Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
dodgy builder
#51 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 9:51 AM Last edited by Volvenom : 26th Nov 2012 at 10:03 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Quick note- lots created in post-1.42 games can't be placed in pre-1.42 games.

This obviously is creating a fair amount of grief for those who don't want to update the game (and suffer from a broken CAW) just yet. Is there a workaround for this?

Me and Buckley tried to install Matrix Japanese restaurant. I was patched, Buckley wasn't. Non of us could install it. Later someone else installed it, played and reported back how it worked. If someone needs a lot to investigate you can find it in the feedback forum.

I have been using caw for several days now, with EIG, and has been playing in a beta I made with the workaround I posted in the wrong thread I probably. It's now been posted just above here.

I minimize EIG and CAW as soon as I can while it loads.

Another thing: I made an export of all the lots I had in my world, took all lots out before making a beta with the workaround. Then I opened the workaround beta, placed TeeHeeHee's Ephemeral in there and played with it for a while. Then I installed the lots separatly into the game, intended to place them in the beta with the Ephemeral. The hole save with Ephemeral was suddenly not selectable. I hadn't even placed them there. I think the world was still available. Have to check to be sure.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#52 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 12:15 PM
I actually couldn't get the workaround posted above here to work, just noting. I'm doing it with S3SU to unpack, then renaming it with a "save as" in S3PE. Tried a couple of times to do it the other way and it just wouldn't show up.
dodgy builder
#53 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 1:21 PM
I didn't have any lots in mine when I did this. Other's have tried and they got it to work, some of them must have lots in their world.
Test Subject
#54 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 2:03 PM
Default do not unpack it
Quote: Originally posted by bakafox
I actually couldn't get the workaround posted above here to work, just noting. I'm doing it with S3SU to unpack, then renaming it with a "save as" in S3PE. Tried a couple of times to do it the other way and it just wouldn't show up.

Do not unpack the file you find in DC Backup. The problem is the package extension is wrong. Just manualy change myworld.package to myworld.world . (Myworld is just what I rename the file too, use any name you want) Use the the Window functions under Edit to make the change. If you are unpacking anything you are doing it wrong. You should not use S3SU or S3PE in this process.

There is a simple work around. My new worlds are sent to DCBackup as a package file with along code number for the worlds name. I simply rename the package myworld.world, (use Windows rename and copy options, DO NOT UNPACK the file) Then make a copy of it. Put the orgoinal in the install world folder in myDoc Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\InstalledWorlds the other change the name to the first (using the window function) and put it in C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged or If you installed using a CD C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged
Alchemist
#55 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 2:24 PM
Rob brought up to me, is it maybe folks who have patched but do not have Seasons that are having the worse issues now? I have Seasons (and apologize if I've somehow been misreading and missing the obvious if it's been pointed out already that it IS people without Seasons still having problems..)

I do have Seasons installed and like I said, I have both Read-Only Lots -warnings + crashing EIG, have had from the start. I have some CC in my world and I was going to remove them since both Supernatural and Seasons brought objects that can be used instead but since I can't get to EIG, removing them is impossible. I also do not have an installed version on my wolrd because I have never gotten that far with it.
dodgy builder
#56 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 2:28 PM
I'm just posting this here:

Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
You don't need a tool. I just succeded in this.This is from Kerim99 on EA's forum.

1. You must install your world but it won't install. But it adds two (or one) files in your DCBackup folder. You can find them really easy by sorting by date.

2. If you have two files,then you must turn one of your .package to a .world file.(It is a huge file, you will definitely recognize it.

3. Now you must put the .world file into
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds

4.You can rename your world if you want. The current name of your world is something like that 0x04513G7B...

5. Your world shoud be in the game now.

If you want to rename it:

And you can turn it to .world by renaming (for exapmle, 0x0a2beccc32f747b4b61006ffa7fbb7f6.package to Woodland Peaks.package and finally Woodland Peaks.world

Varpunen, did you try the trick with EIG to minimize them as they load?

On the problem with lots, I think that's where the problem is. It doesn't seem to matter if it's no CC or what. I tried to install as I said earlier 5 lots from the world after I removed them. The clean world was fine, the lots on themselves just won't. I can try'n install the lots with no CC into the clean world with only my ground textures in it. Nothing else CC. Have you tried that?

I mean EA should have been able to fix their own stuff, and not bother to tell their customers?
Alchemist
#57 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 2:34 PM
Varpunen, did you try the trick with EIG to minimize them as they load?

Yes, I did. Didn't make any difference. EIG loads fine but when the neighborhood view opens, the screen is all light blue and the UI is showing normally at the bottom. Then the game crashes. The CA gives the reason "Insufficient memory" which is false.
dodgy builder
#58 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 2:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by varpunen
Yes, I did. Didn't make any difference. EIG loads fine but when the neighborhood view opens, the screen is all light blue and the UI is showing normally at the bottom. Then the game crashes. The CA gives the reason "Insufficient memory" which is false.

