Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#51 Old 16th Sep 2012 at 3:20 PM Last edited by Simmiller : 16th Sep 2012 at 3:34 PM. Reason: To say thank you
I've had them spawn at all times and everywhere, including in my garden. I'm a child of the Fae, and a gatherer, so maybe this is why. However, since I'm not a big fan of zombies anyway, I'm definitely getting rid of them.

@Srikandi -- Thanks for starting this thread. I've only just begun playing Supernatural, and I was already in despair. No longer!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 16th Sep 2012 at 7:45 PM
The spawning issue is very curious. I have Twallan's SP, which I used to delete homeless sims at the start, and I set the cycle to Permanent Full Moon. I get 2-4 zombies, the same sims, every night, and they go away in the morning. Out of curiosity, I killed one, but haven't seen the game respawn a replacement yet.

These zombies remind me of extremely pushy packs of livestock. They get in if you don't lock the gate right, destroy all your vegetables, and cause you injury if you disturb them. Too bad EA didn't give us zombie llamas instead.
Top Secret Researcher
#53 Old 16th Sep 2012 at 8:16 PM
The Lunar Cycle manager does not actually create new homeless to fill Zombie requirements. It only uses what you have available, created from other systems in the game.

Once all the homeless are gone, that particular zombie spawning system will simply stop working in your town.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Mad Poster
#54 Old 16th Sep 2012 at 8:58 PM
Because I am playing a witch and do want him to cure zombies, I got Shimrod's "Zombies No Attacking Plants" mod, and that way I can have the zombie experience without the destroying plants.

http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...nts/#entry64611

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#55 Old 16th Sep 2012 at 9:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simmiller
I've had them spawn at all times and everywhere, including in my garden.

Have you fenced your garden, and checked that the gates are facing OUTWARDS? I'd be interested to know if that doesn't work.
Test Subject
#56 Old 16th Sep 2012 at 10:54 PM Last edited by raptors46usa : 16th Sep 2012 at 11:12 PM.
i want to get SN but i dont want the zombies or another creature if i use the shut off full moon feature will it work with shutting off the zombies? i have never had a vamp ire problem or anything like that.
i contently do not want zombies i hate them stupid SN could they not have released seasons first and give an option of in game stuff like things you want from the game in the store. is getting this worth my 40 dollars. if i cant shut off the zombies or get rid of them then i dont want zombies at all! please help me with this if i were to tile or put wood in my entire yard would they be able to spawn.
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#57 Old 16th Sep 2012 at 11:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by raptors46usa
i want to get SN but i dont want the zombies or another creature if i use the shut off full moon feature will it work with shutting off the zombies?

If you read this thread, you will find plenty of information about shutting off zombies

Short answer: yes, you can shut them off completely but you'll need a combination of settings, cheats, and/or mods. Your choice how you go about it.
Test Subject
#58 Old 16th Sep 2012 at 11:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
If you read this thread, you will find plenty of information about shutting off zombies

Short answer: yes, you can shut them off completely but you'll need a combination of settings, cheats, and/or mods. Your choice how you go about it.

are there mods that work? i do not want them at all i have a few saved but i dont want to get the game and have zombie problems i have read through this i still dont know if i want it. what about hiding the clothes is there a clothing hider is this worth 40 bucks i'm not into SN but the rocking chairs and arcade games look good.if there are good mode and the mailbox thing does it really work? what kind of modes/cheats
Field Researcher
#59 Old 16th Sep 2012 at 11:26 PM Last edited by Baiaana : 17th Sep 2012 at 5:32 PM.
I didn't wanted a garden when started to play, but the witch required some stuff so i built one. The house i built for my family is particular so, instead of fence i built around the garden a thin line of foundations and zombies till' now never been able to spawn in. They only get to entrance door and complain because they can't walk in (i so hate that animation!)
Tonight my witch cured a zombie. Ex-zombie girl picked her car and returned home: followed her but when she returned home she vanished in the air: with cheats enabled i opened in build mode her house but no one was inside, and the game said that no one live in that house. There are other similar little houses along that dead-end road: maybe all, or most of the zombies spawn from there?
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#60 Old 16th Sep 2012 at 11:31 PM Last edited by Srikandi : 16th Sep 2012 at 11:45 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by raptors46usa
are there mods that work? i do not want them at all i have a few saved but i dont want to get the game and have zombie problems i have read through this i still dont know if i want it. what about hiding the clothes is there a clothing hider is this worth 40 bucks i'm not into SN but the rocking chairs and arcade games look good.if there are good mode and the mailbox thing does it really work? what kind of modes/cheats

