Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 1:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Luisa's Bones
Me too. I hope she's actually talking about farming and not gardening. But would they include such features in a store world...?

*Fingers crossed* :D

i highly doubt it. now that i think about it more, i bet she means "garden" b/c thats a form of farming. GRRRRR
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 1:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LadyLollerskates
Not very Christmassy is it...

Actually Italian towns look quite Christmassy during winter

Theorist
#28 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 1:16 AM
It snows in Italy?!?!
Test Subject
#29 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 1:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TMBrandon
It snows in Italy?!?!

Not sure if sarcasm.

Anyway yes, especially in the North and on the Apennines
Theorist
#30 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 1:29 AM
Mind = Blown

That was not sarcasm, it's just that Italy is so mediterrinean that I wouldn't expect it to snow there. O_O
Mad Poster
#31 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 1:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TMBrandon
Mind = Blown

That was not sarcasm, it's just that Italy is so mediterrinean that I wouldn't expect it to snow there. O_O

Northern Italy is not Mediterranean. It has temperate climate like central Europe.
Theorist
#32 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 1:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura
Northern Italy is not Mediterranean. It has temperate climate like central Europe.

Ah see that's where I was lost because I thought that all of it was just Mediterranean, you learn something new everyday. xD
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 2:09 AM
Interesting, reminds me a bit of those "historical" RTS city-builder games. Hope it's good.

I find it a little funny that the Store seems intent on putting out fabulous vacation-esque worlds, yet there's no official way to travel to them in the game. Hmmm...
Field Researcher
#34 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 2:16 AM
Holy balls! It looks amazing!
One Minute Ninja'd
#35 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 3:19 AM
Can't wait to see the routing errors in this one...............
Alchemist
#36 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 3:21 AM
Oh, my. This city might work well under a medieval theme. Can't wait for more pictures!
Forum Resident
#37 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 5:11 AM
Most people think of the 'boot' part of geography when they think Italy. Olive trees and poplars, crumbling ruins and so on. But Italy is much bigger than that. From what I've read in the past, the mountainous parts are almost like a separate country, they're so different.

I'm pretty sure the 'farming' mentioned was simply gardening as most of the 'farmhouses' we've been given so far. And I really need more than that one wallpaper like promotional shot to get excited, although I am hopeful. I like the idea a lot.
Forum Resident
#38 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 5:16 AM
Would love a medieval SP to go along with this. (Yes, I know the Store has some medieval items, but I want MOAR -- like TS3 versions of all the TS:M stuff. And, yes... I know you can find that at other sites...)

And maybe a editable version of MV that had cobblestone or dirt streets running through it to begin with, so you could play the town through the centuries, starting in the Middle Ages when the town was built, then growing and changing right up until today...

A girl can dream...

Anyway, this looks promising. Though the walls and the very close buildings are concerning... I once played a user-created medieval world, and it was a mess. Pretty to look at, but totally unplayable. Hope MV doesn't turn out like that.
Test Subject
#39 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 8:07 AM
OMG, it looks great, I'm so excited! I wanted European world for so long. And we will probably finally get European rabbit holes, yay! :D
Field Researcher
#40 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 8:29 AM
Heheh I can confirm that snow is pretty present here in Italy: not only in the North (where i live) but also in mid and south (not so frequent than north aniway) Past year Roma was covered in snow, a thing not happening for years or it can happen to see mount/vulcan Vesuvio (Napoli) painted white on the top.
That's because Italy has a lot of montainous territory.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 9:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rian90
Nope, they don't look like the Chinese walls. I can't wait to use the new walls in CAW!

The wall might be one big piece like the moated city in China, thus unusable for the most part, not one you can put together and use the way you want.
Top Secret Researcher
#42 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 11:26 AM
Are they trying to make a assassins creed world as 2 and brotherhood are ilatian but as long as I get the borgias in the world ... I'll be happy.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#43 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 11:30 AM
I think they certainly could include new types of activities in store content - lately they have indeed been doing so in their premium content. I wouldn't totally rule out speculation there may be something more in it than the gardening we already have.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Inventor
#44 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 11:51 AM
Some more photos (but not much) at SimsVip.

I'm looking forward to this but it could be great or a catastrophe. A lot depends on the plan of the city - if it has at least one big square with lots big enough to erect a proper church and a palazzo pubblico it will be OK, otherwise not.

Some other problems:
- pizza oven is nice, but does that mean we will be able to have a proper pizzeria? Probably not.
- no word about an espresso machine. No Italian can survive without that.
- olive trees = olives = oil making. Which should mean olive gathering and an oil mill or at least a machine like that "nectar" making one. Obviously not.
- not sure about that domed building. Great if the dome is a new build element; if it's a new RH it could only be a baptistery, and I am pretty sure it's not. Lots of other building element would be needed as well.

And so on. On the whole, I think this should be (at least) a SP.
Forum Resident
#45 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 1:19 PM
I would wager a bet that they will eventually implement a more open travel system like Twallan's mod that will allow us to visit these worlds on vacation or even move to them and still keep in touch with Sims in other worlds.

I'm looking forward to the producer's walkthrough for this world. I'd guess that the Capps and Montys from Veronaville will be the returning TS2 characters and we can finally find out the source of their families' grudge. If the world has a nice beach (I see one far in the background but not sure if we can reach it), then I would definitely consider it for a vacation world for my Sims.
Field Researcher
#46 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 1:44 PM
I'm looking forward to the new recipes and oven.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#47 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 1:56 PM
I wonder what the mean by multiple bistros. At those just the Bistro and Diner Rabbithole, or is their premium content I'm unaware of?

And I hope the Woodfire Over can be used on community lots.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#48 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 2:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
I wonder what the mean by multiple bistros. At those just the Bistro and Diner Rabbithole, or is their premium content I'm unaware of?

And I hope the Woodfire Over can be used on community lots.

I think it's just an exaggeration, like they usually hype things up. Multiple will most probably mean two, just like tonns of new receips for the woodfire oven really means pizza, calzone and lasagna.
Retired
retired moderator
#49 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 3:16 PM
There is abandoned code in the game for Sims 3 Store plants and harvestables. It's currently only tuned for the store to offer a lemon tree that has never eventuated - I'm guessing for a lemonade stand. Its been there a loooong time so I'm guessing it's an abandoned project.

Anyway, some of the infrastructure is there for us to get some basil plants or something. :P

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Theorist
#50 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 9:49 PM
I think I might be getting this before I spend money on Sunlit Tides... definitely a lot more possibilities in this world.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Page 2 of 17