Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#51 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 8:42 PM
actually yes, the rain has been making my game lag so far. luckily i'm getting another card that should be better.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#52 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 9:14 PM
IT'S ALL SO EXCITING

Test Subject
#53 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 10:03 PM Last edited by strawberrieflavored : 14th Nov 2012 at 12:09 AM.
Unfortunately, my game has been a bit on the crashy side... Have only been able to play a few minutes at a time so far. Keeping calm and going through all my usual problem-solving steps, though =) I had updated all the mods that already had updates available before I started playing, and I thought I had pulled all the ones that weren't updated, but maybe I missed one. Cross your fingers for me that I get it fixed soon! I've been dying to play it for months now!!

Update: Fixed the crashiness!! Rogue un-updated mod that slipped past my notice, I guess! Game works great now!! I'll try to get some screencaps later =)

My MTS Yearbook
“Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.” - Mark Twain
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#54 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 10:52 PM
EA has started making CaSTable paintings (where you can change some of the image colors, not just the frame). There was an expensive tapestry in Supernatural, and now we get this one:

Similar to some of Sionelle's at MTS, but the EA one has only one castable channel (I used the new raindrop pattern). Still, nice they're going that way.
Instructor
#55 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 11:03 PM
I haven't had any trouble with my game. Yay! I've only gotten half-way through autumn so far (leaving the seasons on the 7 day default). I didn't get any trick or treaters. I'm guessing your sims have to wear costumes? Mine weren't. Anyroad, I've been playing since 8am since, when I got the game last night it was very late, and I didn't dare stay up past 2:30am. I had a forecast of heavy rain one of those days and let me tell you, they weren't kidding! It was raining so hard that my sim couldn't see the house across the street! I've stopped just long enough to have supper, I may or may not watch NCIS, then I'll be finishing my autumn experience and beginning my winter experience. I'm on my laptop right now and don't have access to any pictures I've taken.

I am an Angel who has tamed the Dragon. For I am NOT crunchy, NOR good with ketchup!
Instructor
#56 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 11:05 PM
As everyone expected weather effects do slow down your game it caused me horrible lagness D: (Probably because it was the first time?).
But here are some pics of snowy Bridgeport looking gorgeous under the weather!

The became 20x better now ♥

Fear is only in our minds ♡ Taking over all the time..❤
Mad Poster
#57 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 11:11 PM
My female sim got abducted 2 times this morning during gameplay, different experience this time. Normally it doesn't really affect her, except getting a moodlet about being abducted. The last time she was shamed and crying. What are they doing to her? Now she rolls wishes for another baby and a baby with her husband.

Why can't my male sim get abducted? Dang!
I am not getting the upgrade option from the umbrella, wonder what level in mechanics you need to upgrade it for lights. My sims have the waterproofed one, but this is happening alot.

I have to replace them because the sim is getting the thought bubbles that it's broken.

My sims chilling on a off day. Then it rains and they run to their cars to go home. UGH!

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Theorist
#58 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 2:28 AM
So far all I've experienced is rain and hail, but no lag from that at all.

THIS on the other hand, this created lag for me. Can you believe this?!? There are two horses INSIDE the EA RH coffee shop. I'm speechless.

This OTOH was amusing. I sent this sim in the face paint tent and selected pirate, but he came out with Spuds McKenzie painted on his face. Please disregard the pilgrim NPC to his left.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Field Researcher
#59 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 2:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fraavio
I'm well aware this may be waaay to early, but has anybody already figured out how to flag previous clothes as outerwear? Some stuff I made fit perfectly in but I don't want to unlock all clothes just to grab a jacket, the jacket is even a retexture of one avaliable as outerwear. Anybody?

I've been looking at the CASP files for the outerwear in s3pe, and I "believe" I found it. Open up Grid for the CASP and it's under Clothing Category>Unknown 12. I have not however, tested this in game. :D
Field Researcher
#60 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 3:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by naiyasfury
I've been looking at the CASP files for the outerwear in s3pe, and I "believe" I found it. Open up Grid for the CASP and it's under Clothing Category>Unknown 12. I have not however, tested this in game. :D

♥♥
Scholar
#61 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 3:35 AM
My sim accidentally started a freak snowstorm the day after summer ended - So I got to watch the neatest thing - I was out in town view and got to watch the snow gradually melt all over town. I love the weather SO much. Even the bad weather is cool. It feels more real than the TS2 weather (except for the plant watering thing) and I can't put my finger on why yet. The sounds are great . There are so many awesome little details. I like that my house was covered with icicles that looked so enchanting. There was frost on the window - I love how the trees not only change color, but they gradually lose their leaves. And even the little trees you plant change color in the fall!

