Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 12:53 AM
Quote:
Occasionally you'll see aliens visit your world during the night; they choose different areas of the neighborhood to explore and gather data from... they might even come to your home, but they won't disturb your Sims, enter your home, or mess with anything on your lot. On the rare chance that your Sim gets abducted by an alien, they'll be transported in the UFO for a short period of time before being returned to you.

My, how proper and polite of them! Unlike the other set of green creatures in the game... Not saying any names though...
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 1:02 AM
Wow, new info! That's nice, I was curious about aliens, and waiting for them. I'll have a lot of them in Lucky Palms, because this town seems like extended and modernized Strangetown to me, they'd suit there, I think. And, most population of Lunar Lakes must be alien. Hewever, I don't want them in all my neighbourhoods, or, at least, I don't want them to be around all the time, so, I hope, we'll have some control over them (or at least modders will enable this). It would be cute if UFOs occasionally appear in the night sky, and if aliens abduct a mad scientist and impregnate him/her with an extraterrastrial baby, but it would be stupid to see those guys flying there around all the time and abducting everyone.
Eminence Grise
#28 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 2:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SommarBlomma
I hope, we'll have some control over them (or at least modders will enable this). It would be cute if UFOs occasionally appear in the night sky, and if aliens abduct a mad scientist and impregnate him/her with an extraterrastrial baby, but it would be stupid to see those guys flying there around all the time and abducting everyone.

Won't be able to turn em off using the Supernatural population controls, but can probably get rid of them with a simple tuning mod, to reduce the chances of their appearance to zero.

They do look cool, apparently by far the most fully-fleshed-out occult in the series to date :O And I thought witches were good!

Kinda surprising they aren't makable in CAS, but that will be fixed too I'm sure ( /me looks at Twallan).
Forum Resident
#29 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 4:55 AM
I usually don't complain about Sims stuff but I am so miffed that males won't really be getting pregnant. I was really looking forward to ditching the only Nraas mod I use, the woohooer, for the real thing! What's the point of having them be "pregnant" if there's no baby bump. I know EA has said that they don't really get pregnant that they're just a host but I think that's just pure laziness on their part. They probably just didn't feel like updating the male clothing meshes to include pregnancy meshes. GRRRRR!!!!!!!
Top Secret Researcher
#30 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 12:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omegastarr82
I usually don't complain about Sims stuff but I am so miffed that males won't really be getting pregnant. I was really looking forward to ditching the only Nraas mod I use, the woohooer, for the real thing! What's the point of having them be "pregnant" if there's no baby bump. I know EA has said that they don't really get pregnant that they're just a host but I think that's just pure laziness on their part. They probably just didn't feel like updating the male clothing meshes to include pregnancy meshes. GRRRRR!!!!!!!

Where have they said that? I only see a description of male pregnancy as aliens using men as host bodies for developing hybrids on the previous page, nothing about whether or not men get pregnancy meshes in the process. Are you sure the host thing isn't just an odd turn of phrase?
Field Researcher
#31 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 1:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MinghamSmith
Where have they said that? I only see a description of male pregnancy as aliens using men as host bodies for developing hybrids on the previous page, nothing about whether or not men get pregnancy meshes in the process. Are you sure the host thing isn't just an odd turn of phrase?

www.twitlonger.com/show/jjp342

So no pregnancy meshes/morphs... They will just look the same and then TADA baby... It might as well have just fallen out of the sky.
Scholar
#32 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 2:17 PM
Another interesting little tidbit... Babies born of male abduction pregnancies will have 100% alien DNA

http://www.flickr.com/photos/simsvip/8078553610/
Forum Resident
#33 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 3:22 PM
Those aliens sound epic. :D

"As they pilot the UFO, aliens can abduct their friends as a practical joke, although the abductee may not find it quite as funny (perhaps probing them afterwards would lighten the mood)." - Love!
One Minute Ninja'd
#34 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 3:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Luisa's Bones

So no pregnancy meshes/morphs... They will just look the same and then TADA baby... It might as well have just fallen out of the sky.

It's not the sky the baby falls out of...........................
Field Researcher
#35 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 3:47 PM
I know but it's too bad isn't it?! If they wanted to be that lazy and not add pregnancy morphs for the male Sims, they might as well have just made it that a random alien baby just lands on your lawn or garden one day, lol. Maybe someone can make a mod that will make it rain alien babies...

