Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Modernised Mill: FF 4 Bed/3 Bath + FSC Guest House + Bridging Feature (EP Compatible)

by Loverat Posted 1st Mar 2005 at 2:35 PM - Updated 1st Mar 2005 at 2:45 PM by Loverat

16 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 15 Feedback Posts
Test Subject
#2 Old 1st Mar 2005 at 2:47 PM
Completely gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your wonderful talents with us! Downloading now, will be hopefully playing in it later this eve!
Field Researcher
#3 Old 1st Mar 2005 at 7:24 PM
Thank You, this is beautiful. I'll probably redecorate a little, but I really like the use of space and light. Tabby's Granhag
Inventor
#4 Old 1st Mar 2005 at 10:51 PM
Looks lovely, I will download it into my Veronaville soon. Thanks for your time and lovely work, also your detailed descriptions and instructions are much appreciated.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 1:52 AM
Wow, loverat I'm speechless! This lot will fit nicely in my rural neighborhood!
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 12:26 PM
Eh thanks guys its the one thing I enjoy doing even if packaging lots is now a royal pain in the buttski! But not everyone has the time to do it themselves. I think I need to do a lower price range next hehe - maybe I could renovate actual houses!

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
#7 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 2:16 PM
cant you give me et zip one??
#8 Old 9th Mar 2005 at 2:37 AM
Awesome Job!
#9 Old 12th Mar 2005 at 12:13 AM
Have downloaded this and had a look inside and found this house to be the best, amazing, detail, gorgeous, awesome size home that I have downloaded so far....in saying this every home I have downloaded all have their own characteristics they are all awesome
Test Subject
#10 Old 20th Mar 2005 at 8:26 AM
Your homes are all impressive.
#11 Old 26th Mar 2005 at 10:31 PM Last edited by ARIOCH_LOM : 27th Mar 2005 at 8:11 PM.
This is an astounding piece of work the design is exellance itself and the decor is amazing ( this from a non-simer btw) ive downloaded this for the kids lol they play sims on another pc but i try everthing out on mine first ( this is the first house that made me think ill have ago at this game) lovely work.
don't know why your rating an't 5 stars thou

ive a few problems with a couple of items thou :/ ive Ep installed got the colour changer package and everthing installed but the sofa in the main room the shower curtains, the trashcompacter in the white kitchen and my most favourite item the cookie jars (LOL) in the kitchen are base Blue ohh and the candles in the bedroom, as i would like to keep this house as you intended it to be, could you help please

much thanks (and please please keep up the good work)

PEACE ARI :o)
Test Subject
#12 Old 2nd Apr 2005 at 11:04 PM
I love the idea of renovating and reusing old (but structurally safe) buildings IRL, and even if this building hasn't really been used in the past I love it! *Grins*
Test Subject
#13 Old 11th Apr 2005 at 8:10 AM
Love the house, enchantingly beautiful. unfortunatly when I try to go across the bridge to the Gearhouse my sims can't walk acros it??? I created A lovly family who just moved in, and I can't play it .
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 11th Jun 2005 at 12:14 PM
Loverat, I absolutely love this building. By far one of my faves- I'm very impressed with some of the advanced building features you put in ;-P

However, the suspended tunnel that connects the two has been causing me problems. My sims don't want to cross it, and I can only suppose the raised floor edges are to blame. Has anyone else had this problem or know a way to fix it?

Listen! Do you smell that?
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 30th Jun 2005 at 2:03 AM Last edited by Secun687 : 30th Jun 2005 at 2:06 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by siempre
Loverat, I absolutely love this building. By far one of my faves- I'm very impressed with some of the advanced building features you put in ;-P

However, the suspended tunnel that connects the two has been causing me problems. My sims don't want to cross it, and I can only suppose the raised floor edges are to blame. Has anyone else had this problem or know a way to fix it?

I too think the house is very beautiful, however I am having a problem with getting my sims to cross over the tunnel that is connected to the house above the terrain, and I tried to remove it with the build mode and was not successful. I want to use the house in a sim movie iam directing , and I wanted to know if you could fix this Loverat. Thanks
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 30th Jun 2005 at 10:01 PM
I haven't raised a reply from Loverat, so I experimented a bit and found a way to fix the tunnel problem, but it requires completely removing the cool 'curved' affect :-(
However, at least now my sims can cross between the two complexes.
It's also really quite simple; go into build mode, select any floor tile and starting on an adjacent completely flat floor tile, drag forward towards the tunnel and you'll see the tunnel flatten to match the encroaching floor. Once done flattening the tunnel floor, delete excess tiles/change colors back to whatever you desire.
Now, you also have to flatten the roof, or still your sims can't cross.
Go up a level and notice the 'edge-hanger' tiles that hang off your second floor into the outside? Use these to extend floor tiles, one at a time, towards the tunnel roof. Eventually you'll have to extend these excess tiles all along the roof of the tunnel to flatten the top, making your tunnel roof look almost like it has an ugly overhang :-P
Once the roof is flattened as well, delete excess tiles and voila! Your sims should now be able to cross the tunnel... albeit it's not as cool anymore.
*WARNING* do not grab the tunnel windows during this process, it makes things icky. Leave them alone unless you want to delete them completely.

Thanks again Loverat for the awesome house!!

Listen! Do you smell that?
Test Subject
#17 Old 31st Oct 2006 at 6:08 PM
good work!