Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#26 Old 26th Mar 2012 at 2:26 AM
I agree about bringing the eyes closer together. Eye color looks great! Eyes, maybe, deeper set? Try the nose changes, above, and see what you think. Jaw a bit wider, if you can. Cheekbones, perhaps, a little more pronounced. Turn the ears out a bit more. Good job!
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#27 Old 26th Mar 2012 at 2:46 AM
I made a few of the suggested tweaks, though I can't really make the cheekbones more pronounced without losing the roundness of the face. I also think that last pic had a slightly different angle and skewed the perspectives a bit. So here's one from the front. I had trouble getting closer.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#28 Old 26th Mar 2012 at 3:17 AM
hmmm...the nose seems a touch long. what if u tried lowering the eyes and brows a smidgen?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#29 Old 26th Mar 2012 at 3:29 AM
When you say the nose is too long, do you mean it's too close to the lips or its length out from the face is too long?
Test Subject
#30 Old 26th Mar 2012 at 3:35 AM
i think it's length out from the face...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#31 Old 26th Mar 2012 at 10:22 PM
I think if there isn't much of a consensus at this point, I might just submit her and see what happens.
Screenshots
Inventor
#32 Old 26th Mar 2012 at 11:28 PM
Maybe you can widen her eyes or something? I still don't think they look quite right.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#33 Old 26th Mar 2012 at 11:47 PM
Widen how? I was told before they were too big.
Inventor
#34 Old 27th Mar 2012 at 12:07 AM
Wide, but squinty. And the iris should be a little smaller aswell. They are still kinda doll like. The nose also looks too long. And the chin can be less wide.
Test Subject
#35 Old 27th Mar 2012 at 11:53 PM
Her eyes look a tad too small on the sim but i think it's because the hair is pulled back and it enlarges her forehead. Also, a question? Do you plan on uploading her? I really love the way you made her look so real and i would make my own katniss but i'm not that good at making sims of real people. So, just wondering. Thanks.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#36 Old 28th Mar 2012 at 11:16 PM
I AM planning on uploading her, yes. Once we can find a consensus lol. @malfoya: I tried using an iris and pupil slider and I couldn't get them to work in the game. I also couldn't find any contacts that worked; the ones she's wearing were the best ones I found. Is there a way to widen her eyes while still keeping them squinty? I can't just enlarge them. That would open them too much I think.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 28th Mar 2012 at 11:33 PM
You need these three package files for that to work:
aWT_MSH_LOD0-Eyeball****
aWT_HACK_GEOMSLIDER_EyeballIrisSize
aWT_HACK_GEOMSLIDER_EyeballPupilDilate

***If you don't have the mesh, the sliders will NOT work. This is really important. This is probably why they are not working.

When they're installed correctly, they'll work on both default eyes and contact eyes, this is because it's altering the replacement eyeball mesh.

If you have the eyeball mesh package and you still can't get it to work, you might have too many sliders added. You need a mod that will allow you to add more sliders to your game. If you don't have a mod to allow more sliders, you will only be able to use 20.

Those 20 slots are randomly distributed between the facial areas (eyes, mouth, nose), so even if you have not added 20 extra sliders, if you have too many assigned to one category, like the eyes, you'll still run into problems.

Awesome Mod, Master Controller, XCas, And awT all have updated mods that will allow for more sliders.
Inventor
#38 Old 29th Mar 2012 at 12:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by janekrahe
I AM planning on uploading her, yes. Once we can find a consensus lol. @malfoya: I tried using an iris and pupil slider and I couldn't get them to work in the game. I also couldn't find any contacts that worked; the ones she's wearing were the best ones I found. Is there a way to widen her eyes while still keeping them squinty? I can't just enlarge them. That would open them too much I think.

I think you can use the eye form slider for that. It came with the base game
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#39 Old 31st Mar 2012 at 3:56 PM
The sim's face in that comparison picture is zoomed out really far, making it hard to give good feedback. Always zoom really up close to the sim when taking pictures, so that the sim's face is around the same size as in the face of the real person. Otherwise it's very hard to compare the proportions.

I don't think you need those eye ball sliders... Those contacts you've used suit her great! Also just to make sure, the braided hair is quite likely a Newsea pay hair. It's always best to make sure that the hair is a free item right away after starting a sim, so that if it is a pay item, you'll have time to find another similar style before uploading.
Scholar
#40 Old 31st Mar 2012 at 8:50 PM
The eyes need to be closer together, I think, but agree that their shape and size look good. Shorten the nose and bring the nasal bridge indent down just a little. Then, adjust the mouth and chin, etc. When you shorten the nose, you might have to move the cheekbones up, if you can. The sim's chin is also too wide/square. If the reference photo above is the one you are planning to use for comparison, you may want to adjust the sim's hair color to match. I believe that will help the sim look more like the model. Good work!
Test Subject
#41 Old 14th Dec 2012 at 4:52 PM
I know I'm a bit late, but did you already upload this? I couldn't find any Katniss sims that looked like yours.
Field Researcher
#42 Old 28th Feb 2013 at 11:18 PM
Looks like I'm even later, but I was wondering if this sim was still being worked on. It was starting to look very good and I've found this thread while Googling for Jennifer Lawrence sims.
Locked thread | Locked by: Yogi-Tea Reason: contains useful info for sim creators
Page 2 of 2