to be half arsed and poorly done. I prefer that we have an expansion that focuses on weather and seasons itself.
Alchemist
#34 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexylu
The social features are the source of anger, for me anyway, and if you take the social stuff from the description what are you left with? To me it is just few more Late Night features, especially since the celebrity system already exists, its just additional ways to play a celebrity sim, of course it doesn't mean that they are not great ways to play, it's just not enough for entire new expansion in my opinion.


I agree. They should sell it to us with a price of a Stuff Pack, instead of EP's.
Mad Poster
#35 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aurica
Whoah.... lets not even go there. I like weather but if EA ever tries to cram in features such as this, you can expect its likely to be half arsed and poorly done. I prefer that we have an expansion that focuses on weather and seasons itself.


This is true and I agreed with you. I was just trying to justify some other addition to make it not be just a Late Night part 2. For me the "new" features are just annoying, like someone else said, EA is fleshing it out. If there was an EP that focus on weather, I don't have any hope it will be exciting or more of the piecemeal they like to do. Maybe a thunderstorm without rain and lightening. Saved for the next EP.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Instructor
#36 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 12:38 AM
If Singers can't join/perform in bands, I will chuck a bitch fit.
Inventor
#37 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 2:20 AM
IMO...

Things this has going for it (confirmed through description and possibilities): the possibility of opening rabbitholes and gaining open venues (such as a theater, stage, restaurants, or spa), the possibility of giving us interactions and items from the original EPs that inspired it (such as the spa items, sushi cart, runway, fury, chemistry, bowling, the photo booth, cake dancers, mimes, catering, performing clowns, etc), singing, DJs, other performance/theatrical related career paths, the possibility of karaoke and karaoke bars, hate/fan mail, etc

Things that I'm not excited about (confirmed through description and possibilities): the social features, more connections to social networking, the potential for the chatting system to be abused (I can't tell you how many times per day that I get messaged from some random spambot or strip-teaser via Yahoo chat), the potential to nuke the game to smoldering ashes with these new social options, that new gameplay (animations, actions, items, careers, objects, CAS options, sliders, patterns, etc) was sacrificed in favor of the social networking stuff, that the new social networking stuff will be in a patch and forced upon all players, running the social network options while playing will slow the game down, that all this stuff will break custom content again, that even though it seems like LN 2.0 the gameplay will not mingle, not learning from past mistakes, glitches, nothing repaired in the patches, broken Store content, and more mediocre traits.

Shy, Clumsy, Insane, Artistic, Hopeless Romantic, Cat Person, Supernatural Fan

Art tumblr
deviantart
Eminence Grise
#38 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 3:10 AM
I am anti "social options" in general... if what they're talking about is Facebook-style in-your-face spam-your-so-called-"friends" style social networking. Anything that pushes you to do that, rewards you for doing it or (especially) punishes you for NOT doing it, I would hate. So it depends on how it's implemented.

But I have to admit... being able to visit a friend's hood with one of my sims... might actually be fun *GASP* So if it's an option that's unobtrusively available to take advantage of when I want it, then cool Played some Viva Pinata back in the day... XBox gardening game, a lot more interesting than it sounds, heh... anyway that had a similar feature, which I tried a couple of times and enjoyed

I am however very concerned about the technical implementation of this. What if my sim is wearing some CC clothing, or uses custom sliders, etc etc, that my friend doesn't have installed? Seems like a recipe for all kinds of bugginess (in other words, just like downloading sims from the Exchange )

As for chatting while playing, I am for that in general. I've been doing that for years using xfire, and nowadays every distributor seems to have a similar feature (Steam, Games for Windows Live, Direct2Drive, and yes, Origin, to mention only 3 ). That means, of course, that I don't need that to be a feature in a Sims EP, since I have it covered multiple ways... but I'm not opposed to it either. You shouldn't get spam if you limit your friends list to, like, your actual friends

As for the OTHER gameplay features... open venues are fine, but the performance orientation is kinda not my thing at all :/ Between that and the Music and Acting careers we already have, EVERY SIM IN TOWN is gonna be some kind of a media personality... that may be what SOME players want, but surely there are a few sane grownups who realize that most people live a contented life outside the public eye, and that is perhaps where real happiness lies
Field Researcher
#39 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 3:16 AM
I wish they would open up the restaurants. And spas would be awesome. I wonder what the creature will be?

