Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jul 2012 at 11:44 PM
Default Funny Townie Names
Recently I've begun to notice some townies in game to have children and give them the worst names ever. Like Jamie Jolina from Sunset Valley: she had a son with Christopher Steel and named him Ferby. Teeny! Also, sometimes the game generates new Sims that move into town and they have a myriad of personalities, appearances and names. Like this guy named Michael. Michael Hunt. If only his named was abbreviated to Mike... Then there was Ivana Mandic! I lol'ed so hard it was painful. Share any other names you've encountered!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 27th Jul 2012 at 2:11 AM
I don't ever see these funny names. I create all the sims and use a name generator to name them.
Alchemist
#3 Old 27th Jul 2012 at 2:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gatorade3
I lol'ed so hard it was painful. Share any other names you've encountered!

I know the feeling.
Some grads of awhile ago:
Leff Jello
Dis Preggitt
Drekky Juss
Ott Skevins
Balise Wafflewood
ETA: These were the names I could hear called out during grad ceremonies, so I don't know if they were actually in the game, but it was a good laugh anyway.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Jul 2012 at 3:09 AM
Lol! Either way they're funny I guess this thread could just be names in general, really, but I'm not sure if that's on topic
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 27th Jul 2012 at 8:02 AM
I would love it if auto-generated names were like the ones that Applefeather2 heard at graduation. Failing that, I shall try to develop a talent for thinking them up. To me, they have a native Sim sound that is more pleasant and natural than the colonial or Ellis Island-style names that many EA Sims have been saddled with.
Alchemist
#6 Old 27th Jul 2012 at 2:52 PM
There was another thread like this some time ago. My favorite townie name that I ever got in my game was Santos de los Santos. I expected him to see him performing miracles all over town. At the very least, he should have been accompanied by heavenly music wherever he went.
I know that a lot of the names on the list for townie generation in Sims 2 were actually names of EA employees, who are a very multi-national bunch. I can only assume the same is true for Sims 3.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 27th Jul 2012 at 3:37 PM
My game once generated a Cletus Elkins, which was amusingly hillbilly-ish.

World Adventures tourist names can also be odd. If you're a history buff or have been following events in the Middle East for the past couple of years, tourists called Robespierre and Mubarak sound more than a little questionable.
Scholar
#8 Old 27th Jul 2012 at 4:21 PM
I still love my Muhammed Christian that was once generated. The dancers in my game always get naughty puns like Honey Buns (current dancer) I don't know if that is EA standard or Twallan's doing. I like the names of the Imaginary friends too.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 27th Jul 2012 at 6:48 PM
Jack Jackson.

Seriously?

Accidental Murder
Alchemist
#10 Old 27th Jul 2012 at 7:14 PM
Field Researcher
#11 Old 28th Jul 2012 at 3:25 AM
My sims names are always okay. The only one that sticks out is Chadd. Why the second d? Lol. Graciela sticks out for me, too.
Alchemist
#12 Old 28th Jul 2012 at 6:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kewpie
I still love my Muhammed Christian that was once generated. The dancers in my game always get naughty puns like Honey Buns (current dancer) I don't know if that is EA standard or Twallan's doing. I like the names of the Imaginary friends too.

You'll never find anyone with that name IRL for sure.

In one of the bloopers, I've seen Precious Lemons. lol
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 28th Jul 2012 at 6:37 AM
In Lucky Palms a name that just generated for a newborn was Wilbert Gilbert. That made me laugh. Also one time the game named a boy Helmet, I changed that. A lot of the times I just leave some random weird or ugly names because well IRL you can't control what people name their children, but Helmet no lol. No sim children named after protective headgear for me haha.
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 28th Jul 2012 at 7:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ViviSims2
Jack Jackson.

Seriously?
Um... Robbie Robertson? (Something to think about, anyway, just saying.)
Field Researcher
#15 Old 28th Jul 2012 at 9:10 PM Last edited by kiatyn : 30th Jul 2012 at 7:21 PM.
Heh, I just got a Julius Cesar. Yes, I had CAS him to make him have the "emperor of evil" LTW as soon as I saw it.

