Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
#26 Old 10th Sep 2012 at 8:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by emino
I just plants all my ingredients indoors. Indoor planters ftw.

Yes, I really like doing that, too. This lamp would help save the apple trees, though.
Good on Sims VIP, as I never would have thought of that in a million years.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 10th Sep 2012 at 10:14 PM
The Lunar Cycle is definitely bugged, in my current playsession it skipped Full Moon entirely - it went fom Waxing Gibbous to Waning Gibbous immediately.

I'm currently playing an testing/exploring game without any mods, but soon I'll go back to Nraas mods
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 11th Sep 2012 at 12:47 AM
Oddly enough, mine works as intended. I have it on a four day cycle. I'm just sad the zombies haven't bitten anyone. Yet.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 11th Sep 2012 at 1:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FireBendess
Oddly enough, mine works as intended. I have it on a four day cycle. I'm just sad the zombies haven't bitten anyone. Yet.

Same for me!
Everything works out fine, but I only get one zombie to spawn every full moon :/
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 11th Sep 2012 at 2:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimmerE14
Same for me!
Everything works out fine, but I only get one zombie to spawn every full moon :/

I get none, I wonder is it because I have 0 homeless sims... I also don't get performers to perform during simfest, stage is always empty, and there are 0 singer/magicians/acrobats in my town :/.
Test Subject
#31 Old 11th Sep 2012 at 2:51 AM
theres loads of ppl have reported issues with the luna cycle. 2 of the more popular bugs are
1. saveing on a full moon loads the game 2 with the cycle at 2 days.
2. setting the cycle to 8 days acts as 4 days

only issue i have with it is zombies spawning on my lawn then instantly turning back to normal sims, slightly sux when my main sim has the cure infected LTW
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 11th Sep 2012 at 9:21 AM
I get a zombies that pop up all the time... day or night no matter the lunar phase. Ive tried no mods, lots of mods, the current version of Nraas Overwatch.. nothing stops them from relentlessly spawning 24/7.
Eminence Grise
#33 Old 11th Sep 2012 at 10:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by marcusprime
I get a zombies that pop up all the time... day or night no matter the lunar phase. Ive tried no mods, lots of mods, the current version of Nraas Overwatch.. nothing stops them from relentlessly spawning 24/7.

I think that once you've been infected with that bug that comes from saving and restoring during the full moon, you're stuck with it in that household at least as long as you stay on the same lot. Moving to a new lot might cure it up.

I just started a new game on a new lot, and no longer have the issue... zombies there behave more or less as advertised, that is one or two at night during the full moon only, and none the rest of the time.
Top Secret Researcher
#34 Old 11th Sep 2012 at 11:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
I think that once you've been infected with that bug that comes from saving and restoring during the full moon, you're stuck with it in that household at least as long as you stay on the same lot. Moving to a new lot might cure it up.
Odd, it worked for me. I saved during fullmoon (didn't know about the bug!) and since then had constantly 1 or 2 zombies on my lawn. But I've put Blue's mod and no more zombies! Thank God it worked because I had a tiny lag every time a zombie spawned on my law (That is, every 90 sim minutes/15-20 seconds). Annoying.
Top Secret Researcher
#35 Old 11th Sep 2012 at 5:51 PM

Most likely you ended up saving your game with the "Zombie Spawn" alarm running in the background.

I'll have a look at turning that alarm off if the full moon is complete.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Forum Resident
#36 Old 11th Sep 2012 at 10:29 PM
My Lunar Cycle doesn't seem to function correctly, even with Overwatch. It's skipping phases, and occasionally skips straight to a Full Moon at random points of the day. :/
Top Secret Researcher
#37 Old 11th Sep 2012 at 10:36 PM
Provided you are running the latest version of [Overwatch], you should consider bringing up your issues at my hosting site.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 12th Sep 2012 at 4:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by twallan
Most likely you ended up saving your game with the "Zombie Spawn" alarm running in the background.

I'll have a look at turning that alarm off if the full moon is complete.

That might be the case.
Note: this only effects my Moonlight Falls saved game. All other worlds/saved games work as they should.

