Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#26 Old 31st Jul 2012 at 1:51 PM
I just saw a notice that a Sim in Starlight Shores had given birth to a son called Grunt Grumble. The parents are called Gray Grumble and Viol Grumble.
Advertisement
Instructor
#28 Old 1st Aug 2012 at 7:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunshine021
I noticed a pre-made Sim in Twinbrook named Nick Knack earlier.

Almost all of the pre-made sims in Twinbrook have punny names like that.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 1st Aug 2012 at 8:16 PM
My favorite was always Goopy Gilscarbo. I recreated him in my game.
Theorist
#30 Old 3rd Aug 2012 at 9:56 AM
Is "Bobbi Babcock" weird enough? Or maybe "Boyd Boyce".

Hmm... why does all of the weird names I found have BB initial?
Top Secret Researcher
#32 Old 3rd Aug 2012 at 11:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KittyCarey
The ones I find strange are the names that just don't fit with the rest of their family. When the first two sons are called Ethan and Julian, why call the third Hiram? When the older daughter is called Claudia, why name the younger one Sunshine?

Why don't those names fit with the rest of the family?

Better than twins called Noel Montaque and Noel Montaque!
Test Subject
#33 Old 3rd Aug 2012 at 4:28 PM
The weirdest names I've come across are:

Ti Red. (Tired.)
Moneall Tyme. (Moan all the time.)

c:
Scholar
#34 Old 3rd Aug 2012 at 7:24 PM
If you use Twallan's Story Progression, one of the options under Pregnancy is to let you name all the baby sims/horses/cats/dogs/any combination thereof born in the town. And when the popup appears it has a name already suggested, so you don't have to change it if it isn't shitty. I use it to make sure my sims get ethnically appropriate names, after all the billion times I've had some white Anglo-Saxon family name their son Jamal.

A lot of the times with the weird names I let them go ahead and use it. It gives the neighborhood a quirky sense and reminds me of Sims 2 or 1, when everyone's name was a pun. So my towns have a lot of Norma Average or Stellan Steel or Godric Goddards running around.

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Test Subject
#35 Old 5th Aug 2012 at 2:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gatorade3
Recently I've begun to notice some townies in game to have children and give them the worst names ever. Like Jamie Jolina from Sunset Valley: she had a son with Christopher Steel and named him Ferby. Teeny! Also, sometimes the game generates new Sims that move into town and they have a myriad of personalities, appearances and names. Like this guy named Michael. Michael Hunt. If only his named was abbreviated to Mike... Then there was Ivana Mandic! I lol'ed so hard it was painful. Share any other names you've encountered!

Ivana is Croatian name (and some other countries have that name) and Mandic is Croatian last name. I never saw Croatian names in my game.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#36 Old 5th Aug 2012 at 2:40 PM
Hugh Kidding in Appaloosa Plains
Theorist
#37 Old 6th Aug 2012 at 5:09 AM Last edited by vhanster : 6th Aug 2012 at 2:07 PM.
Brain LaLaland.

Seriously? LaLaLand? That particular Sim probably got a Brain damage during his birth and he lives the rest of his life in Lalaland
Test Subject
#38 Old 6th Aug 2012 at 9:07 PM
Well, I had a family move into my town. Dad, mom, two daughters - all of them black. And guess what last name did my game choose for them? Cotton.
The Cottons. Uh, my game is kind of racist.
Theorist
#39 Old 16th Aug 2012 at 3:17 PM
Should mention that if you participate in Horse-riding competition (especially international), you come across very amusing names. There are Crooks, Gentiles, and the likes showing up quite frequently.
Alchemist
#40 Old 17th Aug 2012 at 7:00 AM
Here, my Sim who happened to meet a generated townie. She isn't a sweet girl. Literally.

Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 18th Aug 2012 at 10:33 PM
Jack Hammer is a dancer generated in my game. Totally cracked me up.
Field Researcher
#42 Old 19th Aug 2012 at 12:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by QueenJimmyIV
My favorite name is Torgo Pendragon.

If I can't find a mate for a female Legacy during her teen years, Torgo is the one I call on when it comes to match-making. Every time she gets hungry, she orders a large sausage and mushroom on thin crust and hopes for Torgo to deliver it. It might be two hours later, but the pizza will still be warm and she'll get the complimentary Crazy Bread.

(If you get this, then I love you. Let's have babies.)

He was always my favorite too! I had a really good laugh when I first saw him in my game! And I totally got your reference I think we should name our first child Mike or Pearl
Test Subject
#43 Old 19th Aug 2012 at 6:23 PM
My game came up with Kermit as a random name. Kermit Wolff in Sunset Valley (child of Thornton & Morgana). Every time I ran across him all I could think of was the muppets show, so I used twallans MC to change his name. Then shortly afterwards I came across another Kermit...
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 20th Aug 2012 at 12:11 AM
I just had an NPC spawn with the name Ray Gunne. Really! I took pity on him and renamed him Raymond.
Forum Resident
#45 Old 20th Aug 2012 at 2:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simbalena
Why don't those names fit with the rest of the family?

It turns out Hiram is a rare biblical name, not the one I thought it was, so he does fit with his brothers. Oops.

Quote: Originally posted by vhanster
Brain LaLaland.

Seriously? LaLaLand? That particular Sim probably got a Brain damage during his birth and he lives the rest of his life in Lalaland

I've had a Brain before, though not a LaLaland. Fun fact: Brain is a real surname (I don't know about first name). There are real people called Mr/Ms Brain.
#46 Old 20th Aug 2012 at 10:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by QueenJimmyIV
My favorite name is Torgo Pendragon.

If I can't find a mate for a female Legacy during her teen years, Torgo is the one I call on when it comes to match-making. Every time she gets hungry, she orders a large sausage and mushroom on thin crust and hopes for Torgo to deliver it. It might be two hours later, but the pizza will still be warm and she'll get the complimentary Crazy Bread.

(If you get this, then I love you. Let's have babies.)

Ok that tears it, someone has to do MST3K mods including the Master's outfit.

I have a guy in my game whose name is entirely in chatspeak. Unfortunately since I have no current game I can't bring it up but it's like Cyc10nesomething.

and I did get a chuckle out of seeing the surname Elfman since Danny is my favorite composer.
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 20th Aug 2012 at 2:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlackjackGabbiani
I have a guy in my game whose name is entirely in chatspeak. Unfortunately since I have no current game I can't bring it up but it's like Cyc10nesomething.

Do you mean Cycl0n3 Sw0rd?
#48 Old 21st Aug 2012 at 8:32 AM
Yeah yeah, that one!
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 23rd Aug 2012 at 9:40 AM
And my game called another unfortunate NPC something regrettable: Candy Bar! I'm a benevolent Watcher, so I'm going to rename her Candice. (Like Ray Gunne to Raymond Gunne, it keeps the pun, but is mercifully much subtler.)
Test Subject
#50 Old 27th Aug 2012 at 4:12 PM
i remember playing ts3 on my ds on holiday and finding a blue hot-headed dude called Eddie Kruger! I laughed so hard when i accidentaly left my ds on overnight only to discover she had married him!!!! - Kittymaniac12345
Page 2 of 5