Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 7:30 AM
Default Do you like Moonlight Falls?
I thought it looked okay in the preview material, but now that I've played it... I love this town. The woodsy, yet spacious feel of it is perfect for my game. Also, I think the traditional architecture will look better with snow than the buildings in other EA towns. The one drawback I've noticed is that there don't seem to be any lots that give the "Beautiful Vista" moodlet.

So what do you think? Will you keep playing Moonlight Falls?
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 8:08 AM
I think it's lovely.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 8:34 AM
It's very lovely and more importantly, it calms me. I love spacious town so I'm a bit biased.

Vivi e lascia vivere.
My blog Simplex Sims for more elder and teen CC.
Inventor
#4 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 9:16 AM
Curiously, even with all the obvious differences (especially the mountains around it) it reminds me of some small Finnish towns I've seen - it's the layout, not the architecture that is similar (those towns are mostly modern): a relatively small civic center and then houses in the woods and/or by the lakes around it.

Quote: Originally posted by Sim mania
... it calms me.

Exactly. That's not the effect I expected in a town filled with supernaturals, however. I think I'll try to find a very claustrophobic town/world to play the Supernatural in and keep this one as a normal 'hood, probably replacing (most) of the architecture with modern equivalents.
Eminence Grise
#5 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 9:34 AM
I am thinking Riverview would be fun to play with Supernatural... a lot of the residents there are already a bit creepy and/or eccentric. Twinbrook too, for that matter.

And, of course, there's Hidden Springs, which is just begging for it.

A really urban world like Los Aniegos, though, would be hilarious with this EP I say that having lived in LA through most of the eighties! Would fit right in with games like Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines...

Anyway, sorry to go OT... I like Moonlight Falls, and it is definitely a very PLAYABLE world, but I have to say it doesn't really grip me, aesthetically. I preferred Twinbrook and Appaloosa Plains. MF has a lot of community lots that are basically undecorated (like the one with only the gypsy caravan on it). But everybody's tastes differ
Field Researcher
#6 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 9:56 AM
I absolutely love the look and feel of the town. It really adds the cherry on top to the Supernatural theme... however, I think the town itself it kinda boring. The club/hangouts are kinda so-so. For some reason, I feel like it is missing SOMETHING.

Am hoping some creative people upload some lots to put into place as well because I was hoping for a damn monster mash!

"There's downloadable dongs elsewhere."
My Plumbob Story
Inventor
#7 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 10:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
I am thinking Riverview would be fun to play with Supernatural... a lot of the residents there are already a bit creepy and/or eccentric. Twinbrook too, for that matter.

And, of course, there's Hidden Springs, which is just begging for it.

I consider Riverview a rather idyllic town but Twinbrook and Hidden Springs certainly feel right. I have an old Twinbrook game that I abandoned because the family became awfully rich - but they live in that creepy villa on the outskirts, filled with antiques (the granddaughter is the greatest explorer I've ever had) and all of them are rather crazy anyway. And then there are the marshes and not too much rebuilding is required. I think I'll dig that one out; I'll just have to check first if there is enough space to move the main MF community lots and families (with their houses) there.
Test Subject
#8 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 12:05 PM
I love the new town! After playing in Sunlit Tides for a week or more, I just needed a place like this. You know,a place where the mornings are cold and fresh, where you have your comfy home with a fireplace and a rocking chair, a place where zombies spawn in your yard...
NO MORE PALMS, SAND, BLUE WATER AND PRETTY SUNSETS!
(in the near future at least)

I agree Twinbrook is the perfect town to play supernatural, too.
Instructor
#9 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 12:28 PM
It's so ... sparse. It makes for quite bleak viewing from above. The buildings themselves are quite nice, if a bit in the rushed EA style.

Well that's what happens when you're on your own and you're alright at letting nice things go
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 12:30 PM
I like it, it has a lot of potential. The land is mostly flat so I hope it'll be relatively easy to place new lots and arrange the town centre: Make the community lots more appealing and varied, add late night venues etc. I don't like how the game placed Pets and Ambitions lots so all that needs to be changed.

The colouring of Moonlight Falls is beautiful and calm, almost serene. I like the Northern feel it has. But it's not a ready neighbourhood - it needs quite a lot of work, more I than was expecting. It feels a little incomplete.
Forum Resident
#11 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 12:30 PM
I quite like MF but I think Twinbrook would be absolutely perfect for this EP!
Theorist
#12 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 12:32 PM
Sorry to be the bad guy here, but I find it completely forgettable. Same old family houses interspersed with the same old greenery, same old mountainous background in the distance. It's just all rather zzzzZZZZZ. Been here before, definately. It wouldn't even stand out as a TS2 hood, and that is a damning indictment.

As much as I find it all a bit meh, there are a few stunning lots. The large 50x50 Van Ghoul house on the outskirts is quite awesome. Likewise the mesh for the town hall / cathedral looks nice. I just wish we could de-combine the combined rabbitholes, or at least make them lose those unsightly triple-icons in hood view.

