Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#26 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 12:16 AM
I was surprised myself. I guess Katy Perry really is working with EA like some articles had stated. I just didn't think it would be to this extent.
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 12:20 AM
EA has lost me as a customer.

waiter, there's a conundrum in my soup
The Adom Legacy
Test Subject
#28 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 12:24 AM
Does this mean we will get a hard rock themed stuff pack next? I want to dress a sim up as Axl Rose. All music genres must get equal representation.
Alchemist
#29 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 12:26 AM
This is beyond pathetic. Now I'm mad.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 12:29 AM
I have no words.

. . .

NO WORDS.

*huddles in deep, dark corner blasting Slayer*

EXORCISE THE POP MUSICIANS . . . *crowd chants*

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Instructor
#31 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 12:55 AM
You know, with the Katy Perry limited edition showtime thingy, I was like WHATEVS, no skin off my teeth--I can still enjoy SHT without her in it. Now I have no other option if I want to get this SP (which I don't, obviously).

Maybe it is meant to be an April Fool's joke and it's just two weeks early?

EDIT: Also, I love OPI nailpolish and there is a Katy Perry collection. I was mildly annoyed when I first saw it and thought to myself, "Get out of my favorite nailpolish brand, ye wench." At least Katy Perry nailpolish makes sense. I don't get what she's doing re: video games.
Forum Resident
#32 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 12:56 AM
Wow that's kind of messed up for people who ordered the limited version with all the Katy Perry crap for an extra 10 dollars...Then they come out with a stuff pack with more fruits? Glad I bought the regular Showtime. WOw!!!!
Scholar
#33 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 1:17 AM
You have got to be kidding me!

I mean I don't really care about the Stuff Packs to begin with, but wow... That's just ridiculous. That's laughable, in fact. Is everything going to have Katy Perry in it now? =|

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Theorist
#34 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 1:28 AM
Well, they said Showtime was just the beginning of the Katy Perry branded stuff. I kind of expected it to happen, they already did whole stuff packs for H&M and IKEA. The only surprise to me is that it wasn't leaked earlier. Hopefully SP7 will be something that's more for lower class sims.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 1:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Captain THPS4
Well, they said Showtime was just the beginning of the Katy Perry branded stuff. I kind of expected it to happen, they already did whole stuff packs for H&M and IKEA. The only surprise to me is that it wasn't leaked earlier. Hopefully SP7 will be something that's more for lower class sims.

But those Ikea & HM stuffpacks made sense! A celeberity stuffpack.. not so much. Then when you think they already made a collector's edition with her name on it with like 5 or 6 objects 1 hair and 2 outfits for 10$ extra, it's even more outrageous for them to do it again but now as a wasted stuffpack. I mean there are chances for it to be good but the disgusting audacity of EA to pull something like that will forever ruin it for me.

Take in consideration that I'm french and I try my best to write an understandable english :)

[ booboolalaland ] [ goodieslalaland ]
Mad Poster
#36 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 2:06 AM
The furniture and clothing better be GORGEOUS!

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 2:13 AM
Someone please tell me this is some horrible excuse for a joke, or else EA has truly lost it.
Test Subject
#38 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 2:16 AM
Katy Perry? again?

I remember buying the collectors edition of Showtime... I only get her poster, the fruit props.. but not her Simlish songs and Sim itself.
Am really disappointed.
Instructor
#39 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 2:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bij0ux
But those Ikea & HM stuffpacks made sense! A celeberity stuffpack.. not so much. Then when you think they already made a collector's edition with her name on it with like 5 or 6 objects 1 hair and 2 outfits for 10$ extra, it's even more outrageous for them to do it again but now as a wasted stuffpack. I mean there are chances for it to be good but the disgusting audacity of EA to pull something like that will forever ruin it for me.

Agreed--I think a big difference between the other branded stuff and this Katy Perry hoopla is that Katy Perry is VERY divisive, whereas IKEA...not so much. Celebrities in general tend to be more controversial than mediocre stores. It just seems like a bad marketing move. I think there's a reason this has been the first celebrity appearance since Avril Lavigne in TS1.
Scholar
#40 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 3:32 AM
How the hell do they have enough Katy Perry crap to fill a stuff pack?

I mean, a Store collection I could see. Maybe.

But a freaking stuff pack? What, is there a Katy Perry telescope and chemistry set now or something?

Owl_face: IKEA made sense. IKEA sells furniture. The IKEA stuff pack consisted of IKEA furniture. It was obvious. What the hell does Katy Perry do except pretend to be Lady Gaga?

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Instructor
#41 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 3:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zokugai
Owl_face: IKEA made sense. IKEA sells furniture. The IKEA stuff pack consisted of IKEA furniture. It was obvious. What the hell does Katy Perry do except pretend to be Lady Gaga?

That's what I was saying--IKEA makes sense in the Sims, and it's not controversial (very few people are going to be up in arms about an IKEA stuffpack). Katy Perry in the Sims does not make sense, and celebrities in general are controversial, so including any celebrity--much less Katy Perry--in a game is shortsighted.
Mad Poster
#42 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 3:45 AM
The stuff in the IKEA stuff pack was very nice as well. Katy Perry... I don't really see what could come of this? Female Clothing... a bunch of crap from her music videos?

Scholar
#43 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 3:46 AM
Only partially related, but IKEA was the best stuffpack Sims ever had.

Mad Poster
#44 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 3:50 AM
Mansion and Garden was amazing as well, but Ikea... hard to pick. :p

Forum Resident
#45 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 3:59 AM
I don't enjoy Katy Perry's music much but I think the theme can suit people with Childish or Rainbow trait. ^^
Banned
#46 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 4:05 AM
More fantasy fruit stuff sounds good to me, really. So what if it's Katy Perry branded? If they called it "Sweet Treats Stuff" you'd all be eating it up and you know it! Pun completely intended, by the way!
Mad Poster
#47 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 4:24 AM
This makes me feel so icky inside. I was ready to feel happy for you, Frankie, I really really was.
Instructor
#48 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 5:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zokugai
Only partially related, but IKEA was the best stuffpack Sims ever had.

I totally agree! I used the HELL out of that SP!

*has many poor sims
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#49 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 5:46 AM
While it would be free for me, it still wasn't something I had hoped for. I'm sorry, I'm just not a fan of Katy Perry (nothing against her, personally). But I am curious to see what kind of items would actually be included. Would there even be any male-related items? Fruit of the Loom underwear, anyone?
Scholar
#50 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 6:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AdamantEve
More fantasy fruit stuff sounds good to me, really. So what if it's Katy Perry branded? If they called it "Sweet Treats Stuff" you'd all be eating it up and you know it! Pun completely intended, by the way!

Since when do giant fruits count as "fantasy"?

Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Mansion and Garden was amazing as well, but Ikea... hard to pick. :p

In terms of sheer utility, I used Ikea basically every savegame. For extra amusement value, I was at the time living in an Ikea-furnished apartment I completely recreated a few times.

Page 2 of 9