We can't answer whether you want it or not, or if it's worth it to you. That depends on what you like, and what your entertainment budget is. I already told you that you can eliminate zombies. I wouldn't imagine you'd like the EP if you didn't want ANY of the new supernaturals (witches, fairies or werewolves), but that's your call.

I assume the zombie mods work, but if you want to make sure, check the mods' download threads and see whether other users are reporting issues.

I'm gonna suggest you read the thread again to understand what all your options are All the zombie questions you asked have been answered above.

There are three mods that turn off or reduce full moon zombie spawning, one that lets you kill zombies, and one that fixes a bug where saving and reloading during a full moon makes zombies keep spawning. Links are in the thread.

There's a setting that lets you prevent full moons and a cheat that lets you remove zombies already in the world.

And there are various gameplay strategies for controlling zombies and/or limiting their access to your lot.

All in the thread!
Test Subject
#61 Old 16th Sep 2012 at 11:43 PM
We can't answer whether you want it or not, or if it's worth it to you. That depends on what you like, and what your entertainment budget is. I already told you that you can eliminate zombies. I wouldn't imagine you'd like the EP if you didn't want ANY of the new supernaturals (witches, fairies or werewolves), but that's your call.

I assume the zombie mods work, but if you want to make sure, check the mods' download threads and see whether other users are reporting issues.

I'm gonna suggest you read the thread again to understand what all your options are All the zombie questions you asked have been answered above.

There are two mods that turn off full moon zombie spawning, one that lets you kill zombies, and one that fixes a bug where saving and reloading during a full moon makes zombies keep spawning. Links are in the thread.

There's a setting that lets you prevent full moons and a cheat that lets you remove zombies already in the world.

And there are various gameplay strategies for controlling zombies and/or limiting their access to your lot.

All in the thread!

thanks i found some i think i may try it. the fairies may be cool but not the other stuff
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#62 Old 17th Sep 2012 at 12:18 AM
I've edited the OP in this thread with links to the "no zombie" mods I'm aware of... so as not to play favorites I've linked em all. They are not identical so look and choose.

There's another no zombies mod at MTS as of today that I just spotted, heh. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=486695

This one has specific versions for whether you want any zombies that exist in your world to be able to transmit zombification by biting.
Test Subject
#63 Old 17th Sep 2012 at 12:26 AM
I've edited the OP in this thread with links to the "no zombie" mods I'm aware of... so as not to play favorites I've linked em all. They are not identical so look and choose.

There's another no zombies mod at MTS as of today that I just spotted, heh. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=486695

This one has specific versions for whether you want any zombies that exist in your world to be able to transmit zombification by biting.

