Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#51 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 1:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by clearblueskies
When my genie went roller skating she whizzed around the rink with NO rollerskates on! I hope its a glitch, other wise its no fair for genies!

I also dislike that. What's the point? Why would they go to a skating rink to fly when they can fly all the time? Would have been way cuter if they skated and caught their falls by flying when their feet went out from under them.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 2:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AngelicScot
Unless you've somehow disabled your pop-up notifications entirely, the morning of each holiday has a pop-up to tell you that it's Snowflake Day, Spooky Day, etc. and encourages you to go to the Festival.

With my seasons set to the default 7 days, my holidays land on the fifth day of each season.

No way to trigger it, huh? I'm on the long-ass seasons (26 days each or something like that, I forget) and I need it for a machinima. I haven't disabled the notifications - I just don't get them.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Field Researcher
#53 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 2:27 AM
I am sad to see that Sims I am not controlling walking around without any coats in winter, and they don't seem to be suffering either.

If you want to download my Sims 3 pets, click here and then go to my Studio. To see images of all my pets, click here.
Scholar
#54 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 2:53 AM
the rain and snow...do seem to wreek havoc on my tired old system...but i dont care...my sims have snow!!!!
Instructor
#55 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 2:58 AM
I'm annoyed that allergies don't seem to do anything except decrease my sims' mood by a bit. I was hoping for more realism when it came to illness.
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 3:08 AM
I'm annoyed that my Sim can't create an online dating profile. Dunno if it's a glitch or not (I need to check my CC) but it's ticking me off.
Scholar
#57 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 3:27 AM
I don't know if the skating rink is glitched (I've seen issues above) or if I have a mod conflict. First sim, a genie (and yeah, I don't like the genie float - stupid) floated around for quite a while then he just froze in place. Later, his girlfriend a witch skated around until I got the notification that she was quite good and could whiz around the rink, then she froze in place. When I click on something else for them to do, they leave the rink and do it. Irritating.

My genies on the whole are having a rough time of it. Sent the skating genie to swim in the lake. Selected float, but he suddenly had a burning need to clean up the newspaper from the front of the house... Different genie, different world, tried to banish someone, flung herself home. Is that how banish is supposed to work on a com lot?

As for casting the umbrellas, I save it as a preset so I can get an idea what it looks like... can always delete it later.
Scholar
#58 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 4:05 AM
The temperatures in the game are very unrealistic. The first day of autumn it was 31 degrees and raining... I thought the temperature changes in the seasons would be a bit more proper, but it was 41 degrees on the last day of summer so I guess it makes sense in that light.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Forum Resident
#59 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 4:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bassoon_crazy
The temperatures in the game are very unrealistic. The first day of autumn it was 31 degrees and raining... I thought the temperature changes in the seasons would be a bit more proper, but it was 41 degrees on the last day of summer so I guess it makes sense in that light.

Are you talking about Fahrenheit or Celsius? Because I'm afraid I don't know whether you're complaining about it being too hot or too cold...

I've got the message saying my pre-ordered copy is here (I thought it would be tomorrow, so that's good) so no doubt I'll have some of my own soon.
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#60 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 4:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bassoon_crazy

What is "proper" depends on where you live, and there is a LOT of variability even in one place from year to year :O

I think Seasons has done a good job in reflecting the variability... no two winters or summers will be exactly alike, which is how it's been no matter where in the world I've lived

Quote: Originally posted by kayls42
I'm annoyed that my Sim can't create an online dating profile. Dunno if it's a glitch or not (I need to check my CC) but it's ticking me off.

Yeah, missing interactions are usually a CC issue.
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 4:45 AM
Actually, without me even touching my CC, it's now working just fine >.<
Strange, but hey, it's Sims. Sometimes I think that's the point.
Scholar
#62 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 5:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KittyCarey
Are you talking about Fahrenheit or Celsius? Because I'm afraid I don't know whether you're complaining about it being too hot or too cold...

Fahrenheit.

Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
What is "proper" depends on where you live, and there is a LOT of variability even in one place from year to year :O

But you have to live pretty far North to see low 40s for highs in the summer. Certainly further North than the USA (I know it's possible in the US, but it's quite extreme).

To me that's not variability. What is Autumn even there for when the last day of summer is already winterlike? Where I live that is actually a below average high for even the coldest winter day.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Instructor
#63 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 5:43 AM
I don't know if this is Seasons related, I haven't played any other world than Moonlight Falls until now. But I think the Sims Team needs to rethink how they have the Supernaturals weighted. Apparently, it's 10% of each in the population. Which leaves almost no Townie sims "normal". In Sunset Valley. Agnes Crumplebottom, Jack and Judy Bunch, Erin Kennedy and Thornton Wolff I remember for certain are Faeries. Boyd Wainwright is a witch (I'm sure there are more, my sims just may not know them at present). Boyd's wife, Paula Wan, Clair Ursine, one of the Frio brothers, Parker Langerak, Cornelia Goth, Leighton Sekemoto, Justine Keaton and a few more are Werewolves. Fiona Irish, Bessie Clavell, Buster Clavell, the other Frio brother, Stiles McGraw, Blair Wainwright, Tamara (forgot her name), Ayesha Ansari, Madison Van Watson, Gobias Koffi, and Vita Alto are Vampires. Both Landgraabs are Supernaturals ( I just can't remember what at the moment). I think the only "normal" sims in town other than my own are the teens and children. I like having the Supernaturals in my game, so I don't want to turn it off completely. I just wonder if the Sims Team MEANT to have 10% of the total population as Supernaturals and not 90% of the population.

