Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jun 2012 at 7:37 PM Last edited by Audrey : 13th Jul 2012 at 6:19 PM.
Default Charmed, I'm sure - the Halliwell sisters, Piper,Phoebe, Paige and finally Prue
Hi all

This is my first attempt at creating the Charmed sisters. First I give you Piper (Holly Marie Combs).

She is not screaming Piper at me, so any feedback to get her there, will be much appreciated.

Screenshots

I feel honoured, a Spanish magazine wants to feature my Desperate Housewives and Will Smith in their feature on celebrity sims.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 17th Jun 2012 at 8:21 PM
IIIIkkk... I love you for this Audrey! Haha. Charmed used to be my no. 1 show some years ago. Piper was my favourite of the sisters aswell

- Her pupils should be a bit smaller. Her Iris color a bit less red. More hazel colored (yellow/brown?)
- Mouth is spot on. It looks like it's about copy/pasted. Don't touch it!
- Maybe try on some other eyebrows? These are a similar shape, but they look a bit short and the corner is a bit too sharp.
- Not sure, but maybe eyes should be a click or two smaller.

Her overall face seems to have the right shape. Nose looks about as good as it can be. It still annoys me how there's no slider for the upper part of the nose bridge. This is an issue for a lot of celebrity sims.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 17th Jun 2012 at 9:58 PM
You need a picture of Holly Marie Combs AS Piper. You may also need to make or have made custom eyebrows, as she isn't Piper without the eyebrow scar. Good luck, I love the crap outta that show.
Scholar
#4 Old 18th Jun 2012 at 4:02 AM
Turn tip of nose a bit. Try moving the nasal bridge down to even with the lower lid to see if that helps. Chin needs to be more pronounced / square and/or the angle of the jaw sharper. Great job!
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#5 Old 18th Jun 2012 at 5:29 AM
Piper was, and always will be, my favorite of the sisters!

I think her nostrils need to be just the slightest bit wider. Agree that the mouth is amazing as is though I am not sure about the color of the lipstick. Chin should be somewhat wider. Also, I'm not sure about the skintone. It's slightly too pink. Personally, I think her eyes are what is throwing it off. The shape isn't quite there yet. Try zooming your picture out some so we can see about the same amount of your sim as the reference picture.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 18th Jun 2012 at 8:37 AM
I agree about something being off about the eyes. To me, they look to much like almonds. I would suggest moving the upper apex towards the inner corner, and the lower apex towards the outer corner.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Jun 2012 at 4:52 PM Last edited by Audrey : 18th Jun 2012 at 5:17 PM.
I know, I know, her skin is not right. I am battling to get that yellowy tinge. I also have tried every eyebrow on her and believe me the ones she has on are the best. If anyone else has any other ideas let me know, or if someone kindly wants to make a pair of unmatched eyebrows, I think that will definitely make her look, wow!

I can't get her nose bridge wider as this will look out of line with the rest of her nose. Where oh where is that damn slider?

Anyway apart from that, anything else I can tweak?

Screenshots

I feel honoured, a Spanish magazine wants to feature my Desperate Housewives and Will Smith in their feature on celebrity sims.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#8 Old 18th Jun 2012 at 7:09 PM
Oooh, I think maybe move her eyes apart just a teeny bit. Seeing them sized the same makes it easier to see. The nose bridge width would help with that, especially if you could soften it up some (it's such a rigid look) but sometimes the game is less than cooperative. Jaw could be a bit smoother. Also, try putting a buydebug wall light in front of your sim, facing her. The picture is super dark right now.

"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Scholar
#9 Old 19th Jun 2012 at 2:34 AM
I think the eyebrows you have now are fine. Notice that the model is lifting one eyebrow which also makes one eye more wide open. (My kids call that my "mother" look.) Eyebrows could also be a tiny bit darker. Perhaps turn the nose tip up a bit more or pull it back / shorten the tip some. If you have a profile shot, that would help to compare. Chin needs to be just a little wider/squarer. Great work!
Scholar
#10 Old 21st Jun 2012 at 12:43 AM
She is amazing! I agree with Heaven and SimmyRN and I think you could make the brows a little bit less rotated.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 21st Jun 2012 at 1:04 AM
I think she needs higher cheek bones and a slightly softer nose.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#12 Old 29th Jun 2012 at 3:36 PM
Well, after a bit of a break, I'm back. This Halliwell sister is a b*tch to make. She has one eye lower than the other and mismatched eyebrows, so it is so difficult to get her 'look'.

