Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#26 Old 15th Jun 2012 at 4:33 PM
Will you be uploading this after Supernatural/ editing it so that we don't have to download a bunch of CC?

My true to life tumblr: http://smargent.tumblr.com/
Advertisement
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
Original Poster
#27 Old 15th Jun 2012 at 6:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by van Dorn
Will you be uploading this after Supernatural/ editing it so that we don't have to download a bunch of CC?

This world doesn't require any CC to work. The only CC in this world are decorative objects like the sailboats in the pier, and you don't have to download even those since this world will work without any CC.

I will be doing a version with Supernatural features added though, after it has come out. Like with new rabbit holes added and supernatural sims included to the pre-population, etc.

Speaking of the Supernatural EP... In what kind of places/homes would typical werewolves live? I really want this world to have a home for every type of sim... Maybe it would be fun to have a sim living in an apartment in the town but who has to secretly go run in the woods once a full moon! Or a picket fence perfect suburban family with a secret life... but what would be the style of a home for a typical werewolf?
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#28 Old 15th Jun 2012 at 10:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arisuka
This world doesn't require any CC to work. The only CC in this world are decorative objects like the sailboats in the pier, and you don't have to download even those since this world will work without any CC.

I will be doing a version with Supernatural features added though, after it has come out. Like with new rabbit holes added and supernatural sims included to the pre-population, etc.

Speaking of the Supernatural EP... In what kind of places/homes would typical werewolves live? I really want this world to have a home for every type of sim... Maybe it would be fun to have a sim living in an apartment in the town but who has to secretly go run in the woods once a full moon! Or a picket fence perfect suburban family with a secret life... but what would be the style of a home for a typical werewolf?

That last sentence automatically made me think of The Vampire Diaries: the Lockwood family is the perfect upper class family. The dad is even the mayor of the town but they're also werewolves. Yeah...I'm secretly a teen fangirl under this rational 26 year old exterior.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
Original Poster
#29 Old 16th Jun 2012 at 7:49 AM
heaven Oh yeah, that's true! Or so I've heard, 'cause I sure don't watch it, oh no I don't... AHEM NO.
So werewolves can really live anywhere and be in any kind of social class, so I don't have to build anything for them particularly.
Forum Resident
#30 Old 16th Jun 2012 at 8:39 AM
Nope, you don't, having seen a few movies & series with werewolfs, as they only turn on a full moon they can be any class and thus live any where.
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
Original Poster
#31 Old 18th Jun 2012 at 1:41 PM
Phew, I've done a whole lot of routing and adding streetlights, but also finished some new lots! This post is really pic heavy!

There pier is just about done! The restaurant is a hangout type lot, so it's open during business hours and it suits the whole family. The octagonal tower is actually a playroom for kids, so you can just dump them there while Mom and Dad take a breather.

And here's a new watering hole, and old sailor joint! Near this beach there's a couple of low-cost beach cribs for bachelors...

I managed to get a bit of height variation with the brownstone apartments, and also the exteriors are more detailed. And there's now streetlights!

Aaaand Victorian homes are now ready for secretive sims, as each of them now have secret basements, passageways or towers!
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#32 Old 18th Jun 2012 at 3:35 PM
I cannot begin to express the level of excitement I have for this world. Every picture I am oohing and aahing over! However, the one thing that I don't like too much is that full size bay window on the brownstone building. It just seems out of place. Other than that though, A-Maze-Ing.

"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Top Secret Researcher
#33 Old 18th Jun 2012 at 4:54 PM
I'm in love already. I always liked Riverview but it was lacking.

Dont Have anything constructive to add now, just wanted to say i can't wait until its released

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Inventor
#34 Old 18th Jun 2012 at 8:24 PM
I can also only say that it's totally awesome. There aren't many new worlds these days that really make we wanna have them but this is one for sure! This is a really great, detailed and well arranged world. Thanks for your hard work.

You never know what’s comin’ for ya.
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
Original Poster
#35 Old 18th Jun 2012 at 9:15 PM
Thanks guys, that's lovely to hear! There are now two riverside promenades and a little memorial style plaza. The first promenade looks across the old town center, and the latter goes behind the Victorian homes... The one behind the Victorians was meant to look a little outgrown, to look spooky at night since those Victorians will be homes for spooky sims... The custom sky has randomly really foggy and misty nights, which should add to the eeriness! Oh, I wish Supernatural was out already...

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#36 Old 18th Jun 2012 at 10:06 PM
Can I please just have it now?

Honestly, I think you are doing a fantastic job. And yes, the more I see this thread, the more I want Supernatural. Which is saying a lot because, when I first heard of it, I was disappointed. Can we see another (or a few more) overview shots?

Top Secret Researcher
#37 Old 18th Jun 2012 at 10:09 PM
If you hold out for SN, you can put rocking chairs on the porches of the Victorian homes

(Oh what am I saying! I don't want to wait that long)

I would like to see some more overview shots too.

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
Original Poster
#38 Old 18th Jun 2012 at 10:15 PM
heaven I'm dying to start playing this too, because ever since CAW came out (what, two-three years ago?) I've been constantly trying to make this kind of world but it never quite worked out before... I've never even played the game properly, always thinking that I must make a world first!
Sure, I'll take overview shots from different sides!