Now.. at first the game worked as it should. But I was playing around with the lunar cycle the first day I got the game and set the moon phase to "always full moon". This si when it started. (I may have saved at night during the full moon during a zombie spawn, as you said)
I have since then reset the lunar cycle to default.. but this is where I am at now..
Zombies day and night continually spawning everywhere. Super annoying. I switch lots and families.. still the full moon zombie spawning continues.
I got the latest version of Overwatch.. doesn't help. Boatloads of spawning zombies all over every hour.
Top Secret Researcher
#39 Old 12th Sep 2012 at 6:22 AM
Well, yeah, because I hadn't fixed it yet.

Try the latest version, and see if it works better.

Lab Assistant
#40 Old 12th Sep 2012 at 8:29 AM
Well, yeah, because I hadn't fixed it yet.

Try the latest version, and see if it works better.

I have in the game whatever was current as of today, Tuesday Sept 11. Still no change. Zombies popping up all over day and night.
Inventor
#41 Old 12th Sep 2012 at 9:39 AM
Maybe you should be posting that at his wiki?

You can find my Sims 3 Mods at TFM's Sims Asylum .
Forum Resident
#42 Old 12th Sep 2012 at 11:43 AM
Is it true that zombie only spawn if there are homeless in town? Because I use Nraas SP and I tell it to clean the homeless in the first time.
Field Researcher
#43 Old 12th Sep 2012 at 3:25 PM
Yeah, you won't get zombies if you have SP set to manage homeless. I started getting them once I turned that option off.
Forum Resident
#44 Old 12th Sep 2012 at 4:18 PM
Ok, I will try it later. Thanks man.
Top Secret Researcher
#45 Old 12th Sep 2012 at 6:11 PM
I have in the game whatever was current as of today, Tuesday Sept 11. Still no change. Zombies popping up all over day and night.

Yeah, and *which* version would that be ?

Lab Assistant
#46 Old 12th Sep 2012 at 9:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KaiRuh
Yeah, you won't get zombies if you have SP set to manage homeless. I started getting them once I turned that option off.

If this is true, that would explain why I have no zombies in my town.
Top Secret Researcher
#47 Old 12th Sep 2012 at 9:39 PM
[StoryProgression]'s homeless management system only disables half of the Lunar Cycle functionality.

There is an initial "Pick some locals to be zombies" section, which will pick anyone in town, resident or otherwise.

The second part, which runs on an repeating alarm (and causes all the grief), picks homeless sims to simulate the spread of the disease.

The problem is the that first section doesn't really produce enough zombies to be noticeable. Without the second section most users just presume the system is totally disabled.

Lab Assistant
#48 Old 12th Sep 2012 at 10:41 PM
Yeah, and *which* version would that be ?

That you for that. I figured out you must have updated the mod sometime that day, and I must have had the one before the update. I ran the game with the new one briefly before work today (ran it for one sim day and sim night on a new moon) and low and behold no zombies poping up under my sims feet/chairs whatever all the time.

So, it looks like what you are getting at here, is the "zombie alarm" that goes on in the game mechanics during the full moon was the issue. Indeed that makes sense of the whole thing. All the zombies were homeless zombies and all of them appeared with the flashy bluelight moonlighty effect.

Well.. Im off to play it for a bit longer. I will let you know if this is defiantly solved.
Forum Resident
#49 Old 13th Sep 2012 at 1:33 AM
[StoryProgression]'s homeless management system only disables half of the Lunar Cycle functionality.

There is an initial "Pick some locals to be zombies" section, which will pick anyone in town, resident or otherwise.

The second part, which runs on an repeating alarm (and causes all the grief), picks homeless sims to simulate the spread of the disease.

The problem is the that first section doesn't really produce enough zombies to be noticeable. Without the second section most users just presume the system is totally disabled.

Do the first section only run once at new game or is it repeatable?

So twallan, from your perspective, what is the best way to have zombie spawn in town? Is it to let SP manage homeless again, and then use Vector to enable zombie disease?
Top Secret Researcher
#50 Old 13th Sep 2012 at 3:56 AM
The first section runs every time the Full Moon rises, and then it kicks off the repeating alarm.

The repeating alarm is then *supposed* to be disabled at sunrise (which obviously doesn't happen in everyone's case).

As for how to get a good supply of zombies : [Vector] will give you a LOT of zombies, because it is very good at directing them to spread the disease. Probably not the best choice for a user not wanting to fight a Zombie Apocalypse.

I would suggest turning off the "Manager Homeless" option in [StoryProgression], and then repopulating your homeless bin by evicting some sims using [MasterController].

Page 2 of 3