Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Everyone Work From Home (January 25th, 2014)

by JunJayMdM Posted 1st Jul 2012 at 10:19 PM - Updated 24th Jan 2014 at 11:40 PM by JunJayMdM : Updated for 1.67

42 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 16 Feedback Posts, 25 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 2nd Jul 2012 at 12:38 AM
How clever! I always wanted some of my sims to be able to work on their comp but never give them that trait, it feels like a waste of trait space And yes, please do an autonomous version, at least they'll do something intelligent with their computer, not just play or chat!
'Do not tickle it or it will pee its pants!' ROFL Cannot. Resist. *tickles the mod*
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Jul 2012 at 12:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MiniMimi
How clever! I always wanted some of my sims to be able to work on their comp but never give them that trait, it feels like a waste of trait space And yes, please do an autonomous version, at least they'll do something intelligent with their computer, not just play or chat!
'Do not tickle it or it will pee its pants!' ROFL Cannot. Resist. *tickles the mod*

Done, the 'Special' version is now available for download (if not, wait a few minutes and reload the page, it takes a while).

There, now you have to change its pants and clean the folder or it will stink. I warned you not to tickle it

Nothing's real. Nothing's unreal either.
The frontier between true and untrue is a shady fuzzy line.
Destiny, or maybe the long flight's time-span, shall decide the issue.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 2nd Jul 2012 at 1:15 AM
thank you very much for this. always wanted to make a sim work from like i do without always wanted to do it!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 2nd Jul 2012 at 9:53 AM
Thank you so much for this. I was just trying to make a mod similar to this, couldn't get it to work and ended up giving all my sims the Workaholic trait instead.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 2nd Jul 2012 at 10:18 AM
thank you very very much for this mod!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 2nd Jul 2012 at 11:25 AM
Woohoo! Grabbin' the special autonomous-for-all version!

I had to mop the folder twice, it was horrible LOL
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 2nd Jul 2012 at 11:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MiniMimi
I had to mop the folder twice, it was horrible LOL

hihihihi (insert evil smiley here)

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 2nd Jul 2012 at 1:44 PM
Hi MDM. Just curious what this does exactly. Does it let all my sims work from home? In other words, they don't have to leave the house for their careers? I'd love to know how firefighters fight fires from a puter Then, then question is ... why the different versions? All autonomous means that no sims ever leave the house as opposed to just workaholics or nobody leaving the house?

Great job again though
We should work together sometime again hehe.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 2nd Jul 2012 at 2:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CyberBob78
Hi MDM. Just curious what this does exactly. Does it let all my sims work from home? In other words, they don't have to leave the house for their careers? I'd love to know how firefighters fight fires from a puter Then, then question is ... why the different versions? All autonomous means that no sims ever leave the house as opposed to just workaholics or nobody leaving the house?

Great job again though
We should work together sometime again hehe.

What it does is simply enable the interaction for all sims, while it was originally available only for Workaholics. That's the only part I recreated in my new interaction, the rest was left untouched, so that's EA's doing about which career can be worked at home and which not.
As for the two versions, the original mod leaves autonomy only for Workaholics. In words you can understand, the trait workaholic is advertised while Fun isn't. The NoAutonomous version has a DisallowAutonomous set to true, while the Special version has an advertising for Fun (the usual fake ad) to push non-workaholic sims.
They still require to go to work of course, don't forget this is a clone of the original interaction

Yeah, we should do something together, indeed

Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#11 Old 2nd Jul 2012 at 2:03 PM
I love and use your "Study Skills Online" Mod. I guess both Mods will be compatible?
Thank you for your great mods
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 2nd Jul 2012 at 2:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shmovese
I love and use your "Study Skills Online" Mod. I guess both Mods will be compatible?
Thank you for your great mods

Thanks, yes you can use them together, Study Skills Online conflicts only with itself (2 copies of the same mod in the packages folder), although even in that case, one of the 2 or both will be disabled to prevent massive brain damage or simply the game not loading. While EveryoneWorkFromHome...the same, script mods hardly conflict with each other.
In this specific case, you're safe

Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 2nd Jul 2012 at 2:26 PM
Love it! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 2nd Jul 2012 at 5:14 PM
Ah what a wonderful mod! Question, though. Is it possible to create a mod that allows your teens (and kids) to work on the computer as a replacement for school?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 2nd Jul 2012 at 5:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Terrydy
Ah what a wonderful mod! Question, though. Is it possible to create a mod that allows your teens (and kids) to work on the computer as a replacement for school?

