Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#51 Old 1st Sep 2012 at 8:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kewpie
Twallan has already updated. I swear he has a way to freeze time and work - or he has elves helping him.

He's already updated? Awesomesauce!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#52 Old 1st Sep 2012 at 9:02 PM
Twallan has already updated. I swear he has a way to freeze time and work - or he has elves helping him.

Hey now, I'm not finished yet. Still have four more to go.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Scholar
#53 Old 1st Sep 2012 at 9:17 PM

Or a certain young lady...

Instructor
#54 Old 1st Sep 2012 at 9:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aeval99
Or a certain young lady...

[IMG][/IMG]

What, Hermoine before Susan/Lobsang/whomever from Thief of Time?

I promise I'm not as grumpy as my avatar looks.
Mad Poster
#55 Old 1st Sep 2012 at 9:57 PM
I can do this! I know I have the strength to play without Twallan's SP, MC, and Woohooer. I know I can play without TFM plantastic mods, cook any food any time of day and more energy from the coffee pot mods. I am a grown, middle age, strong female, raised to confront adversity, own to my mistakes, and shake my fist at EA. Dammit! I can do this!

A bit later, I found out I am a failure at playing without my favorite mods, therefore I shall stick to building and creating sims. OH NO! No CAS for me without MC. *lowers face into hands and cry*

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Forum Resident
#56 Old 1st Sep 2012 at 10:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
I can do this! I know I have the strength to play without Twallan's SP, MC, and Woohooer. I know I can play without TFM plantastic mods, cook any food any time of day and more energy from the coffee pot mods. I am a grown, middle age, strong female, raised to confront adversity, own to my mistakes, and shake my fist at EA. Dammit! I can do this!

A bit later, I found out I am a failure at playing without my favorite mods, therefore I shall stick to building and creating sims. OH NO! No CAS for me without MC. *lowers face into hands and cry*

Yeah, I forgot myself and tried to use the sliders in CAS... big mistake. Heh. I was like, "Hey, EA, why you break all the sliders?" Then I got to the nostril ones and they worked, so... yeah.

Writerchick has way too many sliders installed. Entirely too many.

As if there can be such a thing...
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#57 Old 1st Sep 2012 at 11:27 PM
Twallan has already updated. I swear he has a way to freeze time and work -

Sure he does, it's called 'relativity'. I think it must work in real life, too!
#58 Old 2nd Sep 2012 at 12:21 AM
Could someone direct me to the sims semi reality so beloved of the zombie haters? You know those same sims who dont use oven mitts to take hot stuff out of the oven, or those same sims who pulls stuff out of their magic pockets (aka their ass) or the same sims who have super ESP when it comes to other peoples business? Or those same sims who can become a celebrity by simply walking down the street? ...
Theorist
#59 Old 2nd Sep 2012 at 12:41 AM
Oh, ha ha! I just love this argument - that there are lots of things in the sims that are not realistic, therefore people should play it as unrealistically as possible?

It's all relative, you know. But just because sims don't use oven mitts does not mean that some people want to play with vampires, imaginary friends, zombies, and other supernatural creatures.

I will probably do what I did with the vampires in Bridgeport; play them a while, check them out, get bored, then never play them again. I plan to try all the supernaturals in Moonlight Falls, but may or may not ever play any of them again. As others have mentioned, there are other things that I am interested in and I'm buying it for those things and not the little monsters.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
One Minute Ninja'd
#60 Old 2nd Sep 2012 at 12:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tangie0906
Oh, ha ha! I just love this argument - that there are lots of things in the sims that are not realistic, therefore people should play it as unrealistically as possible?

It's all relative, you know. But just because sims don't use oven mitts does not mean that some people want to play with vampires, imaginary friends, zombies, and other supernatural creatures.

I will probably do what I did with the vampires in Bridgeport; play them a while, check them out, get bored, then never play them again. I plan to try all the supernaturals in Moonlight Falls, but may or may not ever play any of them again. As others have mentioned, there are other things that I am interested in and I'm buying it for those things and not the little monsters.

I got bored with the LN vampires too. Some of these new creatures may be fun (zombies, probably, if they can be modded to attack without asking permission first), but the one devil's spawn that is never allowed in my game is the imaginary friend. I took the mod version of never get an IF, and if you do, it will run away. Those things are the stuff of nightmares. I'd rather be chased down the hallway by Alma from F.E.A.R. than deal with one of those "friends".
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 2nd Sep 2012 at 5:51 AM

You sure its not a army of fairy's he hijacked from the EA supernatural studio ?

The 3D Studio Max Meshing guides: Part 1: Simple Meshing in 3D Studio Max
Iff freedom was outlawed only outlaws would have freedom.
True piracy is an art, having a Amiga tune doesn't make you the old school pirate.
Scholar
#62 Old 2nd Sep 2012 at 1:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
i definitely want it. i can't wait to do proper zombie apocalypse challenges. and i love witches. i have no idea why they are adding more vampires though. from what i've read, it looks like the new ones are separate from the late night ones.

New vampires are not separate from Late Night vampires. If you have Late Night, your vampires will be upgraded to get the new SN abilities. If you didn't buy Late Night, now you have vampires.
Test Subject
#63 Old 3rd Sep 2012 at 9:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tangie0906

I will probably do what I did with the vampires in Bridgeport; play them a while, check them out, get bored, then never play them again. I plan to try all the supernaturals in Moonlight Falls, but may or may not ever play any of them again.