(and yes I know, Julius wasn't necessarily an evil emperor. But THIS Julius had that trait. And, I didn't want to rename him Nero. )
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 29th Jul 2012 at 12:15 AM Last edited by MinghamSmith : 31st Jul 2012 at 5:10 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by sunnyside83
Also one time the game named a boy Helmet, I changed that. A lot of the times I just leave some random weird or ugly names because well IRL you can't control what people name their children, but Helmet no lol. No sim children named after protective headgear for me haha.

I can only assume Helmet was a case of the developers disastrously misspelling the name Helmut, which is a perfectly valid German name that may have no connection whatsoever to protective headgear.*

I've also had French tourist names that end in "the XVI," which would inevitably lead to an even more awkward version of the Malcolm Landgraab IV problem from TS2 where anyone who marries them gains the roman numeral as well as the surname. The word "the" should never be acquired through marriage. Or by inheritance, for that matter.

*Meaning unclear- "-mut" roughly translates to "courage" or "vigour," while "hel" resembles various words in different languages. "Hel" admittedly does resemble "helm" or "helmet", but has also been linked to words for "bright", "sword" and "hell," so anyone naming their son Helmut probably isn't calling them a metal hat.
Inventor
#17 Old 29th Jul 2012 at 5:02 AM
I never have anything but Mexican names.

Some people have a Guardian Angel, you know a little guy sitting on your shoulder that tells you right from wrong, but mine is an Idiot.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 30th Jul 2012 at 1:31 AM
Hahaha some of these are super funny! I have recently gotten a Sandy Beech in game and a Wesley West.
Test Subject
#19 Old 30th Jul 2012 at 2:10 AM
Speaking of really awful names, what about making a town of sims with names like I.P. Freely, Oliver Pantzhoff and Isaac Urcock.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 30th Jul 2012 at 11:14 AM
Once saw a NPC with the name Hans Worst (my game is in dutch), which clearly refers to hanswurst.
Forum Resident
#21 Old 30th Jul 2012 at 8:02 PM
While playing Bridgeport, I ran across a female townie named Sparkles Sanchez. And I once had not one, but two guys named Gustav Gusto living in my town at the same time. Seriously, what are the chances?? I've also seen Candy Bar and Sugar Free.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 30th Jul 2012 at 9:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by applefeather2
Leff Jello

That's it. Once I learn to play a musical instrument, THAT IS MY BAND NAME.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 30th Jul 2012 at 11:47 PM
This is completely random and a completely normal name, but for some reason Jenny Jones-Brown in Twinbrook makes me giggle. I don't know why. I think my brother was watching me play or something and he started checking out the names and we got a little silly so I adopted a Bernie Mac voice and said 'Jenny Jones-Brown.' You really need to hear it the way I hear it in my head to appreciate it but despite all of the cracked out names townies can have, this is still the one that gets me the most.
Inventor
#24 Old 30th Jul 2012 at 11:59 PM
My favorite name is Torgo Pendragon.

If I can't find a mate for a female Legacy during her teen years, Torgo is the one I call on when it comes to match-making. Every time she gets hungry, she orders a large sausage and mushroom on thin crust and hopes for Torgo to deliver it. It might be two hours later, but the pizza will still be warm and she'll get the complimentary Crazy Bread.

(If you get this, then I love you. Let's have babies.)

Shy, Clumsy, Insane, Artistic, Hopeless Romantic, Cat Person, Supernatural Fan

Art tumblr
deviantart
Forum Resident
#25 Old 31st Jul 2012 at 6:54 AM
The ones I find strange are the names that just don't fit with the rest of their family. When the first two sons are called Ethan and Julian, why call the third Hiram? When the older daughter is called Claudia, why name the younger one Sunshine?
Page 1 of 5