Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#26 Old 9th Nov 2012 at 10:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TVRdesigns
Yeah, I've got that error now. It 'installs', but when you go ingame or restart the launcher, it says its not installed. Stupid thing.. Oh well. Guess we'll have to wait again for another patch.
I have to affirm this. Worlds containing more than zero lots cannot be installed by the launcher. The attempt to circumvent this by loading the world into a former, fully functional CAW version, deleting and the redoing all lots failed, the exported world was still defective. That’s why I guess putting lots into a neighborhood does only trigger the error, but does not cause it.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 9th Nov 2012 at 9:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AD85
I have to affirm this. Worlds containing more than zero lots cannot be installed by the launcher. The attempt to circumvent this by loading the world into a former, fully functional CAW version, deleting and the redoing all lots failed, the exported world was still defective. That’s why I guess putting lots into a neighborhood does only trigger the error, but does not cause it.

Personally, I think the Blueprints change is probably the underlying reason. Something with this version of Sims and CAW got flagged for Seasons and we're stuck until the expansion comes out.

Time will tell...
Retired
retired moderator
#28 Old 10th Nov 2012 at 12:21 AM
Those observations about the lots are good info, you should pop that sort of thing on the official forum thread that ella linked to (http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/po...st/604830.page). I suspect it's not news to whichever poor sods EA has working on these issues, but on the other hand I know devs are aware of that thread on the official forums whereas I'm not confident they'd get any help from anything we're only posting here, and they obviously don't have very good/very many testers for stuff like this.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 10th Nov 2012 at 6:47 PM Last edited by PWN9483 : 10th Nov 2012 at 9:42 PM.
SuperCaw Updated to 1.42
Just noticed that SuperCAW 1.42 is updated as of Nov 7, 2012 on the default site:
http://www.den.simlogical.com/denfo...php?topic=860.0

Precompiled version link is right above the instructions heading.

Update: Don't expect SuperCAW to fix issues like Edit in Game crashes or what not.
The issues still exist, just with more functionality.
Test Subject
#30 Old 11th Nov 2012 at 1:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AD85

I encountered the same Problem.and after the update, I create a new world,the new world only had some roads and Lots,but it still can't install in game...
My english proficiency is so terrible,sorry....
Field Researcher
#31 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 4:52 PM
Uhm I have just finished doing 2 complete uninstalls-re-installs (+ thorough registry cleaning!) of all my games and have come to the baffling conclusion that all custom content I had installed at the time I exported my last version of my world (post 1.42 patch) installs itself with the world!
I have no idea how this is possible, but that's what happens. I couldn't for the life of me figure out where a clean game could get the memory of all this stuff (yes I did clear all folders, hidden folders, virtual store and whatnot) and the first thing I did was hit install on my world.package file that was on a different drive. Takes forever to install, and then: "poof!" all my cc is back. I'm talking tables and chairs, stuff I never even put in this world. I mean WTF much?
Retired
retired moderator
#32 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 2:28 AM
Simsimillian, have you checked the world with Custard? That is veeeeery strange, but some CC makers neglect to make the content not sticky. But this sounds like a particularly unusual case where it might just be happening generally.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Forum Resident
#33 Old 21st Nov 2012 at 7:49 PM
Ok, is CAW still out for the count? I haven't had time to even try messing with my work-in-progress in months, so it hasn't been an issue. Don't have Seasons yet, but game is patched up to current. When I try to download and install doday's version of CAW it says it's OLDER than the one I have installed.

. . . . ? ? ? . . . This seriously messed with my head. I'm NOT uninstalling what I've got to install an older version if I'm just going to have to update it again next week if it's still not really working.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#34 Old 21st Nov 2012 at 10:40 PM
Nope, they haven't updated yet.. The thing everyone seems to forget is that its a free tool. EA have no obligation to update it; we just have to deal with it, I guess. When they update, they update. :P

I didn't see you there. Hello. *runs* | Visit my CFF World thread
Field Researcher
#35 Old 22nd Nov 2012 at 6:00 AM
I haven't used CAW or SuperCAW since basegame version 1.29. What I'm seeing now, is that I can load my old saves in EIG fine, but if I take that same save, make a new unaltered save in the current CAW, it crashes EIG.

Simulis
απολαυστικά κακό
dodgy builder
#36 Old 22nd Nov 2012 at 11:19 AM Last edited by Volvenom : 22nd Nov 2012 at 12:45 PM.
I only have 5 lots in my world, and finally got on to doing this. Today I started EIG, exported the lots I had made. Deleted them in EIG, saved. The lots themselves are still there, but the houses are not. Made an export file with an empty DCBackup folder, Installed it, and still no world installed. I wonder if the next step could be to install without any lots even? or is the problem somewhere else?

Nevermind. I just did the workaround with renaming files. It's so easy troubling with making the export file work on it's own isn't worth the bother.
Test Subject
#37 Old 22nd Nov 2012 at 12:54 PM
I have the same problem with CAW. And I'm so sad......
Forum Resident
#38 Old 22nd Nov 2012 at 5:08 PM
Well, poo. Figures as soon as I've got time and inclination to play with my world, I can't. I'm sorry I deleted my last beta export.

