Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Retro Realty - '70s Modern Family Home

by missroxor Posted 12th Dec 2011 at 9:46 AM

20 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 3 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 1:15 PM
Wow............i¡ll start making 70's sims!!!
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator THANKS POST
#3 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 3:57 PM
I have to tell you, I am not a fan of modern and the colors of the 70's make me ill but this house is fantastic! The drive and set-up is superb! Very, very well done!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 4:36 PM
This is awesome! What a wonderful design and lay-out. The decor is perfect. You've done a fabulous job.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 5:22 PM
This is a very 70's house. SO MUCH SHAG!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 7:02 PM
This house would look fantastic next to the Bunch's house in Sunset Valley. Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 6:16 AM
I hate you, this is such an awesome house.

This is tops on my list!

Good job! Keep 'em comin'!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#8 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 5:31 PM
Very original lot and so beautifully made ! Thanks a lot for sharing
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 7:09 PM
This is lovely! I love the style, both inside and out, and it's decorated to perfection!

Sim Fans UK - Free downloads, tutorials, game help and chat!

I'm selling my vBulletin 4 suite - please contact me if you are interested in buying it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 14th Dec 2011 at 12:57 AM
Very nice,I didn't see a lot size though.
The other one
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#11 Old 14th Dec 2011 at 6:28 AM
Thank-you all for your lovely comments

@curmudheon_15: Lot sizes are always toward the bottom of the overview page. The upload system displays it in the old TS2 format of 2x3 but it's 20x30 for TS3.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator THANKS POST
#12 Old 23rd Dec 2011 at 12:20 PM
so groovy, thank you
Test Subject
#13 Old 31st Dec 2011 at 8:00 PM
I personally think this is not really for the public. It has too much CC and pretty much all the expansion/stuff packs in. However, I went ahead to get all the CC and found it to be alright. Not worth all the trouble though. I must give thanks for making me get all the CC because it may help me build my own house. Thanks but in a non-offensive way, no thanks.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 6th Jan 2012 at 6:38 PM
This is amazing, I wish I had pets so I could play it right now
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 31st Jan 2012 at 2:30 PM
What Is that van? I want that!
The other one
Original Poster
#16 Old 9th Feb 2012 at 5:10 AM
Oops, just seeing the comments now, sorry for the late reply.

LeetSparkeh, I get what you're saying but as I said in the overview I made this house for a 70s house contest so downloaders weren't my priority when I was choosing what to put in it; the priority was being accurate with the theme. I just liked the way it turned out so thought i'd put it on here in case anyone else liked it enough to DL it. Also, I did try to split the store items (no actuall cc) into things you really needed for functionality and things that could easily be replaced so nobody felt they had to get all the items.

mariaaaanna, I'm sorry, I wish I could remember how much was pets but you can stil DL it without the EP, just means those objects will be replaced by objects you do have

f0rtun3, that's an in-game thing that came with one of the EPs (I wanna say Gens?). It's in the buydebug menu as far as I remember.

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 12th Feb 2012 at 3:26 PM
I haven't been able to play it, but it really looks amazing! I was just wondering how much of it has stuff from the fast lane pack. :o I've been meaning to get it but its the last on my list of stuff packs to get, tbh. I didn't want to install if I didn't have all the schtuff, so yeah...
The other one
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#18 Old 12th Feb 2012 at 4:35 PM
Luckily it's slightly easier to remember the stuff pack items than the EP items The only thing I think you would definitely miss/need to replace is the 2 orange bar stools which are definitely FLS. I remember trying to decide whether or not to use a wall hanging from it too (shelf of record sleeves) but don't see it in the pics so not sure if I did in the end. Lastly, the wall hanging in the teen room; the little pink teddy painting, I don't remember if that was FLS or not.

Really, I don't think it'll be an issue to DL without FLS, just choose alternative bar stools and CAST them the same orange that's on the dresser in the dining room...unless you wanna choose your own design Hope that helps and that I haven't missed anything
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 4:50 PM
Great House I love it, thanks for sharing!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 27th Jun 2016 at 12:52 PM
This is AWESOME!! You did an incredible job creating this beauty!
Test Subject
#21 Old 7th May 2018 at 5:41 PM
This is just incredible. I wish this could be converted over to The Sims 4. The Sims 4 really needs more retro CC. This is really just what i was looking for and sadly it is for The Sims 3. I may have to break down and get Sims 3.