Have you tried the trouble shooting thread out by the thread list?
Alchemist
#59 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 2:58 PM
Have you tried the trouble shooting thread out by the thread list?

Oh, yes, I have. But I am also active at the official EA forum and there are many others with the exact same problems, so they must be new CAW related. I cannot think any other reason anymore, since I have never had any problems with CAW before, until 1.42 patch.
Field Researcher
#60 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 4:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ketlseythepuppy
Do not unpack the file you find in DC Backup....

Yes I know. I mean that did not work for me, so I did it the other way, which involves unpacking the export and then doing a save as to rename. Was just noting that it did not work for me, in case others find it doesn't work, and that there still is the other way.
Alchemist
#61 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 4:29 PM
Bakafox, who is this Rob you've been talking with, by the way? I know, maybe stupid question.
Field Researcher
#62 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 8:52 PM Last edited by bakafox : 26th Nov 2012 at 9:04 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by varpunen
Bakafox, who is this Rob you've been talking with, by the way? I know, maybe stupid question.

Boy Wonder Robin, horse/equestrian pose-maker, regular in Create chat. Helps me beta my worlds and suchlike is all.

I am having SERIOUS routing issues beta-ing my world, according to Nraas at least. Except I'm not entirely sure if it's not sometimes false reports, since at times I click to find the "unrouteable" Sim and they're actually wandering down the street. Sometimes they are in fact in an apartment and I can't find them without doing a 'build on this lot' deal, and when I do, they are ocassionally stuck in NPC apartments- but other times they're in the public hallways of apartments, so shouldn't be stuck- nice clear hallways, nothing's been changed.

In general they are never in any spot I've edited for Seasons at all, and I'm not actively getting lag, so don't know if this is a Seasons *issue* as such or if it's a Nraas-needs-tweaking thing that I need to check with Twallan about.
Alchemist
#63 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 9:41 PM
Boy Wonder Robin, horse/equestrian pose-maker, regular in Create chat. Helps me beta my worlds and suchlike is all.

I am having SERIOUS routing issues beta-ing my world, according to Nraas at least. Except I'm not entirely sure if it's not sometimes false reports, since at times I click to find the "unrouteable" Sim and they're actually wandering down the street. Sometimes they are in fact in an apartment and I can't find them without doing a 'build on this lot' deal, and when I do, they are ocassionally stuck in NPC apartments- but other times they're in the public hallways of apartments, so shouldn't be stuck- nice clear hallways, nothing's been changed.

In general they are never in any spot I've edited for Seasons at all, and I'm not actively getting lag, so don't know if this is a Seasons *issue* as such or if it's a Nraas-needs-tweaking thing that I need to check with Twallan about.

Ah, I see. I though it someone from EA. Silly me.

It might not be your world. The Error Trap keeps constantly bombarding me with reports about unroutable or stuck sims or animals, even when they're not.
Mad Poster
#64 Old 27th Nov 2012 at 3:48 AM Last edited by jje1000 : 27th Nov 2012 at 4:46 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Quick note- lots created in post-1.42 games can't be placed in pre-1.42 games.

This obviously is creating a fair amount of grief for those who don't want to update the game (and suffer from a broken CAW) just yet. Is there a workaround for this?

Me and Buckley tried to install Matrix Japanese restaurant. I was patched, Buckley wasn't. Non of us could install it. Later someone else installed it, played and reported back how it worked. If someone needs a lot to investigate you can find it in the feedback forum.

I have been using caw for several days now, with EIG, and has been playing in a beta I made with the workaround I posted in the wrong thread I probably. It's now been posted just above here.

I minimize EIG and CAW as soon as I can while it loads.

Another thing: I made an export of all the lots I had in my world, took all lots out before making a beta with the workaround. Then I opened the workaround beta, placed TeeHeeHee's Ephemeral in there and played with it for a while. Then I installed the lots separatly into the game, intended to place them in the beta with the Ephemeral. The hole save with Ephemeral was suddenly not selectable. I hadn't even placed them there. I think the world was still available. Have to check to be sure.

It looks like the issue you've been experiencing is more related to the fact that the launcher refuses to install the lot- the problem I've been facing is that the lot is installed, but it won't place into a world.

Same issue as in this thread, but I'm reluctant to patch up.
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/608355.page
Forum Resident
#65 Old 27th Nov 2012 at 10:32 AM
jje1000,
If the lot is showing up in your library, have you tried hitting the share button on it, then reinstalling it? You might have to delete the old one first. I don't know if this would work or not, just a thought.
Test Subject
#66 Old 28th Nov 2012 at 8:22 AM Last edited by NoodleSnack : 28th Nov 2012 at 9:42 AM.
I also have problems with CAW.

