Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Oct 2012 at 8:17 PM
Default Are YOU ready for The Sims 3 Seasons???
Are you ready for The Sims 3 Seasons coming out NEXT month??? Cause I am!!!! Wooohooo!! Snowboarding and more!!! I cant believe its come this far, what's next, a Sims 3 University??? so drink it all up, before its all gone haha
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 1st Oct 2012 at 8:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shizzy356
Are you ready for The Sims 3 Seasons coming out NEXT month???
No I am not! But I'm still happy it's coming
Field Researcher
#3 Old 1st Oct 2012 at 9:34 PM
Hardly. I'm just getting caught up on the expansions. I'm nearly done experiencing most of Showtime, and by the end of the week I'll be installing Supernatural. So I'll have little over a month with that one before Seasons. Whose bright idea was it to release EPs so dang close together?
Scholar
#4 Old 1st Oct 2012 at 9:35 PM
Yes and no, for me.

Of course, I am not complaining about it coming out in November as opposed to Spring/early summer like it normally would have. It's just that with my circumstances (college) the release date is not looking like a good time for me to be playing The Sims 3.

I have two huge research papers due that month. I believe around the very same time as well. I also have lots and lots of practicing to do. And work on top of that.

If only The Sims 3 Seasons could have come out one year earlier. I had way too much free time then.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Mad Poster
#5 Old 1st Oct 2012 at 9:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
No I am not! But I'm still happy it's coming

Sadly, I am in the same boat. I haven't started on several towns to edit and get them ready, been playing too much. The way things are set up now is not satisfactory to me.

Anyone tried working with the Showtime venues and making them into nightclubs? One of the updates suppose to make certain nightclub venues into certain types of Showtimes shows if a stage is in the lot. I am confused about them, and I need to conserve space right now. Especially in Sunset Valley.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Instructor
#6 Old 1st Oct 2012 at 10:35 PM
It comes out right before my birthday. So yeah, I'd say I'm ready for it. :P

I just hope that the sims don't stop what they're doing to watch it snow/rain/etc like they did in TS2...
Field Researcher
#7 Old 1st Oct 2012 at 11:44 PM
I'm actualy getting ready - making a new world, and I hope I will have finished it by the release date, or a week or two after that. I have explored the SN EP a bit, but as I am not that fond of magic stuff, I came back to CAW and my world I've been working on so long, after looking briefly through the new town and new creatures. However, when Seasons are released, I actually want to PLAY not to build. I'm already missing normal sims 3 gameplay, but I want to make the world first.
Test Subject
#8 Old 1st Oct 2012 at 11:52 PM
Like mentioned above, I'm definitely ready and waiting for Seasons, but it's too bad they didn't release it in the summer, since November is the beginning of my new university year and I won't be able to really play it as much as I want. I just hope it won't be too "heavy" for my PC. I actually wish they could release it before Supernatural, since playing zombies and fairies isn't my thing, I prefer the realistic game play.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 1st Oct 2012 at 11:52 PM
i dunno mate, when it comes out i;ll just play it. dont need to get ready for anything because im too stupid to create my own world or anything like that.
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#10 Old 2nd Oct 2012 at 1:20 AM
The only concession I have made for Seasons is a space in my garden for plantable pumpkins.
Alchemist
#11 Old 2nd Oct 2012 at 7:24 PM
I've been ready for it for over a year now. Especially since I skipped the last few EPs.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 2nd Oct 2012 at 8:31 PM
I've been ready since 2009, man. I've weatherproofed since the game released.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 3rd Oct 2012 at 10:07 AM
Oh I am Exited, so exited, exited,exited gjkldghakl! I've even planned to make a huge world that has big city, townhouse area, supernatural mysterious parts and most importantly it'll be great for 4 season purposes. So Yes I want it!!
Test Subject
#14 Old 3rd Oct 2012 at 9:14 PM
As much as I'm ready... my cheap laptop certainly isn't, xD
Test Subject
#15 Old 3rd Oct 2012 at 10:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
Anyone tried working with the Showtime venues and making them into nightclubs? One of the updates suppose to make certain nightclub venues into certain types of Showtimes shows if a stage is in the lot. I am confused about them, and I need to conserve space right now. Especially in Sunset Valley.

I'm wondering about the same thing. I can't actually afford to have several lots just for bars/venues, but I want the world to be playable for almost all careers.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 4th Oct 2012 at 1:56 AM
Have to agree, NOT ready yet. Just got the Showtime as a gift, and getting the Supernatural soon (yeah, we know ahead of time sometimes), and not even up to speed on those two yet! What's the rush? I do look forward to actual weather (though somewhat different), and the promised aliens, but can't they be sure we have all the rest glitch-free first? Or lower the price?
Scholar
#17 Old 4th Oct 2012 at 7:46 AM
Yes,I am ready for this.I've been waiting for it too long and finally it comes
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 4th Oct 2012 at 8:51 AM
Yes as I would like to see what they are bringing back from sims 2 and also to see more stuff making a come back from sims 1 e.g the snow board ramp. I think that ailens are coming back and that would be awesome.

I CANNOT WAIT FOR WEATHER AND SEASONS WHICH I CAN CONTROL!!!

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Field Researcher
#19 Old 4th Oct 2012 at 9:23 AM
Yes. I wasn't really until the past few weeks when Summer started to turn to Autumn here... and I went crazy on Halloween decorations. >.>
Would like for it to be in my game as well

"There's downloadable dongs elsewhere."
My Plumbob Story
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 4th Oct 2012 at 9:36 AM
I've been waiting since the base game for it to come.

OF COURSE I'm Ready!
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#21 Old 4th Oct 2012 at 5:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40

If you add the Stage from Showtime to a Club, the game WILL spawn a "proprieter" for that lot. Be sure to add the tables as well, if you want people to be able to sit while watching the show. You can also do the "flip" version, by adding a Professional Bar to a Venue, and the game will spawn a Mixologist for it.
Forum Resident
#22 Old 5th Oct 2012 at 1:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by heartbreak
Yes. I wasn't really until the past few weeks when Summer started to turn to Autumn here... and I went crazy on Halloween decorations. >.>
Would like for it to be in my game as well

For me, a few weeks ago when it was still winter I was really looking forward to it, but now it's really spring and we have nice sunshine outside... I'm not so fussed. I suppose sunshine just makes playing sims generally look less attractive.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 5th Oct 2012 at 1:43 AM
I've been spending weeks preparing my game for the perfect gameplay experience. In fact, I probably haven't been in live mode other than for testing mods since I was first trying out Supernatural.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 5th Oct 2012 at 3:41 AM
Is there going to be an up next? This is expansion 8? Perhaps theyre going to stop like they did on the last 2.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 5th Oct 2012 at 3:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ButchSims
If you add the Stage from Showtime to a Club, the game WILL spawn a "proprieter" for that lot. Be sure to add the tables as well, if you want people to be able to sit while watching the show. You can also do the "flip" version, by adding a Professional Bar to a Venue, and the game will spawn a Mixologist for it.

If you want any control over what kind of showtimeclub the game thinks the latenight venue it is (ie a dive bar ranked as a coffeehouse/dance club ranked as live show/exclusive lounge ranked as private venue) for say simfests and the amount of money you earn/how hard it is to get a gig/how many people come to watch you need to edit the proprietor.xml in gameplaydata to set it up for the various venues. Otherwise by default it seems to give you park money. Which is rubbish.
Page 1 of 2