Quote: Originally posted by Ive
If you hold out for SN, you can put rocking chairs on the porches of the Victorian homes

Oh I know! :lovestruc Right now they only have flowers and birdcages, so the chairs will really be perfect! And for the nursing home too, oh yeah which I got to finish next!
This world will be done before SN release though, but I'll definitely upload a new version with SN features added when it has come out.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#39 Old 18th Jun 2012 at 10:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ive

No, no! I do it myself! Gimme, gimme!

Okay, terrible-two tantrum over.

heaven I'm dying to start playing this too, because ever since CAW came out (what, two-three years ago?) I've been constantly trying to make this kind of world but it never quite worked out before... I've never even played the game properly, always thinking that I must make a world first!
Sure, I'll take overview shots from different sides!

Ha, I do the same thing. I have an awesome idea for a story and I have the perfect place IN MY HEAD of where it should take place. Unfortunately, I don't have the time, patience, or skills to actually create it myself.

Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
Original Poster
#40 Old 19th Jun 2012 at 4:31 PM
Here's a bunch of overview shots!

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#41 Old 20th Jun 2012 at 12:24 AM
It really is beautiful. Have you done the forest yet? I know previously you were still working on it. Just wondering if it will have some paths and "hidden" clearings and how big it will be overall and such. I was looking for it on the map but didn't see it specifically.

Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
Original Poster
#42 Old 20th Jun 2012 at 10:58 AM
heaven Yes, that's still on the works because the forrest area is really big. It'll have meadows, paths, hidden stuff to discover, a campsite, big waterfall, smaller stream and a pond... a lot of stuff, but it all should be done soon. I'll just have to paint some terrain and add some final foliage. Oh, and the area can be seen in the third and fourth overview pics, in the left. It still looked quite bare in those pics, so I couldn't really take any presentable pics just yet.
Field Researcher
#43 Old 20th Jun 2012 at 2:53 PM
I'm sorry to be asking this instead of of commenting on your world (which does look great though!), but where did you get that circus tent? I thought I had all EP's but I don't think I've seen it...?

Such CAS. Much tactile.

my blog
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
Original Poster
#44 Old 20th Jun 2012 at 3:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simsimillian
I'm sorry to be asking this instead of of commenting on your world (which does look great though!), but where did you get that circus tent? I thought I had all EP's but I don't think I've seen it...?

I made it, it's a building on a lot, not a rabbit hole or object. But I will upload it for download, since those pre-made SHT lots don't really fit the style of so many worlds...
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#45 Old 20th Jun 2012 at 3:28 PM
heaven Yes, that's still on the works because the forrest area is really big. It'll have meadows, paths, hidden stuff to discover, a campsite, big waterfall, smaller stream and a pond... a lot of stuff, but it all should be done soon. I'll just have to paint some terrain and add some final foliage. Oh, and the area can be seen in the third and fourth overview pics, in the left. It still looked quite bare in those pics, so I couldn't really take any presentable pics just yet.

Ooh, the other forest sounds like it will be lovely. Perfect for fairies, perhaps. Will there be any pine or spruce trees in the forest? Or mostly oak? Am thinking again of the Vampire Diaries and the woods where the ruined church and destroyed original Lockwood estate are.

If you would like any play testers, let me know. I'm not one of the most explorative players but I can still help if you need it.

Also, I just want to say that I get really excited when I notice you've commented on the thread. I'm actually at work right now but couldn't resist when I saw you had posted.

Field Researcher
#46 Old 20th Jun 2012 at 3:50 PM
I made it, it's a building on a lot, not a rabbit hole or object. But I will upload it for download, since those pre-made SHT lots don't really fit the style of so many worlds...

Oh, my, on closer inspection, I see it! Great work that, very creative!

Such CAS. Much tactile.

my blog
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
Original Poster
#47 Old 20th Jun 2012 at 8:29 PM
Here's a little update, with an overview shot of the woods, which is still on the works since it's pretty darn huge... for reference, the lot visible in the low is a 64x64 lot. Well, at least there's a lot of room for fairies, unicorns, wildlife and werewolves to roam all at the same time without supernatural traffic jams.
Also there's a new private performance venue, which also has band instruments as well as SHT stage, so you can perform both music and SHT stuff.

Field Researcher
#48 Old 21st Jun 2012 at 2:29 AM
This looks just wonderful! If you are going to put up a beta for testing, I would be glad to help since cc isn't required for the world. If not, well, I'll just wait for release.

The pics show what a huge effort you've put into this project. You can tell it's a labor of love
Mother Function
retired moderator
#49 Old 21st Jun 2012 at 3:25 AM
Thassit....I want it's now!

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
Original Poster
#50 Old 21st Jun 2012 at 5:37 PM
I'm glad to hear excitement for this world! Most people looking through this thread seem to be too shy to comment, so it's great to have comments!

The main street/old town center is coming together. It kinda looks quite New Hampshire like... There's a cinema, restaurant & business combination, saloon, jam lounge, grocery store, bookstore, consignment store and an old timey office home (the navy blue building) for AMB professions or maybe the fortuneteller career coming in SN!

Locked thread | Locked by: Yogi-Tea Reason: Old - OP may want to re-open thread
Page 2 of 9