Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Feb 2012 at 5:13 PM Last edited by Sof_m9 : 6th Feb 2012 at 2:04 AM.
Default Please help me with my sims versions of Shirley & Sachi
These are my versions of Shirley MacLaine and daughter Sachi in Sims 2:

I used Kamikitten' porcelain doll skintone and I can't find any similar one for Sims 3. The nose needs to be defined so that I can make it look like a small butterball/piggy nose.

This is how they look in Sims 3
Please, please help me with it. No matter how many times I tweak them in CAS I can't achieve the right look.
I adapt The Exorcist Novel to the Sims 2 and I want to convert it to Sims 3 but I haven't video shooted any scenes yet because I can't stand the look that my Sims 3 have in game. I was told that people on this forum would help me in making my Sims look realistic.

Version 0.2

Close ups of Sachi:

Shirley:

Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 5th Feb 2012 at 5:46 PM
Yay! Good for you! Shirley is so beautiful, isn't she?

I will tell you what I have read on these threads...You need a neutral picture of Shirley (not smiling), just her face, looking forward. Then you need a closer picture of your sim, in game, that is also neutral and looking ahead. That way the folks that help you will have an easier time of it. Post the pictures side by side here.

I would start with Shirley and then do her daughter...you might be able to age down the same sim and make some minor changes as they both look very much alike.

Good luck! I am anxious to see how this turns out as I would love to have Shirley MacLaine in my game!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Feb 2012 at 6:36 PM Last edited by leesester : 5th Feb 2012 at 9:22 PM. Reason: Merged posts: 3773852, 3773963
Quote: Originally posted by rian90
Yay! Good for you! Shirley is so beautiful, isn't she?

I will tell you what I have read on these threads...You need a neutral picture of Shirley (not smiling), just her face, looking forward. Then you need a closer picture of your sim, in game, that is also neutral and looking ahead. That way the folks that help you will have an easier time of it. Post the pictures side by side here.

I would start with Shirley and then do her daughter...you might be able to age down the same sim and make some minor changes as they both look very much alike.

Good luck! I am anxious to see how this turns out as I would love to have Shirley MacLaine in my game!

Thank you, Rian!! I will post those pictures now.
I think you were the one who suggested I post a thread about Shirley & Sachi sims versions on here, weren't you?
Thanks again!
Oh and yes Shirley is beautiful, even though she has said a lot of times that she doesn't consider herself to be beautiful.

Do you mean to post the pictures side by side like this?

Ok, I have been tweaking with the eyes and I'm beginning to think that she's looking more like Shirley now!! Oh my gosh! What do you think?

Are the eyes still too big? I think they're okay now, actually, but let me know what you think, please.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Feb 2012 at 12:06 AM
Will anyone actually help me with my Sims of Shirley & Sachi or not?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 6th Feb 2012 at 12:13 AM
Give people time; some people can't get on here every day.

Also, post more images- we need side by side comparisons of face profiles as well as front views. The image of your sim in the post above is looking to the side slightly compared to the image of the sim you are copying.
Scholar
#6 Old 6th Feb 2012 at 12:29 AM
Better pictures would help, as Simsample said. However, you've made a good start! Eyes need to be quite a bit smaller in scale; nose needs to be wider at the nostrils and the nose tip turned down a bit. Mouth needs to move up a bit and be wider with the upper lip less defined. You may have to move everything up as the model has quite a round face and the sim's is more oval. Make the jaw and chin wider. It would help to add more brown to the hair, as well.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 6th Feb 2012 at 12:57 AM
Wow, big improvement!

The eyes do need to be a little smaller, but not really narrower. You might need to push the scale down and stretch them a bit to make them look long and narrow. The face definitely needs to be rounder. This is where a little 'pudding' is a good thing. Try widening her jaw a bit and making the cheeks a bit fuller. You might be able to find an eyebrow that is arched in the center a bit more. Her freckles really don't show in the picture so you might want to try a fair skin coloring and maybe custom eyes with smaller pupils (or AWT's eye sliders).

