Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Elegant Chateau - No CC!

by TheDeadSim Posted 10th Feb 2012 at 10:40 PM - Updated 12th Feb 2012 at 8:14 AM by cameron360

20 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 3 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Inventor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 11th Feb 2012 at 12:16 AM
Great work.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 11th Feb 2012 at 9:31 AM Last edited by simonem : 12th Feb 2012 at 1:32 AM.
This is a good one to put in my neighbourhood as something for my sims to work towards for generations. Sometimes it's too easy to make a lot of money, but this will make a very nice goal to work towards.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator THANKS POST
#4 Old 11th Feb 2012 at 2:50 PM
Love it so versatile. Would make a lovely guest house and would convert to apartments too! I really like your landscaping too.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 11th Feb 2012 at 5:20 PM
Love that it's a pretty big house, but in a decently sized lot. Good job!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 12th Feb 2012 at 6:51 AM
This is gorgeous, and I love the idea of bridging the house over the driveway.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 12th Feb 2012 at 5:02 PM
Absolutely gorgeous!!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 13th Feb 2012 at 3:14 PM
Beautiful, nice layout for a big house! And you resisted the lure of CC, very good work!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 13th Feb 2012 at 10:39 PM
thank you its a really nice house and is perfect for one of my sim families :p
Test Subject
#10 Old 23rd Feb 2012 at 8:29 PM
i absolutely love this house and i really want to download it but i dont have some of the required games is that ok??
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 3:41 PM
Wowee, that's a big house! And the fact that almost every block of space on the property is paved and used in some way makes it feel like living in your own private hotel or something.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 4:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zahraxo
i absolutely love this house and i really want to download it but i dont have some of the required games is that ok??

It will most like not work or cause your game to crash. If you do attempt to install it, backup your sims data first.

◄ TDS - TheDeadSim - Cam ►
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 18th May 2012 at 10:30 AM Last edited by zoweebunee : 18th May 2012 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Found the answer.
When I saw this in-game, I was awed beyond belief. Gorgeous lot! One question though, how will I maintain the plants stacked on themselves? I can buy another from the build catalog but I do not know how to position them.

EDIT: Nvm, found Perfect Plants & Perfect Gardens.
Forum Resident
#14 Old 20th Aug 2012 at 12:21 AM
Zahraxo, you can buy Sims 2 Expansion Packs for around only $10 on Amazon now and if you do not like using PayPal or Credit Card you can look at your local grocery stores for a CoinStar that sells Amazon tickets (no charge except what you want to put on your Amazon account). For a long time I could not download many lots because I need to collect all EPs so I used Amazon and CoinStar getting an EP a month till now I have them all.

Zoweebunee is talking of the mod "Perfect Plants & Perfect Gardens" found on Simbology: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php/topic,13.0.html. I personally do not use. I want to be responsible for plants so I learned how. If short fences are diagonal then sim cannot water a plant and one side of fence must be removed or a garden sprinkler put in. Cheat moveObjects on works with sprinklers.

I use "Magical Hedge Shears" hack by Homeslice on Simslice: http://www.simslice.com/thesims2/ts2objects-pg5.htm because it cuts all bushes at once but Sim is still responcible for it [sometime sims get stuck clicking it repeatedly but that does not bother me I just tell them go do something else].

Fruit trees I love because I want some sims to be fat from eating fruit-food. I love interact with fruit tree because they are like having pets that hold still. You can talk to trees (if skill high gardening) and they have happy faces on mouse hover. Sim look so cute taking to trees I have one sim in every house with high garden skill.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 28th Mar 2013 at 7:34 PM
I LOVE this chateau! Brilliant! I especially love the way you designed the driveway, absolutely lovely!
Test Subject
#16 Old 7th Sep 2013 at 3:59 PM
Your a awesome builder.. Its so hard for me to build due to tennis elbow... be nice if you could build some 2 or 3 bedrooms homes no cc .. I like using a $2900 or 4800 lot size.... so keep me in mind if you feel like building..
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 12th Jan 2014 at 8:15 PM
Hey, your house is awesome ! I loved it when I was a The Sims 2's player, now I moved to 3 and I'm recreating the lot to it, and believe me, yours is still earning of my 'conversion' xD Keep this way friend ^^
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 1:40 AM
THANKS!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 1st Apr 2014 at 1:15 PM
I just made a family that has a grandfather and wanted a home with a separate living area, I started making one that looks almost like this but quickly got frustrated. This is just gorgeous and perfect for my new family, thank you!!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#20 Old 20th May 2017 at 4:22 PM
Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 22nd Sep 2018 at 10:34 PM
This is one of my favorite lots. Thanks for your hard work!