Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Faster cooking, slower eating and other tweaks

by himawara106 Posted 18th Jan 2012 at 6:54 PM - Updated 20th Oct 2019 at 11:53 AM by himawara106

74 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 33 Feedback Posts, 40 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 18th Jan 2012 at 7:28 PM
I was hoping someone would make something like this! Thanks!

There's other stuff out there that needs to me tweaked! haha
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 18th Jan 2012 at 9:02 PM
Thank you, very useful!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 18th Jan 2012 at 9:04 PM
Thank you so much for updating this. I've been wanting a slower eating mod and I will test this out.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 18th Jan 2012 at 11:30 PM
Thank you ! I always thought it was silly to have the sims ate and then ciao ! they never mind if the others aren't finished already lol
I will use it right now XD
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 19th Jan 2012 at 3:02 AM
Any chance we can get them as two separate mods? I'm gonna use both, but some might not want to.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 19th Jan 2012 at 4:34 AM
thank you!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#8 Old 19th Jan 2012 at 4:59 AM
That's really wonderful mod! On the other hand I experienced in real life, cooking takes indeed a long time, and while cooking, the family asks repeatedly how long it still will take. When served, the meal is quickly away and gone - as well as the family - and a frustrated housewife may clean up the kitchen :-((
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 19th Jan 2012 at 7:46 AM
Thank you very much for this mod. It was much needed. : )
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 19th Jan 2012 at 8:44 AM
Thank you for this mod. I have been wishing the eating with Sim family and friends was more of a social event as in Sims 2. Now thanks to you we have that again.

Kudos
Scholar
THANKS POST
#11 Old 19th Jan 2012 at 10:31 AM
Eat slow.... Don't speed and it's just like Sims 2 -)

Thank you so much =D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 19th Jan 2012 at 2:37 PM
Thank you ! Thank you ! Thank you soo much ! At last my families will be able to eat together ! I was so hoping someone would update that old mod.
Did I already said thanks to you ?
Oh well ! Doesn't matter, its' worth quite a few more thanks. So thanks again...
Inventor
Original Poster
#13 Old 19th Jan 2012 at 8:48 PM
Hey guys! Thank you very much for your lovely comments! I myself hate to cook but like to eat and talk.
So with this mod the sims are becoming more realistically for me.
:D

You never know what’s comin’ for ya.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 20th Jan 2012 at 4:51 PM
that was really great idea thank you very much
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 1:17 AM
I tried your mod and I love it. I always hated how my sims would take something around 2 hours to cook and then eat for maybe 20-30 minutes. The changes in this mod are much more reasonable and preferable.
Test Subject
#16 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 4:34 PM
I like this idea. Is there any change to the rate of skilling for cooking since the cook time is shorter?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 9:14 AM
this is what I'm exactly looking for! thank you very much!
Inventor
Original Poster
#18 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 12:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scurvywench
I like this idea. Is there any change to the rate of skilling for cooking since the cook time is shorter?

I haven't changed anything in the skills file. When testing the mod it didn't seem to me that their rate of skilling is noticeable shorter.

Field Researcher
#19 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 1:04 AM
Quick question... would you be able to make a modification to this mod and upload it separately? Basically giving us a choice between the cook time and eat time.

What I mean is I'll be happy to use this mod, because I agree that they take too long to cook the food, but I don't really want them to eat at a slower rate. I'm the type of player that speeds up the game to get more sim days in before I shut the game down. So could you make a version with the faster cook time and default eat time?
Inventor
Original Poster
#20 Old 25th Jan 2012 at 8:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kayleena
Quick question... would you be able to make a modification to this mod and upload it separately? Basically giving us a choice between the cook time and eat time.

What I mean is I'll be happy to use this mod, because I agree that they take too long to cook the food, but I don't really want them to eat at a slower rate. I'm the type of player that speeds up the game to get more sim days in before I shut the game down. So could you make a version with the faster cook time and default eat time?

File added!

Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#21 Old 27th Jan 2012 at 12:00 AM
Thank you!! I will be downloading now. :D
<3
Instructor
#22 Old 5th Feb 2012 at 9:37 AM
Faster cooking Thank you very much
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 12:25 AM
Thanks so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 4:01 PM
Faster painting please, this is a request
Test Subject
#25 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 10:01 PM
Does this work with patch 1.31? Thank you.
Page 1 of 3