There are lots of sliders out there, some on MTS and others by AWT that might help. Google to find them.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Feb 2012 at 2:01 AM
Thank you very much everyone for all these suggestions!! I'll post more pictures and will keep working on her later.
Good night!
Forum Resident
#9 Old 6th Feb 2012 at 9:05 AM
Hi Sof,

Okay, lose the freckles.
You need to get aWT's sliders to make the irises smaller. Look on my India Eisley sim for the link.
Turn the sims face towards us so that we can see her face shape. It looks like she has quite plump cheeks.
The eyebrows are not right, need ones that have a central apex - not easy to find.
Widen her mouth and again, with AWT's sliders adjust the central upper lip tips.
You need to play around with the eye sliders to get rid of the bobble on the bottom lid as the IRL has a straight bottom lid.
Somewhere around are neck height sliders - I think they are Ahmed's which you can also find the link to on the India Eisley sim. Her neck is far too long.

Get the sliders, you will be amazed at the difference in your sim.

Good luck. I'll pop in again to see how you are getting on.

I feel honoured, a Spanish magazine wants to feature my Desperate Housewives and Will Smith in their feature on celebrity sims.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#10 Old 6th Feb 2012 at 1:25 PM Last edited by Sof_m9 : 6th Feb 2012 at 3:20 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Audrey
Hi Sof,

Okay, lose the freckles.
You need to get aWT's sliders to make the irises smaller. Look on my India Eisley sim for the link.
Turn the sims face towards us so that we can see her face shape. It looks like she has quite plump cheeks.
The eyebrows are not right, need ones that have a central apex - not easy to find.
Widen her mouth and again, with AWT's sliders adjust the central upper lip tips.
You need to play around with the eye sliders to get rid of the bobble on the bottom lid as the IRL has a straight bottom lid.
Somewhere around are neck height sliders - I think they are Ahmed's which you can also find the link to on the India Eisley sim. Her neck is far too long.

Get the sliders, you will be amazed at the difference in your sim.

Good luck. I'll pop in again to see how you are getting on.

Hi Audrey, thank you!

Ok, I'm having a problem with my slider hacks. The jaw sliders completed stopped working because I don't have any "increase slider hack" installed. I can't find a version of it that is compatible with Generations (haven't got Pets installed on this laptop). aWT slider hack is only compatible with patch v1.29.55 and my version is 1.21.123. Does anyone here by chance have a slider hack version for Generations?

About the freckles, I can't lose them because Shirley has a lot of freckles you just can't see them in the pictures I posted above as she had them covered with face powder.
Inventor
#11 Old 6th Feb 2012 at 1:30 PM
May I suggest THIS non-default skin. I'm not sure if it will actually help, but it's worth a shot. :P

"Goonies never say die."
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#12 Old 6th Feb 2012 at 2:57 PM
Lose the freckles -for now- and worry about the face sculpt more than content - in any case, I don't think those are very nice freckles for the sim, so having them off for now and finding other ones later is a good idea.

Also, there's a lot of info here on how to take really good, clear pictures with great lighting - makes all the difference in how effectively you can sculpt your sim, when you can really see the sim clearly.: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=432920

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#13 Old 6th Feb 2012 at 3:24 PM Last edited by Sof_m9 : 6th Feb 2012 at 5:52 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Lose the freckles -for now- and worry about the face sculpt more than content - in any case, I don't think those are very nice freckles for the sim, so having them off for now and finding other ones later is a good idea.

Also, there's a lot of info here on how to take really good, clear pictures with great lighting - makes all the difference in how effectively you can sculpt your sim, when you can really see the sim clearly.: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=432920

Thanks, Giga, for the skin and, H.P, for the link!!
I'm installing Pets on this laptop right now so hopefully aWT slider hack & the jaw sliders will work.

Meanwhile... Here are some more captures of Shirley:

Instructor
#14 Old 6th Feb 2012 at 9:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sof_m9

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a295/sofia_123/b704_12.jpg[/IMG]

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a295/sofia_123/Sh2.jpg[/IMG]

^ Those look like pictures of two different women @__@ I did a google image search and I'm still not so sure what she's supposed to look like. Anyway, here's my interpretation:

^ Something I threw together. It still doesn't look like her much, but it's a step closer. Anyway, my tips on making more realistic sims:

1. Make the eyes smaller. Large eyes give off a more cartoonish look.
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=413903 << Pull "eye width" and "eye shape" to the left.

2. Realistic contacts.
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=417843 << This is my favorite (the contacts look better than defaults). Small iris & pupil is ideal.

3. Sculpt a more a defined jawline.

From the pictures you posted, she has thin lips and a wider mouth. You might also want to make the nose less-upturned.

