Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 4:22 AM
Default Disease Mod!!
So guess what everyone! I was looking at Twallan's "State of the Mod" and I saw that he has a new mod called Vector. From what I read about it, it seems to be a disease mod...
From his webpage
"Virology Department"
  • "Buy Immune Boosters
    Increases your resistance to a particular disease, allowing you to fight it off faster
    Note that boosters stack, so feel free to purchase as many as you want."
  • "Research Disease
    Produces a detailed report regarding a specific disease, including symptoms, immunity boosters, inflammatories, etc."
  • "Diseases
    Contains a list of diseases, each with their own set of settings
    (Note that some diseases may have custom settings defined by tuning which are not listed here)"

Go check it out!!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 4:28 AM
Hey now, I'm not finished with that one yet.

You should wait a couple of days unless you want to help test it out for me.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 4:32 AM
oooh, sounds absolutely great! Wished to have diseases for sims 3 like for ever! Can't wait
Forum Resident
#4 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 4:49 AM
I thought diseases would finally be included in Supernatural EP! Aren't they? I wish all the diseases from Sims 2 were in Sims 3.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 10:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by twallan
Hey now, I'm not finished with that one yet.

You should wait a couple of days unless you want to help test it out for me.

OMG Twallan is talking to me!! ... Ok now that I got that out of the way, actually I guess I'm already testing it for you lol. I installed it in my game, but haven't played it yet.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 12:19 PM
Finally! Can't wait to go back to my computer and check it. Gameplay will be much more interesting. Tbh like with every Twallan's mod.

There should be "hamster disease" in memory of TS 1 biting hamsters lol
Forum Resident
#7 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 3:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IzzyBess
Finally! Can't wait to go back to my computer and check it. Gameplay will be much more interesting. Tbh like with every Twallan's mod.

There should be "hamster disease" in memory of TS 1 biting hamsters lol

Wait, I'm not understanding. Will this mod actually add diseases to the game??
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 5:57 PM
Quote:
The Vector is a custom disease loader. The mod utilizes XML tuning packages to simulate a variety of viral effects in your town.

What's so complicated about it?

In other words, yes it will add them.

Or am I wrong and it will add cute pink ponies?
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 6:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IzzyBess
Or am I wrong and it will add cute pink ponies?

*chuckles*

I almost have it finished now, all that is missing is a component to allow inactives to heal themselves.

Should be done by tomorrow. Keep an eye out on the update page for its release : http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Update+History

Cheers.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 6:18 PM
Cool. I can't wait to try it
Retired
retired moderator
#11 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 6:26 PM
Quote:
Note that once you are inoculated, you can pass it on to your babies and toddlers by snuggling them.

Forget breast milk. Snuggles are where it's at for baby's immunological protection. :P

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 6:35 PM
It is the miracle of modern technology, at least in the Sim universe.

If only it were that easy in real-life.

Forum Resident
#13 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 9:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by twallan
It is the miracle of modern technology, at least in the Sim universe.

If only it were that easy in real-life.

Well, but will it have custom animations then? If Sims come down with a cold or flu will it cause them to cough a lot?
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 10:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sof_m9
Well, but will it have custom animations then?

Nope, outta luck on that one I'm afraid.

I deal solely in simulation, adding custom animations would be a nice-to-have, but I do not consider them necessary to the operation of the mod.

Lab Assistant
#15 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 10:20 PM
How does one know that a sim in your game has a disease? Will we see them coughing or vomiting or is a message pop-up the only indication that a sim in your town is sick?
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 10:50 PM
Regarding the active sims ? You receive a notice when a sim starts showing signs, but you can visit the hospital earlier and get a check up if you are worried.

For the inactives, they will appear distressed, with reduced motives, or reacting in odd ways. I use the existing animations available in the game to visualize symptoms, such as the "Why Me" reaction, or outright vomiting.

If you are interested in tracking the diseases in-game, there is a debugging interaction called "Dump Survey" which creates a log of all the diseases in your town.

Lab Assistant
#17 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 11:29 PM
And if your sim is in the medical profession would you be able to go about curing sims from these diseases? It just occurred to me that you can use that profession in its full potential with this mod.
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 11:53 PM
Good idea.

Lab Assistant
#19 Old 24th Jul 2012 at 1:16 AM
Can death occur from these diseases?
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 24th Jul 2012 at 2:08 AM
A couple of them can lead to death, yes. The ones I have written are included in the [Lethal] module.

Field Researcher
#21 Old 24th Jul 2012 at 2:57 AM
Thanks to hipster90 for the headsup, and Twallan, you are a sim-god! I can't wait to release this bit of realism into my neighborhoods! Do you have any plans for a full blown plague, including children?
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 24th Jul 2012 at 3:43 AM
Not at the moment, though I will eventually add more in the future. Perhaps another modder will beat me to the punch though.

Lab Assistant
#23 Old 24th Jul 2012 at 4:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ldms510
Thanks to hipster90 for the headsup, and Twallan, you are a sim-god! I can't wait to release this bit of realism into my neighborhoods! Do you have any plans for a full blown plague, including children?

I'm about to get medieval on some Sim ass!! Downright BIBLICAL!!
Mad Poster
#24 Old 24th Jul 2012 at 8:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NAJ P. Jackson
And if your sim is in the medical profession would you be able to go about curing sims from these diseases? It just occurred to me that you can use that profession in its full potential with this mod.

I was going to ask about Doctors and how those Sims can impact the diseases? Would it be okay to have them use the chemistry set to make new medicine that cure the major diseases and get a large payday? Or do that while at work in the hospital, if their logic and cooking is high?

I am so excited to play with this mod in my test town tomorrow. I do bow before your sim awesomeness Twallan. I love how you set the fun bar very high in the game.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 24th Jul 2012 at 2:20 PM Last edited by NAJ P. Jackson : 24th Jul 2012 at 7:06 PM.
I was thinking more of the Ambition doctor career. I haven't tried that particular career yet but from what I gathered in lgr's reviews your sim can go around vaccinating random sims in your town so I think that would be perfect for curing these diseases in the game.
Page 1 of 4