Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#26 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 8:32 PM Last edited by Killc*a : 18th Mar 2012 at 1:17 AM.
I patched from the Showtime disk from 1.29 to 1.31 and the Showtime collection was missing. I want everything to be properly patched, so I uninstalled my base game (cleaned my registry with CCleaner and everything) and installed my base game from the disk. Now it's at version 1.0.631.00002 and I wanted to use the 1.29 superpatcher, but when I start the patch, I get a message that the installed version of the application cannot be recognized and the setup is closed. What should I do now?

Edit: I had to run the patch as an administrator and it worked .
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 1:57 AM
Is there any way to patch up to 1.33 but keep the EP7 stuff?

Quote:
See, that's why you need to be more like me. It's pretty obvious that I'm a big, terrible, mean person. If somebody says I am a terrible, mean person, I will just grin evilly....and be mean to them! It's good to be bad. *J.M. Pescado*
Inventor
#28 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 9:11 AM
No, I'm afraid not.
Test Subject
#29 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 3:34 PM
hello everyone. I am not very computer savvy although I try to follow and understand alot of what has been stated... but I am lost. I patched the 1.32... my game crashed my launcher refused to work at all.... so I ended up using the superpatch... that fixed THAT problem. Everything was ok until I realized the simport doesn't seem to work very well... No biggie, I figured I'd wait for a fix, since regular game play had seemed to be unaffected. I opened my game last night to play and got the 1.33 update. All seemed well.... until, I tried to plan my sims outfit. It froze while entering create a sim (now known as create a household). (i was stuck at a blue screen which states "entering create a household") I have not tried to start a new game yet, to see if it works there yet. I figured I'd check the sims3 forum... no help.. tried here and I haven't found anyone with the same problems I am having with the patch. I have very little cc as I have deleted most of it before showtime even came out.... and my MODS folder is still on my desktop waiting to be put back in until all the patch issues are resolved. Is there any way I can undo a patch.. or uninstall, I believe is the proper term. Or is my best bet to uninstall everything then reinstall? I have the digital downloads through origin, but I have bought quite a bit of stuff from the sims3 store... I know it'll take almost a whole day to do all this. Or should I just wait for yet again another fix..

From reading here I am under the impression that they aren't doing the super patch anymore...or they took it down.. I am confused and feel stupid... but mostly just frustrated. Sorry for complaining but It seems you guys know more than the creators do. I am hoping you can help.. Thanks!!
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#30 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 3:43 PM
How did you get to 1.32? Via Launcher? And what version were you at before 1.32?
Also most importantly, how did you reach 1.31 patch? Launcher again? From what previous version?

Before uninstalling, please test with new user files on a new game.
If you want to uninstall, if your ad the linked FAQ up top (page#1), it states to just uninstall the base game only, not the whole series. And if you have made a backup of your user folders, once all the reinstall + patching is completed and game loads on clean slate, you can start copying over your DCCache and other folders' contents. Last resort again is of course, a reinstall of said content.
Test Subject
#31 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 3:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharm3d
How did you get to 1.32? Via Launcher? And what version were you at before 1.32?
Also most importantly, how did you reach 1.31 patch? Launcher again? From what previous version?

Before uninstalling, please test with new user files on a new game.
If you want to uninstall, if your ad the linked FAQ up top (page#1), it states to just uninstall the base game only, not the whole series. And if you have made a backup of your user folders, once all the reinstall + patching is completed and game loads on clean slate, you can start copying over your DCCache and other folders' contents. Last resort again is of course, a reinstall of said content.

I patch regularly through the launcher, so everything I patch is in order that it is released with the exception of the superpatch. I only used the super patch because I couldn't get my launcher up and running at all. but that was after the launcher's 1.32 version. Then superpatch... no problems after other than opening my launcher itself. I seem to have a problem if I am not on the sims3 website minimized... otherwise, in my launcher my welcome screen is blank. this was a nuisance, but unaffected gameplay. when I opened my launcher yesterday it directed me to install the next patch(1.33
... so like an idiot I did it without checking on the site if there were known problems and all seemed well until... you know the rest
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#32 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 3:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wizbet
I patch regularly through the launcher, so everything I patch is in order that it is released with the exception of the superpatch.
Can you state explicitly please - which superpatch version? Do you mean 1.33 SuperPatch?

Have you tried bypassing Launcher (if it is so problematic) - to start the game?
Test Subject
#33 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 4:05 PM
Can you state explicitly please - which superpatch version? Do you mean 1.33 SuperPatch?

Have you tried bypassing Launcher (if it is so problematic) - to start the game?

the superpatch I used was the 1.32 version after installing the 1.32 patch through the
launcher. The 1.33 patch was through the launcher, so I am not sure if that one was considered a superpatch. Please forgive me... again.. not too computer savvy, bu I appreciate your insight. Thank you. I have never bypassed the launcher to play.. I don't even know how. Thank you for also being patient.
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#34 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 4:39 PM
The game let you patch twice for 1.32? It didn't throw up an error saying it's already at that patch level? Well, unless the first time failed...then I think you'd better uninstall and follow the wiki guide I posted in post#1.