thanks i saw this i have it saved on an external hard drive
Test Subject
#64 Old 17th Sep 2012 at 1:10 AM
Are there any mods that make zombies autonomously bite other sims? When I tried using a zombie's "Braaaaains" interaction it looked like they are about to attack but then back off and just start yelling. What am I doing wrong here?? do zombies need to have a high relationship with the sim to attack them or something?
Mad Poster
#65 Old 17th Sep 2012 at 1:15 AM
If they aren't autonomously biting the humans, how is it that so many of my Sims' neighbors become zombies? The be "attacked" action keeps coming up frequently for my own Sim when in the presence of zombies. One time I wasn't paying close enough attention and a zombie did bite her. She turned back to a fairy in the light of day.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Test Subject
#66 Old 17th Sep 2012 at 1:26 AM
yes, but what I meant was something more along the lines of zombies only attacking other people instead of attacking gardens and such. that and having the "braaaaaains" interaction never fail.
Mad Poster
#67 Old 17th Sep 2012 at 2:03 AM
When you see the Zombie Attack on your sim in the queue, the chance of this being "Braaiins" is very low, most of the time it is "Arghh" or "Arghhh", or "Arghhhh" or "Arghhhhh", and there are 2 more of these. The technical chance for the Zombie to choose "Braaiins" for biting the sim is 5%, but all sims have a 50% chance of rejecting the interaction, lol, so it's approximately 2,5% chance of a sim being bitten.

I'm modding this at the current time to give a few more of these standard spawned zombies, and the successful biting much more frequent, but I don't have it done right now. It will be at the link in my sig later.

The best thing to do though for serious zombies is simply use the NRaas Vector with Scourge or Rage modules.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
#68 Old 17th Sep 2012 at 2:15 AM
I have the scourge/rage mod and I have to say it really works great. Really gives you the feeling of a zombie epidemic in your town. The only problem I have with it is that the sims who become zombified don't go out attacking and biting people. Rather, they just sort of catch the disease from people around them and just...become zombies. I'm hoping to eventually see a mod out there where your zombified neighbors come walking onto your sim's lawn and try entering their house to attack them! lol maybe one day...
Mad Poster
#69 Old 17th Sep 2012 at 2:23 AM
My not-yet-finished mod has zombies entering my sim's house and other's houses.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
#70 Old 17th Sep 2012 at 2:31 AM
can't wait!
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 17th Sep 2012 at 3:41 AM
Hi there

Just thought Id let you know if anyone really wants NO zombies at all, my full byebyezombie mod also disables autonomous turning zombie full stop, on top of transmission and full moon spawning. Thus if you want a zombie you have to make it yourself. And you can turn off the silly ice cream.
That is the intention & the effect it has had on my game anyhow So if anyones still having zombie problems you might want to try it. I have not seen a single zombie in my real game lol (aside from the ones I made for testing etc) as I wrote it before I even played.

I know people all want different things for their game but I really want no zombies. Watching other peoples zombies dance on youtubes good enough for me :-) I am thinking of making an armageddon mod too mind :-p
Instructor
#72 Old 17th Sep 2012 at 2:07 PM
Does the Population Control Cheat fix the Zombie issue? You need to have "testingCheats" on, then Shift+Click the mailbox and there will be an option on the pie menu for Supernatural Population Control. Zombies are an option. As are Toads. I didn't actually use it because I don't find the Zombies a problem.

I am an Angel who has tamed the Dragon. For I am NOT crunchy, NOR good with ketchup!
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 17th Sep 2012 at 2:57 PM
Twallan's overwatch coupled with a no zombie mod seem to be the cast iron defense to the glitch/zombies full stop. =D
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 17th Sep 2012 at 6:39 PM
I don't even have a no more zombie mod and I don't have zombies. I wish I did. Atleast a few. The only zombie I have seen since I started playing is when my Bonehilda randomly began acting like one. But full moons have gone by and still no zombie spawns. I even used testing cheats to increase the number of zombie spawners, still none. I am using the latest versions of the MC and Hybrid mod from Twallan. Could that be it?
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#75 Old 17th Sep 2012 at 7:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fatal_syn
I don't even have a no more zombie mod and I don't have zombies. I wish I did. Atleast a few. The only zombie I have seen since I started playing is when my Bonehilda randomly began acting like one. But full moons have gone by and still no zombie spawns. I even used testing cheats to increase the number of zombie spawners, still none. I am using the latest versions of the MC and Hybrid mod from Twallan. Could that be it?

Shouldn't be, no... those don't turn off zombies by themselves. Some other mod, or a bug?
Page 3 of 4