Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Build An Arrrrrsland- A piratey place for your buildin' pleasure!

by bakafox Posted 28th Jan 2012 at 5:40 AM - Updated 22nd Jun 2013 at 1:35 PM by bakafox : Clarifying install & Sidewalk points

88 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 55 Feedback Posts, 32 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 5:51 AM
OMG I can't believe I'll be the first comment! I'm honoured.
This is fantastic ! MARVELOUS AMAZING !!
Can't wait to play this word !! THANK YOU SO MUCH !!
I'll die for this..
Scholar
THANKS POST
#3 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 7:08 AM
Your island really looks marvellous! I've got it now and install it immediately, decorating it with castaway items! Thank you so much for your great work! You saved my weekend!!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 9:52 AM
Thank you <3
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator THANKS POST
#5 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 10:41 AM Last edited by simsample : 28th Jan 2012 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Spelling!
Wow, this is great! I'm going to build this into a vacation destination for my sims.

Thank you Baka!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#6 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 10:56 AM
This looks great, look forward to trying it out, thank you!
Inventor
THANKS POST
#7 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 11:01 AM
Wow, this little world looks fantastic - very much like a real home for pirates and such... - love it. Great work!
mature minion
retired moderator THANKS POST
#8 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 12:30 PM
Looks great and I love the themed intro text

Good job bakafox! :D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 1:17 PM
Default \o/
Thanks everyone! Hope you all like it as much once you've gotten it out of the treasure chest
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#10 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 2:14 PM
Cool. It would be a great for my traveler. Thank you very much.
Test Subject
#11 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 4:50 PM
I'm stuck at being able to extract the files. It says the file is locked, and if I'm suppose to put part.2 inside the password box I can not. Is that what I'm suppose to do? Or am I completely in the wrong direction? (By the way my .rar extractor is HamsterArchiver)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 5:53 PM
You've given me a whole new way of playing TS3, thank you so much!
Forum Resident
#13 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 6:58 PM
I've got a quick question - when you say there are real sidewalks under the trails, are you meaning that the sidewalks are buried under the ground slightly and the trails are painted on; or that the sidewalks use custom texture to look like trails (which is what most people do).
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 9:58 PM
Darn it, Jzip keeps telling me that the files fail the integrity test and that they're corrupted. I've downloaded them several times ...but it refuses to open them.
Someone please suggest a program that worked for you to get these open? I'd love to build in this world. I'm very nearly done with the medieval world I've been working on for the last month (it also has no roads, which I love, I just wish it were a little bigger, it's a small world, which is hard for the horses at times) and I was thinking I might see what would happen if I started putting my existing lots down in this one...see if it has more room for the horses so I could have bigger lots....
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 11:40 PM
I cannot seem to be able to install this, it says the file is broken. I use 7zip for extracting, and when I try to install the sims3pack, it tells me my game is not update enough but I have the latest patch. When I try to use the decrapifier, it tells me the file is corrupted.

I have gone out to find myself. If you see me before I get back, please let me know where I'll be.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 11:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by skmt999
I've got a quick question - when you say there are real sidewalks under the trails, are you meaning that the sidewalks are buried under the ground slightly and the trails are painted on; or that the sidewalks use custom texture to look like trails (which is what most people do).

Sidewalks are using a custom opacity level, which renders them basically invisible.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 11:53 PM
Default Install errors:
For people having troubles unrar-ing and installing the files, here's the MTS guide to multipart files installs, which I am also going to put link to in overview:
http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...ulti-part_files
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#18 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 1:24 AM
Oh yes, please make a Lots version! I will definitely be using this world REGULARLY--it's perfect!!! I-I mean: Arrrr!
Test Subject
#19 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 3:18 AM
I've followed the directions and I cannot get the second part out of the file no matter what I do. 7zip says the file is broken.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 3:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by prettyevil
I've followed the directions and I cannot get the second part out of the file no matter what I do. 7zip says the file is broken.

Unfortunately I can't think of any reason that'd still be happening, I'm not familiar with 7zip. It might be you have to rename the .rar files a little to make it fit what it expects? Does it give a message as to what file it is looking for after it's dealt with part 1?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 3:49 AM
Got it! There must have been a corruption with my first download; I redownloaded and it extracted fine. Looks so cute in game. Thanks!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 4:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by prettyevil
Got it! There must have been a corruption with my first download; I redownloaded and it extracted fine. Looks so cute in game. Thanks!

Oh good! Glad to know it got worked out!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#23 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 5:06 AM
This shizzz owns, and I played it before it come out but :d
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#24 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 7:30 AM
I don't usually download worlds, but I had to have this one! This world is amazing! I wish I could go there myself! I love all the little details, waterfalls, caves etc. You really put a lot of thought and work into it.
Forum Resident
#25 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 7:57 AM
I can't wait to see it when you've made lots for it, but I was wondering if you could add one now? I was trying to use it as a vacation destination with NRAAS Traveller Mod and it doesn't work, probably because the game has no place to put the sims?
Page 1 of 4