Anyway, I have tweaked her till I don't know what else to do.

Waddya think?

I am going to go on to Phoebe next because I'm all simmed out with Piper. But crits welcome.

Screenshots

Test Subject
#13 Old 29th Jun 2012 at 4:41 PM
Very good so far ! The bridge of the nose could be a little wider, and there is something a little off with the eyes.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#14 Old 30th Jun 2012 at 12:10 AM
I agree that the nose bridge could be a little wider. Nose appears to need to come down a click or two or then have tip rotated up just a bit. Also, her chin still needs to be wider. I think the eyebrows aren't helping with her eyes. They are too narrow across the face and have too much of a reddish hue to them. Can we see a profile view of her? Lastly, I think that a different hair may be in order. That one makes her forehead look like it is not wide enough. Actually, you might be able to increase her overall face width a click or two as well.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#15 Old 2nd Jul 2012 at 4:50 PM
I know I have said this before, but this girl is the hardest sim I HAVE EVER TRIED. She is so asymmetrical. Her eyes are close together so you can't get that curve from her nose to her eyebrows which kinda makes her just miss 'the look'.
Anyway, waddya think.

Thanks everyone so far for your patient feedback. I am this close to giving up the whole project, so I need encouragement.

Screenshots

Inventor
#16 Old 2nd Jul 2012 at 8:11 PM
I think her face looks a bit hard now. Her jaw is a bit too big and should be more rounded. Have you tried the new eyebrow distance sliders? It will help with the nose bridge. Her skin is a little too dark aswell I think. And her nose septum should be wider
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#17 Old 3rd Jul 2012 at 11:21 AM
Thanks Malfoya. Those sliders have made a huge difference. I think I am getting closer. I will never get the eyebrows like they look in the picture because she is lifting the left one. In other pics they are not lifted.

Feedback? I want to get onto Phoebe now.

Screenshots

Test Subject
#18 Old 3rd Jul 2012 at 12:19 PM
I can see resemblance!!!!Can we see Phoebe I can't wait to see her :D
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 3rd Jul 2012 at 12:44 PM
I think she looks phenomenal, Audrey. The change in brows really softened her face.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#20 Old 4th Jul 2012 at 5:18 AM
I can definitely see the resemblance! In my opinion, she is one of your best sims. I do think the nose bridge area needs more work. It's too harsh and narrow at the moment which throws off the rest of the face. If you fiddle with that and get it closer, I think she will be AMAZING. I would suggest lightening the skin some as well. Color is right I think, just a little too tan.

Lab Assistant
#21 Old 4th Jul 2012 at 11:50 PM
Wow! She looks real nice. Sorry to jump in the thread here. Only one thing is a little bit off: the nostrils are wider and seems what rotated as I look at pic of the actress. I don't know if this is of any help for you, and if it can be done with existing sliders.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#22 Old 11th Jul 2012 at 4:58 PM
After a long hiatus of my daughter hogging the Sims programme playing sims, I can now finally upload Phoebe.

What do you think?

PS Heaven, I fiddled with that nose bridge and there is nothing I can do to make it better. Thanks for the compliment.

Thank you everyone for your feedback.

Screenshots

Test Subject
#23 Old 11th Jul 2012 at 6:39 PM
She is looking good soo far!!!I think that her down lip need to be little wider,and her septum need to be little wider too.Other she is looking good.Will you create a Paige and Prue?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#24 Old 12th Jul 2012 at 7:26 AM
Yes, I will do Paige and then Prue. Thanks for the feedback, Igivica.

Anyone else have anything to add? After those tweaks can I move on?

Lab Assistant
#25 Old 12th Jul 2012 at 8:27 AM
Only a few tiny things. I agree with widening the lower lip, and making it a tiny bit bigger, and the top lip a tiny bit smaller.
Perhaps curve the eyebrows more and/or raise them the slightest.
Her eyes are just a little bit off for me. I think reducing the pupil size and making the brown less red toned would help really nail the likeness.

Other than that, she looks bloody fantastic.
Locked thread
Page 1 of 3