Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No Cowboy/Cowgirl Outfit When Riding The Mechanical Bull

by gesimz Posted 11th Mar 2012 at 4:30 PM - Updated 19th Oct 2013 at 1:39 PM by gesimz : Confirm 1.38 Compatibility

21 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 15 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 5:23 PM
Thank you,
I haven't tried the bull yet, but I like to have the choice of my own outfit when I do, and to think the sim could even remotely change into a swim suit on the bull !!!Yuck!!! I use a lot of your mods as they suit my needs. Again thanks for sharing.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 6:06 PM
I have a problem with my sims 3 game.I have installed showtime,but at the loading screen,the game crashes.The message:Sism 3 has stopped working appears.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 6:06 PM
help me plz!
One Minute Ninja'd
#5 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 6:40 PM
annacapp. Unless the inability to start your game only happens when you add this mod (which is unclear from your 2 posts), the help forum is the best place to ask for help if your install isn't working.

Gesimz, thank you for another helpful mod to eliminate this wardrobe escapade.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 11:16 PM Last edited by gesimz : 11th Mar 2012 at 11:33 PM.
annacapp, as eskie has correctly said, I need more information about your issue. Are you trying to use this mod only or is your game having issues running other mods as well?

Typically, the most common problem experienced by players trying to use mods is not setting up their game correctly to read mods http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...Setup_and_Files
Have you set up your game correctly to run mods?

Also, players experience problems with new patches when they forget to remove all mods in the packages folder and don't run the game vanilla (i.e. with no mods, EA store content is fine) once after patching the game.

Do either of the above apply to you?
Test Subject
#7 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 5:40 AM
I never understood why the swimwear on the bull but thank you for taking care of all this for us!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 5:58 AM Last edited by gesimz : 12th Mar 2012 at 6:14 AM.
The Swimwear was EA putting some extra humour into the object. I can sort of see why they did it for Inappropriate Sims, but Dramatic Sims, I don't quite get it. I wouldn't have minded the changing of clothes so much if the pause before the spin change wasn't so lengthy, but I think choice is always better than no choice.
Test Subject
#9 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 5:18 PM
Is it possible to make a mod that would do the same thing for the chemistry set? I have the same issues with the lab coat. Awesome mod and thanks
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 9:45 PM Last edited by gesimz : 12th Mar 2012 at 10:22 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by jakl75
Is it possible to make a mod that would do the same thing for the chemistry set? I have the same issues with the lab coat. Awesome mod and thanks

Some might argue that its more appropriate for the Sim to be wearing lab clothing given the fact that they are dealing with dangerous chemicals, but just like the bull, the constant clothes changing and the stop-start nature of it is rather time consuming. I'll look into it and see if anyone has done it elsewhere.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 6:19 AM
woulden't that fit better in pets
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 6:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jonthefuzz2
woulden't that fit better in pets

The object specifically comes with Showtime, which is why the mod has been categorized under the Showtime expansion pack, if that is what you mean.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 14th Mar 2012 at 5:51 PM
Does Showtime need patch 1.31 to work or you can install without it?
(cuz it is incompatible with my CC and i would like to know if i can use it without have to Delete my content).
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 14th Mar 2012 at 11:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by V12creator
Does Showtime need patch 1.31 to work or you can install without it?
(cuz it is incompatible with my CC and i would like to know if i can use it without have to Delete my content).

The 1.31 patch is required for the purposes of installing and running Showtime. 1.32 was just a fix for Simport. How you acquire the patch depends on whether you purchase the game at retail or online via Origin.

Which CC do you have in particular that is specifically incompatible with 1.31/1.32 patch? I ask this, because there may be an alternative version elsewhere, or in some cases, it can be something that doesn't require an update.
Test Subject
#15 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 12:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gesimz
Some might argue that its more appropriate for the Sim to be wearing lab clothing given the fact that they are dealing with dangerous chemicals, but just like the bull, the constant clothes changing and the stop-start nature of it is rather time consuming. I'll look into it and see if anyone has done it elsewhere.

Thanks I've looked but no dice. Hopefully you have better luck.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 2:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jakl75
Thanks I've looked but no dice. Hopefully you have better luck.

This is a more complicated request to fulfill compared to disabling changing of clothes for the Mechanical Bull because unlike the Mechanical Bull, changing into the lab coat for the Chemistry Table is not tunable via XML, so it appears to require an Object Script mod. So far, I made a script but it didn't work in-game. Will need to keep experimenting.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#17 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 12:39 AM
Thank you so much for this!
The first Sim I got to try out the mechanical bull was an elder male and it would appear that EA didn't enable an age check on the cowboy outfit. My elder male ended up wearing an adult cowboy top which resulted with a gap in his neck and really buff arms all of a sudden.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 12:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Thank you so much for this!
The first Sim I got to try out the mechanical bull was an elder male and it would appear that EA didn't enable an age check on the cowboy outfit. My elder male ended up wearing an adult cowboy top which resulted with a gap in his neck and really buff arms all of a sudden.

You know, I never actually used the Mechanical Bull with an elder sim, but now that you mention it, just out of interest sake, i'll check it out and see if the same issue arises in my game (without the mod).
Test Subject
#19 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 2:03 PM
This is a more complicated request to fulfill compared to disabling changing of clothes for the Mechanical Bull because unlike the Mechanical Bull, changing into the lab coat for the Chemistry Table is not tunable via XML, so it appears to require an Object Script mod. So far, I made a script but it didn't work in-game. Will need to keep experimenting.

Thanks for even trying it. Good luck
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 1st Sep 2012 at 7:50 PM
Does this mod work with patch 1.38?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 3rd Sep 2012 at 10:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mellowyellow09
Does this mod work with patch 1.38?

I'm installing the new patch (for Supernatural) right now.

Will test soon and will post the results here.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 4th Sep 2012 at 5:56 AM
I'm installing the new patch (for Supernatural) right now.

Will test soon and will post the results here.

Just tested and it is compatible with patch 1.38.