Whatever the problem is, it probably isn't an easy fix for whoever gets to try to fix it at EA. What with the holidays around the corner, it'll probably be a while before it gets fixed anyway. (I'm assuming the poor guy in charge of CAW gets holiday time off...)
Field Researcher
#39 Old 24th Nov 2012 at 1:35 AM Last edited by bakafox : 24th Nov 2012 at 1:52 AM.
Just noting, I'm back in and CAWing fine- downloaded and installed CAW on the 20th or 21st I think, I can't recall which, unfortunately.

I have yet to actually do any updates to my SuperCAW. This whole time, it has worked for me as long as I update the basic CAW with the shortcut I'd made, and I've never had any issues stem from this.

The only problems I have encountered is the odd save error telling me some lots were 'read only' and then also not being able to install/play/test my exported world after adding things for Seasons in CAW and EIG. EIG did crash on me a couple of times when trying to open a large neighborhood, but then it behaved itself.

I've tried to do the unpack/rename type workaround for the exported world (a Seasons release for my Morikipo Island) but honestly just wound up more confused, I must have missed steps somewhere since it still didn't work.

*Edit:
I think I have the world export thing sorted now. Possibly it being 2am and me being tired was more to blame for my confusion last night xD
Alchemist
#40 Old 24th Nov 2012 at 2:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bakafox
The only problems I have encountered is the odd save error telling me some lots were 'read only' and then also not being able to install/play/test my exported world after adding things for Seasons in CAW and EIG. EIG did crash on me a couple of times when trying to open a large neighborhood, but then it behaved itself.

That's what I've been getting this whole time; Read-Only Lots -warnings and on top of that, EIG crashes every single time. EA really messed up this time.
Field Researcher
#41 Old 24th Nov 2012 at 2:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by varpunen
That's what I've been getting this whole time; Read-Only Lots -warnings and on top of that, EIG crashes every single time. EA really messed up this time.

I've yet to see anything happen with those 'read only' lots, though I haven't actually modified them. And I've just saved/done some EIG successfully again, the crashes I had were when EIG was loading a world. I've yet to have a crash while using it or saving (probably just jinxed myself).

Do you have it set back up to be large address aware? I'd forgotten to do that right away and had some of the old problems from that at first after installing CAW this time around.
Alchemist
#42 Old 24th Nov 2012 at 4:45 PM
Yeah, I did the LAA for CAW, as always, even though it's supposed to be LAA ready now, so that it's not necessary to do it yourself anymore. Also the "application can handle 2 gb of memory" was already ticked, so I guess it's true. For me, EIG loads fine but then I get the light blue screen with only the UI showing and then it crashes. When I checked the crash log with the CLA, it says the reason is insufficient memory, which is not true by a long shot.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 24th Nov 2012 at 8:10 PM
When I install my world, when I send my sim to downtown my game crashes -.-'... never happened before seasons
Alchemist
#44 Old 24th Nov 2012 at 9:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LS_Bari
When I install my world, when I send my sim to downtown my game crashes -.-'... never happened before seasons

World installation problems are one of the issues that came with the patch. Or you could have bad CC, if you have used any in your world.
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 9:15 AM
How can I notice I use bad CC?
Alchemist
#46 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 1:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LS_Bari
How can I notice I use bad CC?

You can check your World's Sims3Pack with Custard:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=390235

Or your CC in your Mods folder with Dasboard:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=387006
Field Researcher
#47 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 9:49 PM Last edited by bakafox : 25th Nov 2012 at 11:08 PM.
Continuing with my reporting- just in case it is helpful. Have been testing my Seasons lot/version of Morikipo that I made with 1.42 patch and the CAW I downloaded on the 21st or so. Runs fine other than issues that were caused by CC that I tracked down and removed. Had to do the workaround for export, but it worked like a charm.

I've also not been seeing the 'Read Only Lot' error since a few saves/edits ago somehow.

Still having to tweak and re-edit, and CAW ( and EIG) are still working fine for me. I'm not sure if something about my computer setup is making it work for me better than for other people? I'm running Win7 64bit on an AMD Phenom II X6 1045T with 16GB of RAM.

Or are other people also now using it fine but just not reporting it as working fine? A few other people I've IM-chatted with said they couldn't get it working, but most of them hadn't downloaded and tried for a week or more.

I checked today on the Sims 3 site, so far the version for the download is still 15.0.0.498 when I check in properties/details, which is the same .exe that I installed.

EDIT:
Rob brought up to me, is it maybe folks who have patched but do not have Seasons that are having the worse issues now? I have Seasons (and apologize if I've somehow been misreading and missing the obvious if it's been pointed out already that it IS people without Seasons still having problems..)
Test Subject
#48 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 10:12 PM Last edited by ketlseythepuppy : 25th Nov 2012 at 10:25 PM.
EA may of uplaoded a new version od caw last night. I am testing it now.
They may of did something but it did not fix anything.
Mad Poster
#49 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 3:37 AM
Quick note- lots created in post-1.42 games can't be placed in pre-1.42 games.

This obviously is creating a fair amount of grief for those who don't want to update the game (and suffer from a broken CAW) just yet. Is there a workaround for this?
Test Subject
#50 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 4:54 AM
Default Simple work around
There is a simple work around. My new worlds are sent to DCBackup as a package file with along code number for the worlds name. I simply rename the package myworld.world, The I make a copy of it. Put the orgoinal in the install world folder in myDoc Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\InstalledWorlds the other I change the name to the first and put it in C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged or If you installed using a CD C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged
Locked thread | Locked by: simsample Reason: Outdated, now we are on version 1.47
Page 2 of 6