Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 1:23 PM
I don't have much in CC, so far the only CC I found a problem with is the earrings and blinkie for toddlers. They float in the air, not sure if it was broken before I patched, hardly used the earrings because I don't usually play toddlers this early. I know the earrings are by LiliSims, but not sure about the blinkie (pacifier).

I used one piece of furniture CC, it was a living chair that I love. My sims are still able to use it properly.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Advertisement
Theorist
#27 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 1:27 PM Last edited by tangie0906 : 13th Nov 2012 at 1:50 PM.
I take it that you were one of the disagreers? Lol! If you go back and read the second post in this thread, she clearly explains that she needs it to update their tools. Why she needs it to update someone more technical than me will have to explain. .

Edit- oops, above message was for Parot999! Sorry, I got distracted by the tow truck which came to tow my dead car to the shop. :/

Love the screenshots, Lewisb!

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Mad Poster
#28 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 2:21 PM
^lewisb40: Thank you.

*sigh* The furniture in this ep... I guess we have to make it work.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Field Researcher
#29 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 2:48 PM
Where's Emino? I want to see some more screenshots!
Forum Resident
#30 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 2:58 PM
They made outerwear for everyday use too. And the kids generations costumes are in the outerwear section too. Not sure why ea did that.
Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 3:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ticklish
And the kids generations costumes are in the outerwear section too. Not sure why ea did that.

Probably so that trick-or-treating children can stay in costumes if it gets cold.

Well, probably not. This is EA after all, and logical thinking has never been one of their strong points.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Field Researcher
#32 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 3:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by parrot999
Why are you uninstalling? Least you could do is explain why.

She's not uninstalling, she needs it for some of the tools modders and creators use (I'm guessing S3PE etc).
Forum Resident
#33 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 3:24 PM
The npc kids that deliver the newspaper will probably have a outerwear outfit as their everyday outfit during the summer.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 3:52 PM
gosh, has anyone seen the launch trailer yet? and a lot of people are having problems with the digital download, which is really unfortunate. i just prefer to have the actual disk. i'm leaving in about 5 minutes. gonna go get it.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#35 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 4:09 PM
S3OC and texturetweaker read the registry to see where each game is installed so they can read the packages from there. The lookup is via those keys which can be found under the uninstall data

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Scholar
#36 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 4:38 PM
I found a wildflower growing in my lawn. I picked it and sold it for 200 coins. Unfortunately, you can't replant them as far as I can tell. My sims had moved to a new generation legacy house and couldn't afford walls. They are living like refugees hiding in the consignment shop so they don't get sunburned. (again)
Field Researcher
#37 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 4:52 PM
I have a question. Do you have to place lot markers on your house lot in order to have the lot change the climate ?
Forum Resident
#38 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 4:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sprue
I have a question. Do you have to place lot markers on your house lot in order to have the lot change the climate ?

No, you don't.

The new lot markers change items on the lot for festivals or for seasonal decorating. Weather/climate is throughout the world, regardless of the lot markers.
Field Researcher
#39 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 4:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by writerchick
No, you don't.

The new lot markers change items on the lot for festivals or for seasonal decorating. Weather/climate is throughout the world, regardless of the lot markers.

Ok thanks I get it now :D
Top Secret Researcher
#40 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 5:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
I don't have much in CC, so far the only CC I found a problem with is the earrings and blinkie for toddlers. They float in the air, not sure if it was broken before I patched, hardly used the earrings because I don't usually play toddlers this early. I know the earrings are by LiliSims, but not sure about the blinkie (pacifier).

I used one piece of furniture CC, it was a living chair that I love. My sims are still able to use it properly.

I suppose those blinkie earrings were made for adults, but enabled for toddler which is why they float in air - so not actually broken. (though I'm just guessing that) but anyway I think it's usually the patch which breaks stuff rather than the expansion pack itself. At least when I did test accessories, hair, objects and other CC I have, they all worked fine with patch level 1.42. But snow itself comes from seasons so if the objects are not fixed for the snow purpose then I think that could be the future, "fix the objects so the snow can gather on them" -project. But again I'm just guessing stuff here
Forum Resident
#41 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 5:29 PM
Quote:
Also save your original lots that are being replaced by the festival lots, when they said it would save your lot, it's the original one that came with the town. Not any that were updated.

Indeed, this is a complete lie from EAxis. There is no such "saving" at any point. The old lots are shipped in the Lots and Houses bin, with a Seasons icon no less, along with the festival lots. That's their idea of "saving" the old lots. The game does absolutely nothing to preserve the actual lots you replace. And they replaced the descriptions of the lots too.

Anyway, don't know if it's just me... but since installing Seasons, I've noticed a huge spike in memory usage (and I'm only on the first day of summer). Before it would peak at 71-83%, now it's near enough 100% and just incredibly sluggish to play.
Mad Poster
#42 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 5:57 PM Last edited by christmas fear : 13th Nov 2012 at 6:31 PM.
i just installed it. turned out walmart didn't have it, they only had seasons + the base game edition. the digital download worked though.

weather stone:

apparently it's summer in my hood, and 69 degrees :p

moar pics:

my female sim did surprisingly well at this contest

fairy's float instead of skate. i'm loving this expansion so far, guys
Field Researcher
#43 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 6:29 PM Last edited by fraavio : 13th Nov 2012 at 6:32 PM. Reason: Typos forever
I'm well aware this may be waaay to early, but has anybody already figured out how to flag previous clothes as outerwear? Some stuff I made fit perfectly in but I don't want to unlock all clothes just to grab a jacket, the jacket is even a retexture of one avaliable as outerwear. Anybody?
Mad Poster
#44 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 6:37 PM

awesome spray tan

just called in sick from work to relax on the beach.
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#45 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 6:48 PM Last edited by Srikandi : 13th Nov 2012 at 7:05 PM.
Cabin blueprint set (with a fair amount of redecorating/casting, heh, but most of the furniture and the general room layout is Seasons stuff that came in the set):

Total stranger at the skating rink autonomously does the twirly thing with her, and then falls on his face:

She forgave him and decided to try slowdancing with him, and he stepped on her foot Maybe he has the clumsy trait!
Instructor
#46 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 7:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40

Celebriton, I tried all types of ways to get sims to lay out for a tan, hoping for a beach towel and there was no interaction. Didn't see the boats in buy mode either. I thought one of the live chats showed sims laying for a tan. I might have misunderstood it.

Thank you for checking it out! A bad news!

I don't why EA don't include the beach towel. Seasons is the right EP for it. Unless, may be the rumor about a Resort/Hotel EP is true, another more family friendly vacation EP.

So, there's no boat too. That's too bad.
Mad Poster
#47 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 8:21 PM
We have pool rafts and paddle deco.

There is hope yet.

Theorist
#48 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 8:23 PM
The big question:
Does snow accumulate on CC deco objects?

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Mad Poster
#49 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 8:27 PM
It does on everything, I believe.

Lab Assistant
#50 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 8:39 PM
Is rain/snow making the game lag for anyone? I'm pretty sure I need a new graphics card before I download Seasons, which is making me sad.
Locked thread
Page 2 of 17