♥ ❤ ❥ Tumblr (which I never update) ♥ ❤ ❥
My Blog
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#15 Old 7th Feb 2012 at 12:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Misanthrope
^ Those look like pictures of two different women @__@ I did a google image search and I'm still not so sure what she's supposed to look like. Anyway, here's my interpretation:

^ Something I threw together. It still doesn't look like her much, but it's a step closer. Anyway, my tips on making more realistic sims:

1. Make the eyes smaller. Large eyes give off a more cartoonish look.
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=413903 << Pull "eye width" and "eye shape" to the left.

2. Realistic contacts.
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=417843 << This is my favorite (the contacts look better than defaults). Small iris & pupil is ideal.

3. Sculpt a more a defined jawline.

From the pictures you posted, she has thin lips and a wider mouth. You might also want to make the nose less-upturned.

Oh my... I don't know how to thank you for this!! It actually does resemble her!!
I wasn't having much luck with editing her chin again, it was looking like a square. I'm going to download those realistic contacts now and then launch the game. Thanks again!! Also, where can I download that hair and skintone?

As to the pictures looking like two different women, sorry about that! The captures I posted are from her movie Sweet Charity and she was a bit older there.

More pictures:

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#16 Old 7th Feb 2012 at 2:42 AM
Pictures from CAS:

I haven't moved the eyes/nose/mouth up yet,
just have been editing the mouth, jaw & eyes.
What do you think?

Lab Assistant
#17 Old 7th Feb 2012 at 2:37 PM
You should post the reference side by side with your sim. Try to place photos with similar angles next to each other. Get a face-front neutral picture of your sim, and place the reference beside it.

Also, your screen looks dark. Do you have your resolution and screen refresh rate set correctly under your graphics options? If you have an incorrect refresh rate set for your monitor, you can get a darkened screen. This has happened to me on my laptop.

Either way, you really need to take in-game shots each time. The tutorial HP linked to will show you how to take nice, in-game screen shots. It really makes a huge difference when editing sims.

Anyway, she's looking better.

-Her bridge looks strange. It looks too wide and low compared to her tip. If you adjust the tip, you might not need to adjust the width of the bridge.
- Her facial profile needs to come out more, as does her nose. Try adjusting both nose tip depth and nose length to see what looks better.
- Rotate down her nose tip slightly.
- Increase her nose mass.
- Maybe bring her mouth depth out more.
- Her face shape is pretty off.
- Widen her jaw
- Slightly increase jaw shape
- Bring up her chin height
- Decrease the size of her chin.
- Maybe bring out her chin depth a tad, this will compensate for decrease chin size.
- Increase the chin underlip depth to give her a little dip.
- Lower her eyebrow height
- Rotate her eyes down
- Bring down her eyebrow curve, and rotate her eyebrows up and out. You might have to adjust outer eyebrow height if you have that slider
- Get Hermi's Lip Shape Slider to give her that little dip in her upper lip
- Widen the width of her upper lip
- Bring down Upper Lip Shape
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#18 Old 7th Feb 2012 at 2:55 PM
Uau, thank you for the side by side pictures and all these tips!! I will write them down so I won't forget when I'm in CAS.

Actually, I don't kow why the CAS pictures look dark. It looks bright when I'm in CAS, it's only when I "Print screen" that it comes out dark! There isn't any option to take a screenshot of a Sim in CAS, is there?
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 7th Feb 2012 at 3:00 PM
Actually, you can take screenshots in cas just like in game, by pressing "C." Should work!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#20 Old 7th Feb 2012 at 5:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ameenah.n.y
Actually, you can take screenshots in cas just like in game, by pressing "C." Should work!

Oh gee, of course, how dumb! lol

Ok, here're some pictures with all the changes that "ameenah" suggested:

(BTW, I can't do anything about these freckles, I tried to remove them but since I downloaded Vassilia (?)' freckles these won't come off no matter what)

Any other suggestions? I think I should work some more on the chin and download some 'chin' sliders.

I'm wondering about Sachi, though. How will I make her look like her and cute? A lot of these extra sliders don't work for children.
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 7th Feb 2012 at 6:02 PM
Are the freckles on the skin? If so, I would use a different skin. They do not look realistic at all..and look very painted on. There are much better freckles out there. The red nose looks odd as well. Does she have a cold or drinking too much? LOL You also might like sliding the opacity to the left a little on the eye bags or maybe changing them to a different color. I do think the jaw needs to be wider. Shirley's face is rounder and yours is more oval shape.

