Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Treadwater Manor - A Twinbrook zombie apocalypse

by Ferguson Avenue Posted 16th Sep 2012 at 2:26 PM - Updated 5th Dec 2012 at 9:09 PM by Fergie_F

20 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 6 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 16th Sep 2012 at 5:28 PM
This is a really nice house! I've been looking for new places to drop into Moonlight Falls that fit the atmosphere.. You've delivered. Thank you kindly!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#3 Old 16th Sep 2012 at 5:39 PM
Oh my goodness, first of all I'm so downloading this house. But secondly I just want to say that this house MUST be inspired from the Walking Dead show (my favorite show ever!!!)...It's Hershel's farmhouse!!!!!! Am I right? Oh I just read the overview, I don't play fallout, but when I looked at this house I KNEW immediately what house this was... Good freaking job!!!!
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Sep 2012 at 8:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simsdestroyer
Oh my goodness, first of all I'm so downloading this house. But secondly I just want to say that this house MUST be inspired from the Walking Dead show (my favorite show ever!!!)...It's Hershel's farmhouse!!!!!! Am I right? Oh I just read the overview, I don't play fallout, but when I looked at this house I KNEW immediately what house this was... Good freaking job!!!!

Well you're partly right, I certainly had that house in mind, but I was also using the design of a house I've built quite a while ago in Bridgeport, but Hershel's farmhouse was probably the bigger influence at the start, I love how that house looks, and thought that the scene when they were all fleeing it was awesome, but was glad that the house went unharmed. I certainly can't wait till the next series

I've included pics of both Hershel's farm house and the other house for those who haven't seen either.

Great name by the way, 'Simsdestroyer', I should have probably been a bit more creative with mine...

Also, Thanks for the feedback so far :D
Screenshots
Field Researcher
retired moderator THANKS POST
#5 Old 16th Sep 2012 at 8:45 PM
This is amazing! Love it!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 16th Sep 2012 at 9:13 PM
You definately need to watch the first season, its better than the second. The house is amazingly fun, and I agree, when I first saw it, I immediately thought of the Walking Dead and Hershell's farm.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 16th Sep 2012 at 10:49 PM
Before I even read the part about this house being inspired by The Walking Dead, all I was thinking was that it looks just like the farm house in season 2! You hit the nail on the head. Also, I loved the story you added, I felt like I was watching the show! I would definitely advise you to watch the first season too, it's got a lot more zombie killing and less dramatic stuff going on with the main characters. Seasons 3 starts in a few weeks, too! Thanks for sharing your awesome house :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 16th Sep 2012 at 11:07 PM
Awesome job! Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 17th Sep 2012 at 1:39 AM
What a great house. But when I saw the name and thumbnail, though, my first thought was, "Left 4 Dead!" And then I got a closer view and read the description. "Fighting through a swamp, only to find a dirt road leading to a plantation house? Yep, definitely inspired by Left 4 Dead." But then, obviously, I got the actual inspiration. I was surprised (it probably helps that I've never seen the Walking Dead, unlike, apparently, everybody else here). If you're interested, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQaajbzz8ew . You get a view of the front at about 40 seconds in, and at 2:56 you can start seeing glimpses of the back. Unfortunately, it's hard to get a good look, but it's not the type of game where you sit back and admire the architecture.

Still, it's a really nice house. If I didn't have such an aversion to big lots, I'd definitely have this downloaded.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 17th Sep 2012 at 7:15 AM Last edited by CeJaye : 17th Sep 2012 at 10:21 PM.
Oh lovely! Now all it needs is a proper zombie apocalypse mod with scary flesh eating zombies for Sims 3 to go with it, lol. But my sims will enjoy it still, maybe I'll plop my witch legacy family into it after they can afford it.

And seconding the poster above; you really need to watch season one of the Walking Dead, it was way better then the second (hopefully season 3 will be the best of all, heh.)
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 17th Sep 2012 at 1:59 PM
I tried to play the house, but my Sim couldn't go up the central stairs The top stair blocked the lower one. He went down ok, but then couldn't go up.
Scholar
Original Poster
#12 Old 17th Sep 2012 at 5:25 PM
Thanks for all the feedback so far, I will certainly look into Left 4 Dead, from what I've seen so far it looks awesome, although as far as The Walking Dead Season 3 is concerned I will have to wait longer than most of you guys because I don't think there's a set release date for the UK

Quote: Originally posted by mberry
I tried to play the house, but my Sim couldn't go up the central stairs The top stair blocked the lower one. He went down ok, but then couldn't go up.

That's odd, my sims have never had this problem, they use the house perfectly fine, has anyone else had this problem? All I can suggest to fix this is to delete the stairs and place them again. I hope that helps, but as far as stairs are concerned, I only get the occasional bug where they will turn around at the top of the stairs and come back down, although it only seems to happen in Riverview, but I use the move objects cheat to place them upstairs and then the problem fixes itself after.

Again, Thanks for all the feedback

P.s. That Left 4 Dead house looks pretty awesome too, I think someone has recreated the farm house from one of the other levels too, if anyone's interested, I'm sure it was on this site.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 17th Sep 2012 at 8:00 PM
"I only get the occasional bug where they will turn around at the top of the stairs and come back down," That's what happened.
Scholar
Original Poster
#14 Old 17th Sep 2012 at 8:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mberry
"I only get the occasional bug where they will turn around at the top of the stairs and come back down," That's what happened.

have you tried placing the sims on the floor they can't reach with the "moveobjects on" cheat, and then sending them back down the stairs in live mode, it fixes that bug for me, I hope this helps
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 19th Sep 2012 at 4:36 PM
Great Job!! Thanks for a SN prefect house
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 4:18 PM
*Whines* What happens next in the story? I was enjoying that read! What comes after the elevator? o.O; Where does it take said protagonist?
Scholar
Original Poster
#17 Old 23rd Sep 2012 at 11:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Yaoilicious
*Whines* What happens next in the story? I was enjoying that read! What comes after the elevator? o.O; Where does it take said protagonist?

Maybe I should upload the rest of the story, I'm just not sure whether it should be with this upload, or whether I should start taking pictures in-game and sharing it as a story in the Community area of this site
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 11:32 AM
This place is so cool, easily one of my all time favorite houses. Thank you so much for sharing this with us all, it will feature prominately in my game play for a long time to come. Well done!

Far away is near at hand in images of elsewhere

(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that
//\\ has survived, died, or is living with cancer.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 22nd Jan 2013 at 11:25 AM
I am not sure which I enjoyed more ...downloading the house or gripping the edge of my desk as I read the story, you have a great imagination, inspiring, once I downloaded your MId century modern house I decided to look you up to see other creations I am glad I did and thank you again , you are very creative both in writing and building !!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#20 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 1:56 AM
Great job. Thank you.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#21 Old 23rd May 2016 at 12:12 PM
wonderful build, I just found all your others and downloaded them all too, thanks for sharing your creativity..