Kidding.
(Unless someone really likes the idea...? Yes? No...) :p
Scholar
#36 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 4:33 PM
Also, apparently there are no female abduction babies. Females have to get their alien hybrid child via woohoo.
Mad Poster
#37 Old 13th Oct 2012 at 12:07 AM
i guess it kind of makes sense not to add the baby bump for males, because it would have to be progressive in their stomach like female sims having a baby. but i really did love the paternity clothes from the sims 2, aww.
Field Researcher
#38 Old 13th Oct 2012 at 2:46 AM
Great screenshots, though I hope it's possible to use different oufits on them. The default one looks like a spacesuit, but I would want my aliens to have the natural ability to survive in space without the need for them, plus I would want to customize them more.
Mad Poster
#39 Old 13th Oct 2012 at 4:35 AM
How lazy... why couldn't they have made some pregnancy morphs for the men? That is one of the BEST PARTS when playing sims 2! And of course the labor pains and stuff. And the birth scene *gets all gooey* it's so cute when the daddy cuddles his baby!
Forum Resident
#40 Old 13th Oct 2012 at 6:16 AM
I'm a bit disappointed by how small the UFO is. Because there's no way an abducted sim will fit anywhere inside it. Unless they use the same "tech" used to stuff their ass with items.
Mad Poster
#41 Old 13th Oct 2012 at 6:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jeffrompas
I'm a bit disappointed by how small the UFO is. Because there's no way an abducted sim will fit anywhere inside it. Unless they use the same "tech" used to stuff their ass with items.
Maybe it works on the same principal as the Tardis or the Pink Panther's Acme packages (from the cartoon show).

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Field Researcher
#42 Old 13th Oct 2012 at 11:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Periandre
Also, apparently there are no female abduction babies. Females have to get their alien hybrid child via woohoo.

Are you sure...? Where did they say that? Cause 24 minutes into the live chat, Curtis Paradis asks Ben Bell about male pregnancy when they're abducted by aliens and Ben Bell said "When your Sims are abducted, they will come back pregnant and this is true for men and for women."
Scholar
#43 Old 13th Oct 2012 at 6:38 PM Last edited by Periandre : 13th Oct 2012 at 6:50 PM. Reason: Accuracy and additional info
Unfortunately with the two EPs back to back and the way the workforce is set up at EA, you have alot of people talking from notes... SimGuruGraham-- who was actually hands on for Aliens (I think it was one of his projects) has stated it, in this thread, 9th post down: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/599243.page

And note-- there is a chance the male will come back pregnant, it's not definite.

Also, in another tweet from Graham:
Alien abductions that result in male pregnancy are always initiated by an alien that doesn't live in your world. You can't use aliens in your household to abduct other sims and get them pregnant - it isn't a new type of woohoo. When pregnancy is the result of an alien abduction, it's an alien experimenting on the male Sim where their body ends up acting as the host during the incubation period
Test Subject
#44 Old 16th Oct 2012 at 4:20 AM
So, there's no pregnancy morph for males, but what about morning sickness, back aches and the like? They have to give them something. If it's true there's only a chance they'll be impregnated, how are we even supposed to know?
Mad Poster
#45 Old 16th Oct 2012 at 8:24 PM
My modem is out so I am on my phone. Looks like they are makings it very hard to get aliens in the game so I now know I will be depending on Twallan mods to populate Lunar Lakes. This sucks.

Hoping there's a moodlet that will give a hint the host is with alien.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#46 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 9:38 AM
I'm not really devastated over the male pregnancy/incubation situation. I use nraas woohooer for male pregnancy anyway, but even so, I ~get~ what they're putting forward with the 'no noticeable signs' thing since they are supposed to have just *put* an alien in them rather than actually impregnating them. Also am I the only one not worried at all about there not being enough alien activity? If there's one thing I've learned from TS3, it's that everything is in excess, all the time, no matter what.
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 11:20 PM
The pregnancy thing doesn't bother me as it seems more like an implantation like a Xenomorph from ALIEN anyway, just G rated.
What I am seriously on fire about is the whole "Alien Attack" angle. The idea you can have an alien invasion in your game with attacking aliens is seriously awesome here.

Add me as a friend in the Sims:
http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Zagreus74
Instructor
#48 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 11:22 PM
I'm personally just glad to have aliens back, how much I implement them I have no idea. But I expect there will be hours of amusement to be had with them.

I am an Angel who has tamed the Dragon. For I am NOT crunchy, NOR good with ketchup!
Instructor
#49 Old 18th Oct 2012 at 8:22 PM
I hope we will see a mod wich will allow us convet regular sims into aliens. In the past this has been a simple field in the sims database.

I would hope to convert Lunar Lakes into an alien community.

This is the first occult which actually has me interested.
Test Subject
#50 Old 27th Oct 2012 at 11:25 PM
[QUOTE=Srikandi] but can probably get rid of them with a simple tuning mod, to reduce the chances of their appearance to zero.QUOTE] Sigh cannot fnd the right smiley for here best one would be a begging please.

I would love to have no Aliens ever in my sims game.

And Aliens are the number one thing i do not want to see in seasons

Wounderful board too
Page 2 of 5