Otherwise, she looks much better. There are people here who are very good at helping you.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#22 Old 7th Feb 2012 at 6:50 PM
I'm not sure if the freckles are on the skin, I think these are EA freckles.

"The red nose looks odd as well. Does she have a cold or drinking too much?"

HAHAA LOL, you're right, she needs a different skintone.

You're very good at helping too, Rian! Thanks.
Test Subject
#23 Old 7th Feb 2012 at 7:47 PM
I think it is a blush. Lemonleaf elf blush have red nose and freckles, try remove blush
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 7th Feb 2012 at 7:49 PM
Hey, she's looking much much better!

If you've installed Vasilla's freckles, do you have the mod that expands the area where freckles and beauty marks are? (Did you manage to update your game?)

If not, it's only going to display about five under each category. So if you had already turned on the EA freckles, they might have shuffled underneath, and that would be why you can't turn them off. Here's a link to one of the mods you can use: http://moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/i...ic,17647.0.html You need the one titled "Anach_CASDetails8x2."

It looks like you're using LemonLeaf's blush, I'm guessing? I know that blush has a red nose AND freckles. The freckles are controlled by a color channel - if you wanted to use that blush but "turn off" the freckles, you would simply change it to a color matching the sim's skin. I think that you would be better suited simply using a different blush. Don't forget that you can always play around with colors and opacity to get really different looks for makeup. This can help a lot.

But, and this has been previously stated, I think just concentrating on the facial sculpt is the way to go for now. You'll have more fun selecting CC in the end, when you're done molding your sim.

As for the Sim:
- I agree with Rian about her jaw. You need to increase the width. Shirley has a distinctively shaped face that's going to be hard to nail, but you can do it! Have you been able to get the jaw sliders working? I think they will be really helpful in achieving the look of a full, rounder jaw without her looking either too masculine or too "pudding."
- I still think that you can decrease her upper lip shape and increase upper lip width
- Shirley's brows are more arched than the sim's. I think that you're going to want to select a different brow. You can probably still lower her current brow further.
- I would bring out her nose tip even more/maybe increase nose tip scale?
- Increase nose width slightly
- Try bringing her jaw depth slightly forward
- Decrease the size of her pupils

Just in case you haven't picked up/found out about extra sliders, I'll link them here.

AwT's Sliders ( I know you already have some of these, but if you haven't already, I would get them all, minus the glasses and hat sliders unless you need them. The forehead depth slider is great for profile. ):
http://awtmk.blogspot.com/2011/11/sliders-links.html
Bloom's Cross-Eyed Sliders (These are great for fine tuning the position of the iris. If at any point your sim starts to look cross-eyed, you can adjust the horizontal placement. They're also good if you've adjust the eyelid height to an extreme and you want to change the vertical position of the iris.):
http://linna.modthesims.info/download.php?t=444824
Hermi's Lip Shape (it looks like you've already use this one, maybe? Just wanted to make sure you had the link.):
http://www.simscave.com/index.php?topic=21839.0
Jasumi's:
http://linna.modthesims.info/download.php?t=442015
Jonhas:
http://linna.modthesims.info/download.php?t=399866
Bella3lek4:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=413903
and
http://ts3celebritysims.blogspot.co...la3lek4-of.html
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#25 Old 8th Feb 2012 at 12:01 AM
Thanks again for giving me all these tips to make my sims more real to Shirley!! I really couldn't do it without you & I never thought it would be this hard to sculpt her face! Well, I knew it would be hard to achieve the right look but not this hard!

Yes, I downloaded Vasilla's freckles so thank you for that mod! And I really should use another blush, that's LemonLeaf's blush, yep. Also, the eyes are from her and I really think they're beautiful! But perhaps the ones that Misanthrope' used for the Sim of Shirley look more like hers? Which ones do you like best?

Thanks for all the extra sliders links, I didn't have all of these that you listed! I downloaded Hermi's Lip Shaper after you said I should. It's great!

I can work on her some more now. :D
Locked thread | Locked by: Yogi-Tea Reason: contains useful info & links (sim making)
Page 1 of 3