Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Roans - Complete Marking Set

by PharaohHound Posted 30th Apr 2012 at 3:58 PM - Updated 30th Jun 2012 at 2:23 AM by PharaohHound

33 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 4 Feedback Posts, 28 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Rubric Wrangler
Original Poster
#2 Old 30th Apr 2012 at 2:46 PM
Default Roan regions
There are two roan regions available. They vary only by fur density. The one with denser fur is called "RoanDark", the one with less dense fur is "RoanLight". The different fur densities can be used for different effects. They feature custom thumbnails and are enabled for horses only.

The meadows are in bloom:
who has ever seen such insolence?

simblr
Rubric Wrangler
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Apr 2012 at 2:51 PM Last edited by PharaohHound : 30th Apr 2012 at 3:12 PM.
Default Roan markings
This set includes two markings that are patches of roan-patterned fur for free placement, used to supplement the roan regions. These are also useful for creating nice ticking patterns on cats and dogs.

Many roan horses also have distinctively shaped dark marks and spots, which are acquired when the skin is broken and the fur grows back without any roan colour (a phenomenon unique to roan horses). This set features two markings which emulate these real life markings.

The meadows are in bloom:
who has ever seen such insolence?

simblr
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 30th Apr 2012 at 4:52 PM
Thanks Pharaoh, this is awesome :D
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#5 Old 30th Apr 2012 at 5:29 PM
I love these! In fact, I love all of your markings. They make my pets in game look so much more interesting.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 30th Apr 2012 at 7:11 PM
I love your job , it's a rich idea !!! thank you Pharaoh !!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 30th Apr 2012 at 10:38 PM
I love it! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 1st May 2012 at 4:57 AM
Amazing! Thank you
Scholar
THANKS POST
#9 Old 2nd May 2012 at 12:59 AM
You, sir/ma'am, are a god amongst men/women.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 2nd May 2012 at 1:23 AM
Love your work, thank you for sharing! I have a question, though...these don't cover the head, am I correct?
Rubric Wrangler
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#11 Old 2nd May 2012 at 3:43 PM
Wow, thanks gals and guys for your wonderful comments! It really makes my day.

blackwood13 - The roan regions do not cover the head, that is correct.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 3rd May 2012 at 8:17 AM
Oh, wow. Wow.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 5th May 2012 at 3:16 PM
most beautiful....
Test Subject
#14 Old 5th May 2012 at 10:51 PM
What an amazing work! I love your coats. But I have a question : How do you make your horses pose for the pictures?

Thank you!
Rubric Wrangler
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#15 Old 7th May 2012 at 12:17 AM
Thank you, Tex. I can't say I did anything fancy for posing, I just waited for them to do a pose I liked, then used moveobjects to put them where I needed them! Easy peasy.
Test Subject
#16 Old 7th May 2012 at 7:43 PM
Simple, you are right, but clever anyway. Thank you. ^^
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 30th May 2012 at 4:22 PM
woot love roans!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 11th Jun 2012 at 8:44 PM
Wow, thank you! I love Blue Roans especially, and tried to make one. She'll look a lot better with your markings.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 12:01 AM
They are so beautiful! So I was inspired to do my own beatiful horse!! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 14th Aug 2013 at 12:43 AM
These are amazing! I so love them! Thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 31st Aug 2013 at 1:14 PM
Yeyyy! I love the roan colour ^.^ and now I can use it in game! Thankyou so much ;D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#22 Old 16th Sep 2013 at 9:03 AM
I love your roan coats soo much
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 17th Jan 2014 at 2:25 AM
You already know this, but the roan coats are incredibly realistic! They also work supremely well in-game--nothing but happy horses for me, haha. I'd been frustrated over the regional coat patterns EA had provided us with in terms of realism, but now my horses can be handsome roans :) Thanks for sharing your creativity!
Test Subject
#24 Old 26th Jan 2014 at 10:49 AM
LOVE IT TOOO DEATH ! I USE IT ON ALL MY WEBSITE HORSES !!!! ( BayKentuckyRanch )
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 26th Mar 2014 at 3:04 AM
Thank you SOOOO much PharaohHound! You make the BEST pets CC! I download LOTS of your pet CC, because it is SO amazing! I don't know how you do it! You made my horses look so beautiful! I almost cried because they're so majestic, thanks to you and your hard work. You should totally work for EA and make us proud! You could update The Sims 3 Pets into having your CC and other people's CC a reality.
Page 1 of 2