It's not exactly what you're asking but NRaas Careers mod (Schools module) has a "home schooling" career that should do it for you, all you have to do is homework, downloadable off a computer. I never tried it myself so I'm just reporting the description in there.

You will need the base Career mod first, then install the Schools module, you can read everything you need here ----> NRaas Careers

Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#16 Old 2nd Jul 2012 at 8:18 PM
Thank you!
Forum Resident
#17 Old 3rd Jul 2012 at 5:20 AM
Nice addition to the game. Just curious, what is exactly "Work from Home" do, is it increase job performance or something? Thank you.

Btw, are you taking request? Can you also make a mod that "Clip coupon on newspaper" available for everyone, not just Frugal sims?
I try changing the ITUN for Clip coupon on newspaper and find coupon on computer, but only the find coupon on computer works, the other (clip coupon on newspaper) doesn't work.
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 3rd Jul 2012 at 9:45 AM
anak_ponti> yes it slowly increases the job performance green bar that is on your sims's work tab. When this bar is filled your sim is "eligible" for advancement (or a raise if he's at the max level), being in a good mood too should be enough then to get your advancement. Working from home cannot replace going to work because missing a day of work will make you loose a big chunk of the bar.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 3rd Jul 2012 at 11:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by anak_ponti
Nice addition to the game. Just curious, what is exactly "Work from Home" do, is it increase job performance or something? Thank you.

What Minimimi said, plus, since you know how to tune, if you search for "WorkAtHomePerormanceIncPerHour" in ComputerExpensive, you can change its value to increase performance. The same value is in VideoPokerMachine as well, they're both XML

Quote: Originally posted by anak_ponti
Btw, are you taking request? Can you also make a mod that "Clip coupon on newspaper" available for everyone, not just Frugal sims?
I try changing the ITUN for Clip coupon on newspaper and find coupon on computer, but only the find coupon on computer works, the other (clip coupon on newspaper) doesn't work.

Sure, it shouldn't take long, it's just a simple modification. And you're right, ClipCoupon for computers have no restrictions hardcoded, so changing the ITUN works fine. While the one for newspapers has it in the code. I'll start working on it today

Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#20 Old 3rd Jul 2012 at 12:29 PM
Thanks to both of you.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 10:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MDM
What it does is simply enable the interaction for all sims, while it was originally available only for Workaholics. That's the only part I recreated in my new interaction, the rest was left untouched, so that's EA's doing about which career can be worked at home and which not.
As for the two versions, the original mod leaves autonomy only for Workaholics. In words you can understand, the trait workaholic is advertised while Fun isn't. The NoAutonomous version has a DisallowAutonomous set to true, while the Special version has an advertising for Fun (the usual fake ad) to push non-workaholic sims.
They still require to go to work of course, don't forget this is a clone of the original interaction

Yeah, we should do something together, indeed

Even Firefighters probably have to write reports, do peer reviews, research techniques for firefighting, set up community education programs etc. I'm a nurse and I still "work from home" a great deal, especially the farther up the career ladder I get. There are very few careers that have no need for work from home these days.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#22 Old 11th Jul 2012 at 8:25 PM
Do u need to get a job first? Cos I downloaded the special version, and in game clicked on my sims computer and saw no interaction? lol sorry for being a bit thick :o/,
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 11th Jul 2012 at 9:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jake Lucas
Do u need to get a job first? Cos I downloaded the special version, and in game clicked on my sims computer and saw no interaction? lol sorry for being a bit thick :o/,

Yes, you need a job first, you can't work from home if you don't have a job and it's work time

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 11:39 PM
Appreciated!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 24th Jul 2012 at 4:22 PM
I have a request for you because I LOVE all these that your doing. I agree that you don't have to be ocd on a topic to do, like work from home, get some cupons.... Mostly though I would like to be able to :

CLEAN THE WHOLE HOUSE!
and
DONATE!

I think the average person ( or sim!) can commit to a day of house cleaning without clicking on EVERY SINGLE THING. If you do this I will be your BIGGEST FAN! You rock!
Page 1 of 2