Here is some images on this site that you guys may be interested in looking at.
http://simsvip.com/?p=3955
Forum Resident
#40 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 3:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srikandi
I am however very concerned about the technical implementation of this. What if my sim is wearing some CC clothing, or uses custom sliders, etc etc, that my friend doesn't have installed? Seems like a recipe for all kinds of bugginess (in other words, just like downloading sims from the Exchange )


I brought up the same concern earlier in the other thread. I really hope whatever the hell they do with this Passort stuff is not as bad as the Exchange and all it's bugginess.
Scholar
#41 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 3:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by haricots
The Sims 3: Stuff-That-We-Forget-To-Include-In-Late-Night-And-An-Expansion-Pack-That-Will-Take-All-Your-Bucks-Out-Of-Your-Pocket seems a bit better to me to replace the Showtime name. *sigh* EA...


STWFTIILNAAEPTWTAYBOOYP isn't a feasible acronym for that so guess I'll stick with SHT. :cylon:
Instructor
#42 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 4:25 AM
http://simsvip.com/?p=3955

Regarding the second picture - wth? Is she meant to be like.. a magicican? A witch? Glowing Orb of Doom?
I doubt people are going to be happy if they decide to squeeze a tiny bit of "magic" in with this EP (I for one am not fussed, although I would love to make me some Wiccans).

Seriously though. What on earth?
Test Subject
#43 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 4:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by haricots
The Sims 3: Stuff-That-We-Forget-To-Include-In-Late-Night-And-An-Expansion-Pack-That-Will-Take-All-Your-Bucks-Out-Of-Your-Pocket seems a bit better to me to replace the Showtime name. *sigh* EA...


Yo Dawg, I heard you like expansions so I made an expansion for your expansion so you can play your expansion while playing an expansion...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#44 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 4:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsNervousSubject
http://simsvip.com/?p=3955

Regarding the second picture - wth? Is she meant to be like.. a magicican? A witch? Glowing Orb of Doom?
I doubt people are going to be happy if they decide to squeeze a tiny bit of "magic" in with this EP (I for one am not fussed, although I would love to make me some Wiccans).

Seriously though. What on earth?


I think it will be a combination of both stage and classical magic. Stage Magicians don't just conjure up glowing balls of energy. Like any good performer, you have to practice be be good at what you do, so I assume magic will be a skill, like DJing, and Singing, etc. You start off with stage magic, little rabbit-out-of-a-hat tricks (I guess) and work your way up to doing real magic and spells.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Theorist
#45 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 4:44 AM
At least the non-social networking related stuff looks okay. Wouldn't be surprised if they made a true vacation EP after this though, seeing how Showtime is similar to Late Night.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#46 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 4:47 AM
Well, EA can STILL do a lot with vacations without the game being the same as World Adventures. Combining that with seasons would be lovely - just like the original from the Sims 1.

Igloo's and the snowboarding half pipe... <3

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Instructor
#47 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 4:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54
I think it will be a combination of both stage and classical magic. Stage Magicians don't just conjure up glowing balls of energy. Like any good performer, you have to practice be be good at what you do, so I assume magic will be a skill, like DJing, and Singing, etc. You start off with stage magic, little rabbit-out-of-a-hat tricks (I guess) and work your way up to doing real magic and spells.


I would be pretty happy with that. I just want MAGIC. I don't really care how they implement it (as long is it isn't just stage magic) but I would prefer Sims 1 style magic.

Also, we kind of knew that Showtime was going to be sh**, after all, it's SHT!

My true to life tumblr: http://smargent.tumblr.com/
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#48 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 4:57 AM
I'm not sure if spell casting and creation would work well here, but it they include it to give it depth, not just a feature, I'm all for it. Even a few books to read would be fine.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Scholar
#49 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 5:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain THPS4
At least the non-social networking related stuff looks okay. Wouldn't be surprised if they made a true vacation EP after this though, seeing how Showtime is similar to Late Night.


No thanks.

We have space left for, what, 2 Expansion Packs?

Idealistically those spots would go to an Open For Business style EP which allows for open restaurants/stores etc., and then one for seasons.

World Adventures may not have been the ideal "Vacation" EP, but it was Vacation with a The Sims 3 twist. There are more important things to perfect in The Sims 3 than vacations.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
Scholar
#50 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 5:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54
I'm not sure if spell casting and creation would work well here, but it they include it to give it depth, not just a feature, I'm all for it. Even a few books to read would be fine.


I don't think they're talking witches and wizard magicians, I think they're talking stage magicians. Less Harry Potter, more Siegfried and Roy.

Brb, downloading white tigers in preparation.
Page 2 of 73
Back to top