And to bypass Launcher to start the game - follow this FAQ: Game Help:TS3 Bypassing the Launcherwiki.
Test Subject
#35 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 4:52 PM
yes it let me patch it twice.. both successful.. I assumed that there were codes in the superpatch (cumulative) that were missing from the actual 3.32 patch and that's why my game accepted it without telling me it was already installed or up-to-date. Ellacharmed3d.... Thank you, so much! Will check out the guide you posted as well as read up on bypassing the launcher. My 6 year old keeps asking me to help him with a few things (hard to concentrate when your being interrupted every five min, lol). If I have any other questions.. or somehow have an epiphany regarding all this.. will come back here to post. 'Til then.. thank you again!!
Mad Poster
#36 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 7:36 PM
Okay, just asking for clarity to make sure it is safe for me to patch.
I am currently on patch level 1.32. I got there by using the incremental patch. I have ALWAYS patched with the Patch Downloader.
I've just checked in my game and have all of the regular collection icons as well as the SHT one. I have no weird skintone sliders and no extra jaw/nose sliders.
Am I safe to use the incremental to patch level 1.33?

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Instructor
#37 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 8:40 PM
There's no incremental from 1.32 to 1.33.

I was just wondering, isn't it possible to "trick" the game to think you've updated to 1.33 while you're not? I'm desperately trying to keep my EP7 stuff

Quote:
See, that's why you need to be more like me. It's pretty obvious that I'm a big, terrible, mean person. If somebody says I am a terrible, mean person, I will just grin evilly....and be mean to them! It's good to be bad. *J.M. Pescado*
Mad Poster
#38 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 9:34 PM
Then what patch are the Patch Downloader and Launcher telling me is available?

In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#39 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 3:08 PM
@virgalibabe, no. 1.33 supposedly have some "fixes" that the 1.32 messed up.

@Menaceman44, that would be the 1.33 SuperPatcher. Download it and see what size you get?
Mad Poster
#40 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 6:04 PM
I downloaded and installed it and it was 950MB in size which is the superpatch, isn't it?
Either way, I've still yet to test my game again since then.

Test Subject
#41 Old 23rd Mar 2012 at 3:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lexylu
If your games are registered, you should be able to install them digitally, through Origin, without any discs.

I do everything I can to avoid registering software because I'm paranoid about companies misusing the information they collect in that process. It happens.
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#42 Old 23rd Mar 2012 at 4:26 PM
And you register for games and Internet-related things, always using your real name, work or personal email? For all that's holy, why? In any case, off-topic to the issue at hand.

@Menaceman44, yep. That's the SuperPatch.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#43 Old 23rd Mar 2012 at 4:29 PM
Well, registering does have its benefits, as you are discovering.
Test Subject
#44 Old 26th Mar 2012 at 5:37 AM
I'm trying to follow this, but all of these different patches and methods has me confused.

My details: I was at patch 1.29 for quite some time. I got there via the launcher patch from the previous patch level. I keep my game up to date for the most part to be compatible with Awesomemod. I'm trying to avoid the issues described here , and I now need to get to patch level 1.33 to be compatible with the new Awesomemod. So I'm trying to follow the instructions here. I was able to use the incremental download from 1.29 to 1.31 from there. But I can't get the incremental from 1.31 to 1.33 to download. I think it may just be a bandwidth issue.

My question: Is it now safe for me to patch using the launcher? Or will I get the bad superpatch issues still?

This listing in the who does not have problems makes me think it would be okay, but I want to be sure.
"People who has patched to 1.31 via Launcher or Incremental and used the 1.33 SuperPatcher (or Launcher)"
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#45 Old 26th Mar 2012 at 8:48 AM
The 1.31 to 1.33 incremental link works for me, just tested it.

Yes, you can use Launcher to update from 1.31. But if you have a bandwidth cap issue, doesn't Launcher downloading the SuperPatcher means you'd hit the same brick wall?
Test Subject
#46 Old 27th Mar 2012 at 12:08 AM
The 1.31 to 1.33 incremental link works for me, just tested it.

Yes, you can use Launcher to update from 1.31. But if you have a bandwidth cap issue, doesn't Launcher downloading the SuperPatcher means you'd hit the same brick wall?

I'm not sure what was wrong. It was just downloading that specific patch (1.31 to 1.33 digital download incremental) that was taking hours to download and then timing out. Downloading anything else, even large files, worked fine. I thought maybe the server was overloaded. I just tried it again this morning, and it downloaded just fine. Oh well, patched. Thank you!
Test Subject
#47 Old 29th May 2012 at 1:40 AM Last edited by Takizuzufu : 31st May 2012 at 5:14 AM.
Just recently installed showtime and was having problems. I assumed the bugged patch was the problem ( only looked at the collections folders and deltabuild packages which fit with the broken patch one) I followed all the steps outlined in the wiki. Everything appears to be ok. Right amount of files and right files sizes, however my game still crashes. Is this an unrelated problem or can it still be caused by the same issue?

Edit: Just found the article about changing DEP settings and now my game works . Thanks for helping with the Patch Problem
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#48 Old 7th Jun 2012 at 6:23 PM
Issue no longer exists with the release of patch 1.34 on Jun 05, 2012.
Archiving, since the outcome of using SuperPatcher 1.34 or the corresponding Incrementals are now identical. Your game files would be in the same state, no matter if you use 1.34 SuperPatcher or 1.34_from_1.33 Incremental to update your game.

Happy Simming!

ps: I hope I won't need to reopen this in a month, though, with the Diesel Stuff Pack's release. Let's hope EA remains on the ball, eh?
Locked thread | Locked by: ellacharm3d Reason: resolved-use 1.34
Page 2 of 2