4/10 then.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Scholar
#13 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 12:48 PM
I like it....like wiqvonfrege said...its a nice change from Sunlit Tides...!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 12:50 PM
I like the hood, the prebuild houses are - as far as I've seen - playable and nice to look at. There's much space for new lots, which is always a plus. But I'll try SN with Twinbrook definitly ...
Instructor
#15 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 1:04 PM
I do agree Twinbrook is more fitting, but MF is really a great little town. With TB I noticed with the swamp and the elevations I was sort of forced to worth with very little land, or remove homes and replace them with things I needed/wanted. With MF I am happy to see empty lots, flat land and open space, I can build that garden or the fishery or even a romantic venue for honeymoons without having to delete or move a family. It is a small town feel with lots of woods. I like it alot.
Test Subject
#16 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 1:06 PM
I absolutely LOVE this town. i agree, its a tiny bit bland, but the houses are nice and there's tons of space to improve/expand. I'm not that great at building though, so I'm mostly going to leave it as is. Its going to look even better with seasons though!
Test Subject
#17 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 2:32 PM
I like the spaciousness of MF, however after playing for about 4 hours total I still can't find some of the rabbit holes easily. My sim works as a journalist and half the time I can't find that building. I may have to do a little rearranging. Is anyone else having this problem? Or is my age showing?

Now that I have read this thread I think I will go create a family in TB!
Mad Poster
#18 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 3:10 PM
Maybe I need to populate it a bit more but I like my other towns where there are sims on every community lot I go to. It just seems kinda dead in MF right now. It's beautiful nonetheless
Instructor
#19 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 3:19 PM
Yes! I do like Moonlight Falls. Does it really look like Oregon or Washington? Not to the best of my memory, but that was a lot of years ago. I like the way it's laid out. The houses are better than the norm for the Sims Team. I haven't really toured around the other families or lots as much as I have the other worlds, but I do have to sleep.

I am an Angel who has tamed the Dragon. For I am NOT crunchy, NOR good with ketchup!
Scholar
#20 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 3:24 PM
I think as far as the look, it's a very good depiction of, at least what I imagine a northwestern town would look. I'm thinking Twin Peakish. But I don't think it translates that well into a Sims Game.

For instance...One of the things I find missing is an actual town center. I was going to stick some apartments in, and I generally like to get them as close to "downtown" as I can... when I realized this town has no downtown. You kind of need this in the Sims for them to meet new sims and interact, rather than trying to guess where the sims are.
One Minute Ninja'd
#21 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 3:38 PM
I do like the town, but mostly for the supernatural component. The town itself isn't, for me, all that engaging. I guess I fell in love with Lucky Palms, and I'm using that as a comparison for an EA created world. LP feels like a great deal of design work and care went into its creation. MF feels flat, a bit like a half hearted effort by the designers. At least the routing is OK, so far, unlike Sunlit Tides. I do agree that Twinbrook, with supernaturals, would be a fun town to try.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 3:58 PM
Someone above said it isn't engaging and I totally agree with that. It's nicely done, and reminiscent of the "country" feel of Appaloosa plains. But I personally, still can't get away from the City Life of Bridgeport. I wish EA would make another City town!
Scholar
#23 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 4:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
Anyway, sorry to go OT... I like Moonlight Falls, and it is definitely a very PLAYABLE world, but I have to say it doesn't really grip me, aesthetically. I preferred Twinbrook and Appaloosa Plains. MF has a lot of community lots that are basically undecorated (like the one with only the gypsy caravan on it). But everybody's tastes differ

I really like the fact that many of the lots aren't really decorated. It makes it so much easier to upgrade them to your liking when you don't have to clear out a pile of crap. For instance, the indoor pool already had a spot for a hot tub and had a nice little sauna sized room with just a few computers in it. I'm going to have some fun with some of those half-empty parks too.
Quote: Originally posted by wiqvonfrege
I love the new town! After playing in Sunlit Tides for a week or more, I just needed a place like this. You know,a place where the mornings are cold and fresh, where you have your comfy home with a fireplace and a rocking chair, a place where zombies spawn in your yard...
NO MORE PALMS, SAND, BLUE WATER AND PRETTY SUNSETS!
(in the near future at least)

I agree Twinbrook is the perfect town to play supernatural, too.

After playing ST for a week I'm really appreciating a world that is flat. No more struggling with my mouse and no lag from a billion routing issues. I do miss my sunsets though.

I'm sure I will end up back in Twinbrook though, I usually do. I love that town!
Mad Poster
#24 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 5:21 PM
I'm a little irritated at the combination rabbitholes and I can't find the rabbithole I need most of the time.
Scholar
#25 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 5:21 PM
I'm a nay-sayer too. As I've mentioned in a few other threads, its the one town where I want to bulldoze EVERYTHING; and start completely from scratch.

Actually, what I need to do is open it up in CAW and do a lot-fix/redesign; especially since many of the EP/SP lots I like from the lot bin are all 20x30 lots and there are hardly any this size in town.

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Page 1 of 6