Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#26 Old 8th Feb 2012 at 1:52 AM
How about now?

I think there's still something wrong with the chin, I'm not being able to make it look like hers.

Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 8th Feb 2012 at 12:58 PM
Sof, make sure you are posting a reference next to the photos you provide. It makes it easier for us to compare your sim to the real person. Use an image editing program to put the photos side by side into one picture.

Increase nose tip scale.
Her upper lips shouldn't be so pinched towards the middle. It looks cute, but it doesn't match the person. Move the upper lip width in the other direction some distance. Her lower lip is also looking too square. Increase lower lip shape.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 8th Feb 2012 at 7:50 PM
I know I sent you the link to Hermi's slider, but just make sure that if you use it, you use it very subtly. It can help to achieve distinctive lip shapes, but needs to be used sparingly to keep things looking natural. I agree that her lips are looking a bit over defined.

I know I've said it a couple times, so I'm sorry to keep repeating, but I think you need to widen the upper lip. Don't be afraid to push the sliders, if you mess up, you can always undo the changes. I still think the upper lip shape could also be decreased. Maybe slightly decrease mouth definition.

Your screenshots are looking nicer. You can actually just photograph her against a white wall, so there are no distractions to the sim. Don't be afraid to also crop the image in, like you did with this most recent profile shot.

She is definitely looking better, though. You're getting much closer, and she looks miles better already. Everyone here is always glad to help.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#29 Old 8th Feb 2012 at 10:28 PM
Do you really think she's looking miles better? I'm not so sure that I can make her look exactly like Shirley.. hmm.. Also, I wish she looked in-game like she does in CAS and I know that will never be possible unless EA does something about this and fix the in-game lighting?

I'll work some more on the mouth now. And, you're right, I guess I'm afraid to edit her! lol!
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 9th Feb 2012 at 12:23 AM
She IS looking much better. Every edit gets you a step closer. If you're worried about making changes you don't like, just keep the old copy of the sim saved, so you can always restart. HP's tutorial suggested changing the color of the shirt the sim is wearing each time you make a save, this way it's easy to identify them in the sim bin.

In game lighting can definitely get kooky. It's difficult to work with, but a well lit indoor room can produce great results. I actually like the way many of my sims look in-game much better than they do in CAS.

There are tutorials on MTS, so definitely check them out!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#31 Old 9th Feb 2012 at 3:52 PM Last edited by Sof_m9 : 9th Feb 2012 at 4:11 PM.
You're right about well lit rooms producing great results! I'm beginning to like how Sims 3 look in-game
HP's tutorial is really helpful!

Here's some mouth edits:
And I changed Lemonleaf's eyes to the realistic contacts eyes. I think these look better in-game.

I'm starting to see Shirley in my Sim!
Top Secret Researcher
#32 Old 9th Feb 2012 at 5:01 PM
Bottom of face is still too narrow. Look at Shirley. Her face is shorter and she has a broader jaw. The width of her forehead is about the same as the jaw.

Now look at your sim. She has a long narrow face. Her jaw is narrower than her forehead in width. Also, look at the distance between her eyebrows and the top of her head. This might be a hair problem but the head sliders can help you fix this. You may have to adjust the height of the eyes and other features once you adjust the head.

Also, make the bridge of the nose slightly narrower. Lower the nose a tad and then raise the nostrils just a wee bit.

She looks much better! I wonder if there is a better hair out there? I don't recall Shirley with curly hair.
Inventor
#33 Old 9th Feb 2012 at 7:33 PM
I think her iris is a bit too small. And you should take a look for some shorter eyebrows She has a good resemblance though.
Scholar
#34 Old 9th Feb 2012 at 10:49 PM
Hi!
I'm loving your Shirley! :lovestruc
I agree with the comments above and I think you maybe could make the eyebrows a bit curved and make the upper eyelids less showing.

You're making a great job!
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 9th Feb 2012 at 11:39 PM
I agree with the above comments about changes. Her lips are looking great.

I'm not sure how these will look, but try one of the last two eyebrows on this page:
http://yuyansims.jimdo.com/sims3/%E...sims-body-shop/

I'm thinking the one named "yuyansims-m3-bs09" could work if combined with the brow thickness/brow ridge sliders. Not sure, though. Shorter brows will definitely help, though.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#36 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 4:27 AM Last edited by Sof_m9 : 10th Feb 2012 at 4:42 AM.
Thanks Rian and all! Ok, how's her jaw now? I hope it won't need to be widened more or she'll look like a balloon lol!
I can really see Shirley in her now!! I need to change the eyebrows (thanks again ameenah for the links) and hair. What about the skintone? Any suggestions or is this one all right?