I created my first world, everything went well but now I am halfway I wanted to test it in game. So I went to export, but the export failed, I tried several times and emptied my cash, re-saved and renamed the world etc. I did gave it a name, description and image. Nothing worked so far

Also after a few test I found out that I can't export if there is anything placed in the world like a object or lot. Without that it is fine 0.o

with kind regards,
NoodleSnack
dodgy builder
#67 Old 28th Nov 2012 at 12:18 PM Last edited by Volvenom : 28th Nov 2012 at 1:28 PM.
May look like there's a new release out ...

Edit: The version I just downloaded is 1.18.5. That's the same as the old one I think.
Scholar
#68 Old 28th Nov 2012 at 3:25 PM
My computer tells me that the most recent CAW I downloaded from the store, yesterday, is older than the current version I have installed, although even that one is still outdated and doesn't work with the Seasons patch. I recon the only thing I can do is wait for the latest update from the store, if they ever get around to making one. It's a shame as there's a bunch of lots in the world I was building which I really want to finish so I can upload them to MTS.
Forum Resident
#69 Old 28th Nov 2012 at 6:56 PM
Yeah. Had the same weird issue with the versions. I went ahead and uninstalled my 'newer' version to install the one up right now, and after making a backup copy of the world I'm working on I then opened up the 'new/old' CAW to attempt a straight export, no working on the world at all. It exported and installed fine. Although I was promptly sad by all the terrain painting that I now can't do. At least I can refresh my memory on what needed done, and make extensive plans, maybe make a few lots. *sigh*

Since I've got the backup in a folder on my desktop, I might just attempt to work on the copy in the CAW folder and see what happens. Just, no touching the lots or EIG - from what I've gathered, those are the touchy spots.
Test Subject
#70 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 8:36 AM
Go right here to make note of your issues, read about work arounds and complain so they might fix it faster http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/604830.page

with kind regards,
NoodleSnack
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#71 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 12:16 PM
Is anyone still having issues with getting CAW to work with patch 1.42?

The latest EA download is version 1.18.5 and it's working just fine for me, I can use CAW and EIG with no problems, and export/ install worlds too.

What I did notice though is that EA have neglected to make the TS3EP08.exe large address aware, and this caused a lot of crashing and instability with CAW and the game until I figured out the cause. Even though we run from TS3W.exe, the game still uses that exe too.

So be sure to have the latest CAW, and to patch TS3EP08.exe to LAA ([Game install location] \Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Seasons\Game\Bin).
Alchemist
#72 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 1:00 PM Last edited by varpunen : 30th Nov 2012 at 7:25 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Is anyone still having issues with getting CAW to work with patch 1.42?

The latest EA download is version 1.18.5 and it's working just fine for me, I can use CAW and EIG with no problems, and export/ install worlds too.

What I did notice though is that EA have neglected to make the TS3EP08.exe large address aware, and this caused a lot of crashing and instability with CAW and the game until I figured out the cause. Even though we run from TS3W.exe, the game still uses that exe too.

So be sure to have the latest CAW, and to patch TS3EP08.exe to LAA ([Game install location] \Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Seasons\Game\Bin).

Doesn't work. Downloaded CAW again yesterday. Installed it today, made all the LAA's, removed all the necessary cache files... and doesn't work. Still get the save with warnings in CAW and EIG crashes. CLA still says "Insufficient memory - update to 4GB or higher" as the reason, which is completely false since I have 8GB.
dodgy builder
#73 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 1:28 PM

Will do as soon as possible. I only have problems running my world in TS3, my save suddenly goes unavailable if I export a lot I made there, save it to the bin or something.

Edit: forgot I installed it through programfiles.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#74 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 2:59 PM
varpunen, it's worth just checking that your CAW is LAA, too. Especially if you are using SuperCAW. I can add lots without an error, are you getting this save error when you add empty lots in CAW or with existing lots placed in EIG? I've tested in new worlds and some of my old worlds, without error so far.

Volvenom- I've had to install my worlds through Program Files too, I'm thinking that may be a Launcher (i.e, game) error as opposed to CAW though, as the DCBackup file is correct, the Launcher just doesn't write the DCCache or the Installed Worlds file correctly. I can play the worlds saved in Program Files just fine though, and open/ play them in a new game session. Haven't tested exporting lots though, I'll check that out!
Alchemist
#75 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 4:45 PM
varpunen, it's worth just checking that your CAW is LAA, too. Especially if you are using SuperCAW. I can add lots without an error, are you getting this save error when you add empty lots in CAW or with existing lots placed in EIG? I've tested in new worlds and some of my old worlds, without error so far.

I have the regular CAW and yes, it's LAA. The save with warnings comes with both existing lots in place and with adding a new lot/lots, as well. Tried both ways. Also took out all the CC but didn't make any difference. Back at the official forum there are others who are also getting the save with warnings, too.
Locked thread | Locked by: simsample Reason: Outdated, now we are on version 1.47
Page 3 of 6