I saw some townies talking to each other about the weather. The cool thing was, that unlike TS2, where the sims would just talk about weather in general, the sims seemed to be talking about the freak snowstorm that happened earlier that day. Maybe I just got lucky or something, but I swear they seemed to "know" about the odd weather and kept mentioning it to each other.
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#62 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 3:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kewpie
I saw some townies talking to each other about the weather. The cool thing was, that unlike TS2, where the sims would just talk about weather in general, the sims seemed to be talking about the freak snowstorm that happened earlier that day. Maybe I just got lucky or something, but I swear they seemed to "know" about the odd weather and kept mentioning it to each other.

Your sim gets a minor moodlet, called "smalltalked", from chatting about the weather +10! That's cute
Test Subject
#63 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 4:04 AM
I've managed to squeeze in about 6 hours of game play around work and a few hours of sleeping. (Darn this twelve hour shift stuff when there's a new Sims!) I unfortunately experienced three crashes early this morning, but once I employed the usual save A LOT method I oddly haven't experienced again. *knocks on wood* Prior to my first crash, my lovely lady Sim, Lilah Hawthorne, had just beaten her husband, Liam, at the hot dog eating contest. Boy could she shovel those weiners in! LOL Sadly, the game then went capoot! So, I cursed and cried, then rebooted. I quickly sent the couple back to the Summer Festival to partake in a hot dog eating rematch! As with their previous contest, Lilah scarffed down them dogs with gluttonous amazement! Sadly, she either choked in the midst of the competition or got over heated because she died! Right there by the contest table! And then, in a feat of superb free will, Liam ignored my demands to plead with ol' Grim to save his beloved's life! He decided to go play chess instead. Apparently I was confused about his intense love for his wife! For shame, Liam Hawthorne, for shame!

Well, I decided to keep playing and not give in to the temptation of restarting the game; although had it not crashed and had to be rebooted recently I'd have probably started over from the most recent save point. LOL So, Liam grieved for a total of one whole Sim day. Clearly he wasn't bothered by his wife's untimely weiner death. He is now happily married to a previously pre-made Sim named Zoey and have already had their first child, a son named Zane.

On another note, I used the blueprint thing to make part of their new house and in a dumb dumb moment I totally forgot to put on a roof. Needless to say, they both ended up sick when it rained/hailed in their bedroom. Hahaha! I can say with utmost honesty....I LOVE THIS FREAKING EP!
Alchemist
#64 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 6:24 AM Last edited by nikel23 : 14th Nov 2012 at 7:25 AM.
Are there any new lots from Seasons? I wonder if they provide a nifty Festival Lot suitable for all neighborhoods.
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#65 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 6:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
Is there any new lots from Seasons? I wonder if they provide a nifty Festival Lot suitable for all neighborhoods.

They provide five versions of the festival lot Plenty of choice! That's it though, no other new lot types.

Quote: Originally posted by SpikesSerenity
On another note, I used the blueprint thing to make part of their new house and in a dumb dumb moment I totally forgot to put on a roof. Needless to say, they both ended up sick when it rained/hailed in their bedroom. Hahaha! I can say with utmost honesty....I LOVE THIS FREAKING EP!

Been there When your sim puts up her umbrella to go into the dining room, you know you forgot to put a roof on!
Mad Poster
#66 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 6:56 AM
Already answered.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Top Secret Researcher
#67 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 8:23 AM
Yay! FINALLY got my copy, along with a plumbob pillow (used up my store points for that) and a plumbob phone keychain thingy.

INSTALLING!!!
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#68 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 9:06 AM
Nice swag, Emino Enjoy!
Mad Poster
#69 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 10:05 AM
Oh emino, I thought for sure you again will be the first.

I still haven't gotten mine, it shouldn't even come out until tomorrow + all the fail days it takes them to deliver it to me. For SN I had to wait 1.5 weeks after the Finnish release before I got my copy.

So please continue to post pictures
Mad Poster
#70 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 10:17 AM
Emino, you always get the best stuff with your game!

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Instructor
#71 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 11:01 AM
I want that Keychain D:!

Fear is only in our minds ♡ Taking over all the time..❤
Instructor
#72 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 11:01 AM
Not Bad...
First Impression: I've been pretty disappointed with previous expansions and, I must say, that I am not disappointed with Seasons. The weather and changes are just cool and the world feels more alive now.

Haven't played too much more than an hour or so though.
Field Researcher
#73 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 11:14 AM
Can anyone please post a picture with the items from build mode please ?
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 11:19 AM Last edited by Sauzer : 14th Nov 2012 at 11:56 AM.
I've not experienced lag yet, did tested all the weathers and all is good so far.

I like how they put so much detail into each weather. Moonlight Falls already have a great natural weather by itself, but with DAT rain... just looks too good for me.

Field Researcher
#75 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 11:41 AM
I like how EA updated the outerwear to clothes that came from earlier expansions but why are wedding gowns available for outwear?
Locked thread
Page 3 of 17