Scholar
#37 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 4:44 AM
Big improvement and good work! I still think the nose needs to be a bit narrower at the nasal bridge, if not the whole nose above the nostrils, and the nasal bridge brought down / its depth increased. Eyes just a bit closer together. I believe the mouth actually looked closer in post # 31. If you could bring the reference photo down with each revision, it would help a lot.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#38 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 3:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimmyRN
Big improvement and good work! I still think the nose needs to be a bit narrower at the nasal bridge, if not the whole nose above the nostrils, and the nasal bridge brought down / its depth increased. Eyes just a bit closer together. I believe the mouth actually looked closer in post # 31. If you could bring the reference photo down with each revision, it would help a lot.

Thank you for the nose suggestions!
The problem with the mouth is that it won't close entirely like it did in post #31. Since I moved "face height" up it stopped closing! Weird.

Version 0.7

Top Secret Researcher
#39 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 3:26 PM
You should be able to adjust the jaw height to close the mouth, if you have the sliders.

She looks very good!

I suggest moving the chin down just a wee bit to give her more of a chin like in the pictures. The nose and nostrils are at the same height while in her picture, the nostrils are a bit higher. So lower the nose height a tad and then raise the nostrils. I think, but not sure since I don't use it often, the lip sliders are what is giving you the weird shape. Try moving them a bit to raise the middle of the lips. Also, the upper lip shaper might need a bit of adjustment. The irises may be a bit too small still. Try using a slider to make them bigger or a different default/contact eyes.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 6:48 PM
Do you have the upper lip height and lower lip height sliders? These can also help with the lips.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#41 Old 13th Feb 2012 at 2:45 PM
Hi ya!

I'd like to move on to Sachi for now.
I'm really not very hopeful as a lot of these extra sliders don't work for children.

How can I turn this...

...to this? Would a face mask look better on her instead?

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#42 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 6:56 PM
Does this hair look better on Sim Shirley?
And where can I find a more realistic skintone that has been updated to version 1.29?

Lab Assistant
#43 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 7:37 PM
Your image is not showing up.

What skin tone are you using now?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#44 Old 15th Feb 2012 at 12:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ameenah.n.y
Your image is not showing up.

What skin tone are you using now?

Hi!
Oh, that's strange, it's showing up for me.
I'm using the same skintone you saw in the previous screenshots.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#45 Old 15th Feb 2012 at 5:43 AM
Please help me with my sim of Sachi.. I have to keep hiding her face in the screenshots I take because it looks so bad in-game.

Inconceivable!
#46 Old 15th Feb 2012 at 6:05 AM
Can you post a picture of Sachi the Sim right next to a picture of the real Sachi? Also, try to find references pictures where she's about the same age. To me, the first two pictures you posted of Sachi look like she's still a toddler, but maybe I'm wrong. Kids features change over time as they mature, so we need some consistent shots to reference.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#47 Old 15th Feb 2012 at 11:06 PM Last edited by Sof_m9 : 16th Feb 2012 at 1:07 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Buckley
Can you post a picture of Sachi the Sim right next to a picture of the real Sachi? Also, try to find references pictures where she's about the same age. To me, the first two pictures you posted of Sachi look like she's still a toddler, but maybe I'm wrong. Kids features change over time as they mature, so we need some consistent shots to reference.

I want her to have the same eyes/nose/mouth shape that she had when she was a toddler. The pictures of her in pigtails were taken when she was around 7 years old and her features hadn't changed that much then, she still had the same sweet round face and butterball nose.

Sorry, I keep forgetting to post pictures of the Sim next to a picture of the real person.
Top Secret Researcher
#48 Old 15th Feb 2012 at 11:39 PM
There are very few pictures of Sachi as a child and none that I could find of her facing forward and not smiling. You might try finding one of her as an adult, making the Sim and then aging her down. You will have to adjust her features then but it might be a way to start.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#49 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 12:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rian90
There are very few pictures of Sachi as a child and none that I could find of her facing forward and not smiling. You might try finding one of her as an adult, making the Sim and then aging her down. You will have to adjust her features then but it might be a way to start.

Hi Rian,
I have over a thousand pictures of Sachi as a child in my Shirley & Sachi collection. In case you haven't noticed I'm a huge fan True, there aren't many pix of her facing forward and not smiling but the pictures I inserted above (posted 5) give a pretty good idea of how her features looked like, I want my sim version of her to look like that & not like she looks as an adult.

Here's an edited picture of my sim I just made with Sachi's eyes & mouth cloned.
If only I could manage to make her eyes look like that! aWT eye sliders don't work for children so I can't adjust the size of the iris or anything like that. Does anyone know any custom eyes for children that are similar to Sachi's?

Lab Assistant
#50 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 1:52 AM
Have you tried any of Shady's eyes?
Locked thread | Locked by: Yogi-Tea Reason: contains useful info & links (sim making)
Page 2 of 3