I am an Angel who has tamed the Dragon. For I am NOT crunchy, NOR good with ketchup!
Field Researcher
#64 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 6:58 AM
There are some major routing issues in this game, unless one of my mods is conflicting. Greeting cards seem to be the ultimate evil, causing sims to think whatever square they are on is inaccessable. Its lead to sims refusing to cook because there was a greeting card above the fridge, or a sim not being able to leave his bedroom because there was one next to the door. Postcards aren't the only causes of sim stupidity though. Its getting a bit old.
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 8:58 AM
Been playing for only couple of hours now, but I was really surprised at Sims dying of STARVATION from EATING CONTEST. After that the Grim Reaper decided to hang around, playing soccer with his non-existent feet.

I would have accepted the death better if it's a new type, like, say, Death from Choking.

My DeviantART. It's full of drawings, trust me.
Replaying the very same legacy over and over again C:
Forum Resident
#66 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 10:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by psivampyr
Anyone know how to set your costume? I looked, but there is no tab or option, I just want to know how because they are changing to default NPC job costumes right now.

On Spooky Day, you can click on your sim and from there you have the option to pick your costume.
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 12:04 PM
Are the rain and snow effects SUPPOSED to be disabled inside? It rains and snows inside my house, roof or not! It still gathers on the roof and not inside, but if you take a screenshot it looks like it is snowing or raining inside. Is this a mod conflict or something, or is it supposed to happen? Hope I made sense.
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 12:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by clearblueskies
When my genie went roller skating she whizzed around the rink with NO rollerskates on! I hope its a glitch, other wise its no fair for genies!

Oh yah, I find that the only thing that bothers me :/ I just wanted my fairy to enjoy skating, but instead she just flies around the rink as if it's the same thing. I wish there was a mod or something to fix that.

"When life gives you lemons, squirt someone in the eye" (≧◡≦)
Story: Take Care
Simblr: marblecakepanda
。◕‿◕。
Mad Poster
#69 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 12:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pingpongpanda
Oh yah, I find that the only thing that bothers me :/ I just wanted my fairy to enjoy skating, but instead she just flies around the rink as if it's the same thing. I wish there was a mod or something to fix that.

Twallan has already found this, so this fix should be in the next version of the Hybrid mod.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Forum Resident
#70 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 12:26 PM
Well, this isn't actually a *minor* annoyance, but... I'd love it if sims wouldn't keep bursting into flames without any explanation. Yesterday during 2 sim-days 5 random sims from non-controllable households died because they caught on fire. They all were standing outside in their everyday clothes and it was winter, so it certainly isn't about being overheated.. I heard that other players have seen it happen in their games as well, so I guess it's EA's coding issue or something. REALLY hope they'd fix it in a patch, and soon!

MaraLetsPlay on Youtube - Sims Let's Plays and Livestreams
Mara @ LJ - Downloads and stories
TS2 Patch and Pre-made Sim Archive | TS2 Townie/NPC Archive | TS3 Pre-made Sim Archive
Scholar
#71 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 12:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lilibug1
Are the rain and snow effects SUPPOSED to be disabled inside? It rains and snows inside my house, roof or not! It still gathers on the roof and not inside, but if you take a screenshot it looks like it is snowing or raining inside. Is this a mod conflict or something, or is it supposed to happen? Hope I made sense.

are walls up or down? i dont have seasons yet (waa) but i remember on ts2 if you had walls down it looked like it was raining/snowing inside even though it wasnt. if theyre down try putting them on that half up cutaway setting, if not all i can suggest it check cc and mods etc. without actually playing the game i cant really help anymore. if you can wait til after christmas i can see :p

but as long as sims dont get bad moodlets then i suppose it doesnt matter too much? granted, it would be annoying, but at least theyre not all freezing to death...
Instructor
#72 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 1:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lilibug1

If your camera angle is above your sims' ceiling, it will appear like it's raining or snowing inside. Move your camera angle below your ceiling and it will stop.

I am an Angel who has tamed the Dragon. For I am NOT crunchy, NOR good with ketchup!
Instructor
#73 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 1:30 PM
Um, I just found out there is no Christmas tree I even built a house with a specific room just to put in the tree only to find there is none to put there. I read in google there was one for free in the store, but it's long gone now so I will have to wait for EA to put it back up. So sad, would look beautiful in the window with snow, and the lights hanging off the roof.
Scholar
#74 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 2:00 PM
about the tree, try searching here? i think i saw one a few months ago and decided id get it when i got seasons, but im not sure how old it is and whether its up to date enough to use now. if not then im sure someone will make one soon anyway?
Instructor
#75 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 2:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by psivampyr
Um, I just found out there is no Christmas tree I even built a house with a specific room just to put in the tree only to find there is none to put there. I read in google there was one for free in the store, but it's long gone now so I will have to wait for EA to put it back up. So sad, would look beautiful in the window with snow, and the lights hanging off the roof.

There was a Christmas tree in one of the freebies from the store quite a while back. If you have it, it will be in floor lamps.

Page 3 of 17