I played them for a few hours, and always changed my sim back, I realized, I never liked Vampires in The Sims, simply because they couldn't go out during the day time without consequences and I like my sim to be able to move freely. I have decided Fairies and Witches will be different. -_- I can live as both, happily. and the fact that we can wear normal clothes as witches (unlike TS2) excites me!

I think that ever sim town shoud have sim kids for our sim kids to communicate with, i feel like there are not enough sim kids or toddlers or teens. -_-
Field Researcher
#64 Old 3rd Sep 2012 at 12:21 PM
I'm not too interested in this game and I won't buy it right away, I think it may have to do with me not being very interested in the supernatural theme and how EA decided to execute it. I'll probably get it after Seasons comes out.
Alchemist
#65 Old 3rd Sep 2012 at 6:18 PM
...am i the only one whos scratching my head at all the "it wouldnt fit the theme" comments? this IS sims--you create your own world. ergo, not all worlds have the same "theme". and if youre going to spit on anything that isnt "realistic", then those gnomes (which are in every single EP) have got to go....same with the green alien skin that came with the base game, and the return of abductions with the new seasons EP (just...youtube it, im too lazy to link).

honestly, i have no idea why anyone would want to play a game as if it were, essentially, a second version of real life. surrealism is the reason i play the sims 3!

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 3rd Sep 2012 at 7:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SuicidiaParasidia
honestly, i have no idea why anyone would want to play a game as if it were, essentially, a second version of real life.

Oh look, another strawman configuration of the "realism" argument. Haven't seen one of those in, like, five minutes...

Seriously, when has anyone said anything about a second version of real life? Geez, you don't like werewolves, zombies and fairies running around your town and suddenly you want Sims to be exactly like real life.
Top Secret Researcher
#67 Old 3rd Sep 2012 at 9:03 PM
Yeah, isn't it amazing how people cannot understand that others might not be JUST LIKE THEM? It is not as if this is in the Supernatural thread...it is in the Not Buying SN thread. Geesh. Some of us don't like playing with Supernaturals, period, regardless of whether the sims pull things out of their butts. Making people feel foolish for not being like you is the ultimate peer pressure tactic, and you know what? Many of us have outgrown that.
Scholar
#68 Old 3rd Sep 2012 at 9:24 PM
The problem, for me, is this...

I buy all the EPs and most of the SPs. I am well versed in playing with the parts of the EP that I like and ignoring the rest. With SN, EA has made a part that I very much don't like, impossible to ignore. And, left to EA, the only way to disable this part I don't like is to sacrifice the lunar cycle, which for me, was one of the game's selling points.

That being said, of course I've pre-ordered. I know that the moon zombie issue will be modded out. Because even the most die-hard zombie fan is going to get pretty irritated when they discover how disruptive they are going to be to every other facet of the game.
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 3rd Sep 2012 at 11:38 PM
I'm buying and I'm excited :D. I won't be able to buy right away because of money, but excitedly, I'm buying. I think it's kind of a unique EP, even though we have had vampires & the like in our game before. I'm a little baffled by the fact you can't turn off zombies, so I hope someone makes a mod to fix that.
Instructor
#70 Old 3rd Sep 2012 at 11:52 PM
While I have purchased SN, I can completely understand someone who wouldn't want to have that aspect in their game. It is, after all, essentially a sandbox type game. And maybe some of the fans don't want the toy truck in their sandbox. So, I hand them the pail and hope they like it

I am an Angel who has tamed the Dragon. For I am NOT crunchy, NOR good with ketchup!
Top Secret Researcher
#71 Old 4th Sep 2012 at 12:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bl00raspbery
I'm buying and I'm excited :D. I won't be able to buy right away because of money, but excitedly, I'm buying. I think it's kind of a unique EP, even though we have had vampires & the like in our game before. I'm a little baffled by the fact you can't turn off zombies, so I hope someone makes a mod to fix that.

As someone who may very well skip the game, I can help you!

Someone named Blue has already made a mod to turn off Zombies. I think it is Bluejentsu and I don't have a link but you can google it. Maybe someone else here can help you further with that.

Enjoy your game tomorrow!
Mad Poster
#72 Old 4th Sep 2012 at 2:17 PM
http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...or-the-zombies/

You have to register to see it. When my copy comes today, first mod I will try out.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Forum Resident
#73 Old 4th Sep 2012 at 5:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...or-the-zombies/

You have to register to see it. When my copy comes today, first mod I will try out.

Thanks for posting the link! I had googled bluejentsu yesterday, to no avail... (Of course, that would be because that isn't the correct username...)

I'm getting SN today, so this mod will be very helpful.
Top Secret Researcher
#74 Old 4th Sep 2012 at 6:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by writerchick
Thanks for posting the link! I had googled bluejentsu yesterday, to no avail... (Of course, that would be because that isn't the correct username...)

I'm getting SN today, so this mod will be very helpful.

Oops, spelled it wrong! Sorry! Glad someone could post the link. I didn't have it since I don't have SN and didn't need it.
Test Subject
#75 Old 4th Sep 2012 at 8:00 PM
I'm mainly getting SN for the zombies! I'm hoping there will be a way to make your Sim be a zombie without having to turn back, I'd love a zombie family or an Apoc like the walking dead

My Sims 3 Legacy Playlist on youtube:http://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...cZeFAZcASs2qH6H
Page 3 of 4